AndyClarke

The first thing I do on a new game is sack all the staff, overhaul my training set-up and ask for my facilities to be improved.

Even as Villa? With the best facilities?

I may overhaul a lot of staff after my first season.

Anybody else noticed alot of players getting yellow cards and injuries?

I had delph get sent of two games in succession with a straight red card for horror tackles so i fined him 2 weeks wages and he isn't happy

Got Honda in anyway so i doubt he will be getting back in the first team again for a while

Edited by AshVilla

The first thing I do on a new game is sack all the staff, overhaul my training set-up and ask for my facilities to be improved.

Definitely, great facilities but useless if the staff are poor. Although i dont sack them all straight away i definitely replace them all eventually.

Definitely, great facilities but useless if the staff are poor. Although i dont sack them all straight away i definitely replace them all eventually.

I'll see if it helps, thanks.

Also what do you guys do about player instructions in games? Like defensive options etc. I tend to just get whoever adds the most changes to do it for me, is there a better way?

First conceding from corners, now its late goals, anyone got any tips to combat these before I smash the laptop up again  :angry: Finished 7th in my first season and can't do anything to bring my team to match those standards this season.

I had this problem - if I've got a narrow lead going into the ten minutes I tend to change my shouts to much lower tempo and go narrower (and anything else to do with slowing the game down). It's the McLeish way but unlike in real life, it seems to work in FM.

Edited by Pilchard

I'll see if it helps, thanks.

Also what do you guys do about player instructions in games? Like defensive options etc. I tend to just get whoever adds the most changes to do it for me, is there a better way?

They're just set differently depending on what tactic, suppose you'd have to watch the games and change what you feel needs changing. If they're good fullbacks i like to just keep it simple and let them play to their attributes.

Unreal 2nd season with Villa, qualified for the CL with 3 games remaining, possibly can still finish 2nd as well behind an unreal Arsenal side. Also if you want a goalscorer Jordan Rhodes is a machine for me, 25 goals this season and still has another 3 games to make the magical 30 mark.

I've got a few but nowhere near enough. Went up too soon, squad was so weak and I'm suffering for it now. Got Harry Maguire, Jake Cassidy, Jeff Hendrick, Lee Hodson, Jamie Paterson and a few others but nowhere near good enough. The wages is the tough bit. Everyone wants around 10k and it just adds up so quickly with a wage budget so small. Spent most of my budget on wages, so could barely spend anything on players. 

Managing Villa must be one of the hardest challenges on FM, no money in the first season, then again none in the second and after qualifying for the CL only 9m, plus the fact you get least than 50% made from transfers; lucky I'm quality at the game then ;)

Edited by Avflife

Managing Villa must be one of the hardest challenges on FM, no money in the first season, then again none in the second and after qualifying for the CL only 9m, plus the fact you get least than 50% made from transfers; lucky I'm quality at the game then ;)

Sadly I am awful at this game.

Kept United up, was 10 points off safety when I took over (November) and ended up 22 points clear, although when I tried changing some things with the board they said my performance had been poor (because the position wasn't high enough) even though I took nearly 2 points per game on average. I hate how the game looks at form/position before you joined and blame you when you don't win everything!!!!!

This is my team to try for promotion. Not one player from the crap I had when I joined!

if1l08.jpg

Â