Broadband + TV packages

regular_john

Try Utility Warehouse.

Gas, Electric, Phone, Ultd BB and Mrs E's mobile phone contract all for under £175 a month. (We live in a 4 bed house)

We get our TV from Virgin so have their XL TiVO package for £33 a month on top.

The UW broadband craps all over Virgins as well FWIW.

We live in a 4 bed house and if we compared the same utilities then we pay £120.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Utility Warehouse.

Gas, Electric, Phone, Ultd BB and Mrs E's mobile phone contract all for under £175 a month. (We live in a 4 bed house)

We get our TV from Virgin so have their XL TiVO package for £33 a month on top.

The UW broadband craps all over Virgins as well FWIW.

We live in a 4 bed house and if we compared the same utilities then we pay £120.

Obviously it depends on use..... Mrs E is at home all day and has the metabolism of a desert lizard so the house is constantly at an ambient 30 degrees.... try them they might surprise you. 

What would be better as a package (TV,calls, internet) between Sky and BT?

I play a few games through steam so didn't know whether it was worth forking out for fibre either. Love the football but really debating whether it's worth paying £22 for it! I'll be on a bit of budget so that would be considered a luxury more than anything.

So I've just compared Sky and BT TV/Phone/Broadband packages.

Both come to £43 for what I want. With Sky I get the basic entertainment package, unlimited normal internet and weekend calls.

With BT I get the basic television package (which is just freeview I think), fibre optic unlimited internet and weekend calls.

Stumped. With Sky I get a few little extras and I think the TV is better hands down. But with BT I get fibre optic and BT sport. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by Warnock

Personally I found sky internet to be the worst. I switched from then to virgin purely because of this reason. I've now moved house and got the basis BT internet. So far so good with it, unfortunately its not the optic as that's not available in my area just yet. My in laws have got the you view box through BT and it is basically a free view box that records and has an on demand service.

I had BT infinity for 18 months then switched to Sky Standard BB and in normal use there was no difference. Even streaming football is perfectly fine on standard BB.

The big plus with sky is their TV guide, UI and Sky+. These are all first class.

Check out www.quidco.com/sky for cashback when buying online. Its free money.

I had BT infinity for 18 months then switched to Sky Standard BB and in normal use there was no difference. Even streaming football is perfectly fine on standard BB.

The big plus with sky is their TV guide, UI and Sky+. These are all first class.

Check out www.quidco.com/sky for cashback when buying online. Its free money.

That is exactly why I don't want to go elsewhere (apart from the internet). But I'm hearing mixed reviews about that so I may just bite the bullet and go for it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting free unlimited broadband with sky at the moment - for 12 months.

All's I did was call them up and asked to cancel.

They offered me something pants - I refused

They offered me something else, slightly less pants - I refused

Then they said "listen, we want you to remain with Sky, so how about we give you free broadband for 12 months?"

So I said OKAY :D

Â