• Lee Hendrie
    • Nolberto Solano
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger

From memory (I used to be a fan of his)

1st season: 2/2

2nd season 0/0

3rd season 3/4

4th season 0/3

last season he missed a late one v Bolton but scored against Leeds and Southampton later in the season, therefore he's missed 4 out of his last 6.

Its not right for Aitkin ot O'Leary to disguss this in public. Maybe he shouldn't have taken it, but keep this type of things in the dressing room.

You have to remember, it dosent matter how poor the pens were, the were on target, unlike Cole's.

Its classic Juan Pablo though. It takes balls to demand the second penalty as he did - it takes more balls to try and place it in the same spot again. Sadly, they were both the wrong decision to make and he will take quite a beating now.

Its so frustrating this had to happen in the game he broke his draught and had played well.

Both his penalties were tame and nowhere near the corner, in fact, the only penalties he's ever scored for us are where he's sent the keeper the wrong way. Robbie Blake showed how to score a penalty tonight, take note Juan Pablo - powerfully, and in the corner, not tamely, nowhere near the corner.

went for Gaz baz.

JPA has missed too many now for the Villa and i have no faith when he steps up to the spot.

Clearly, neither does DOL .....

if and whne JPA gets his full confidence back, then maybe him again.

But at the mo, has to be Gaz Baz.

ED they weren't tame shots. Van Der Sar is a bloody good keeper.

For every Blake blast that goes in I can probably quote you one that misses (e.g. Ugo in the semi against Tranmere a few years ago, Waddle in the world cup) Power isnt always the key (e.g. Yorke against Sheff Utd a few years back). The only real sin is if you dont hit the target

JC being as helpful as ever... ;)

I'd give Hitz a go, if he put all his weight behind it and really twatted it, it either goes 4 miles over the bar, goes in and rips the net or injures the keeper horribly.

2 out of those 3 options are good, and I like those odds.

Nice one Didier.

I'm Gareth's official cheerleader, didn't you know:

"Go Gaz Baz, go Gaz Baz"!

seriously though, for anyone voting for either Lee or Hitzy, it is very possible that neither of these players will be on the pitch against the Arse (lee after his poor display v fulham), should we get a pen. That would really only leave a straight fight between Nobby and Gaz.

Reckon Barry is probably the best at penalties. Hopefully Angel will have been given a bollocking and will be fired up for the Arsenal game. We need him to play well, they are vastly weakened at the back without Campbell etc. This is probably Villa's best opportunity against Arsenal for a long while. Although there is a fear of a backlash from the Man Utd game, which could be very bad.

I've voted for Barry.

I remember his pen against Bolton in the Fa Cup semi. For a young kid under that amount of pressure it was class.

He is also the most likely to be on the pitch out of him and my 2nd choice which would be Tommy Hitz.

I think either of them would have no problem knocking the ball and the goalie if need be into the back of the net.

Â