Pubs?

Pete375

I was wondering the same as you.

Last year I went to "The York" just outside Angel Station - a nice Nicholsons Pub with decent beer and ok food. Not many football fans though.

I'm arriving at 11.30ish so I might head to The York for a few before heading to The Drayton Arms to soak up the atmosphere. 

Unless anyone has any other pre-match boozer recommendations.....??  

Think we're going to start in the griffin in Farringdon. It's basically a boozer that isn't overpriced but has strippers performing shows, they come round every 20 mins or so and you just put a £1 in the pint glass. Think private dances are available too! 

Opens at midday too! Beer, strippers, villa away.. can't think of a better saturday afternoon to be honest 

• Like 1

Think we're going to start in the griffin in Farringdon. It's basically a boozer that isn't overpriced but has strippers performing shows, they come round every 20 mins or so and you just put a £1 in the pint glass. Think private dances are available too!

Opens at midday too! Beer, strippers, villa away.. can't think of a better saturday afternoon to be honest

If you ever go in here midweek it is full of suits unless an england game is on. May have a wonder in here when I am in london tomorrow :-)

If you ever go in here midweek it is full of suits unless an england game is on. May have a wonder in here when I am in london tomorrow :-)

Well I actually live in the old stadium in Highbury so we'll stroll over to the Drayton for about 1. The twelve pins is great but is proper Arsenal. Re: The Griffin. Also used to work in Farringdon. That place is ridiculous. Great for watching Sunday football

We usually stop off at King's Cross (handy if you're arriving into Euston, it's one stop on the tube on the same line as Arsenal/Finsbury Park), plenty of boozers and there is a certain establishment that doesn't sound too dissimilar to the aforementioned The Griffin that opens at about midday and is quite cheap with the added entertainment, unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. The Drayton Arms/Park is the designated away pub but that is often rammed and they stop letting people in a few hours before kick-off.

The Flying Scotsman is the similar establishment to The Griffin. If you are going from Euston to Kings Cross it is under a five minute walk and probably less hassle than the tube. You just turn left out of Euston and walk straight.

Â