So Who Do You Back From 12 Yards  

65 members have voted

1. 1. So Who Do You Back From 12 Yards

• Juan Pablo Angel
    • Gareth Barry
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Nolberto Solano
    • Thomas Hitzlsperger

No doubt in my mind, Solano is the only one "cool" enough. Tons of experience and the calmness needed. Angel is like a scared schoolboy, at least now. Putting him up is like letting Whittingham take one..... god.... this season must end... with us still in the Prem.. please, all I ask for. And us beating Brum away, even though it is very unlikely

Cantona had 17 out 19 I think....... Shearer has tons, so has Hasselbaink and Van Nistelrooy.

Letting Angel take 'em is like giving OWEN a new chance every time...... he did miss 9 out 17 or something didn't he?

Don't let this ridiculos Angel-protection happen, he is costing us dearly this season

I am one of those who believe strikers should take the penalties.

And i think i can say for certain Mr.Angel will be kicking penalties into the late hours every day the next months...

He is moore mad then us, and lets not forget dissapointed, embarassed and bloody upset. Let him take the penalties.

We are Villa fans, and we stick by our Villa players. After the match on saturday, you will think nothing of it. He scored a goal. Ended his goal drought , and played well with Luke... :wink:

Angel without any doubt! Give the lad support and dont backstabb him when he´s having a tough time.

DOL doesnt help him when he puts Cole beside him. Cole is so far lacking everything making him a promising striker...he hasnt scored for a long time and that we have two with the same problem in attack dont benefit anyone...certainly not Angel!

roy aitken said -

"I can't believe he took the second penalty. There were two or three players looking to take it and he should have stepped aside. One thing's for sure - he won't take another penalty again this season."

Roy Aitken also said that DOL was a bit annoyed with JPA and that's why he didn't want to do the press conf but, yes, that DOL has told JPA he wont be taking any more pens this season.

Oh well, that's that sorted then. Understandable in some ways I guess but in other ways, not exactly the way to build confidence either but I guess the good of the team as a whole has to be put before the good of the player's confidence - Hope JPA responds in the right way now.

To think, he hadn't missed a pen before he came to Villa either (so I understand)

Â