Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Instead I get lynx africa, in both deodorant and aftershave, AWESOME JUST WHAT I WANTED. Obviously all anyone wants for Christmas is to smell like a 14 year old virgin.

:(:( Or a 23 year old born-again virgin

Maybe this is where I've been going wrong

Gift sets in general. Didn't get any this year though, partly because I did a big drunken rant about the laziness of peoples purchases which involved a few examples including gift sets and books/dvds with the 3 for 2 sticker still stuck on them. **** lazy consumerist scum given me the results of their late night excursions with little thought towards the intended recipient of whatever trash they happen to stumble upon. If I have a family, it's going to be a £20 limit for everyone, to encourage people to put some **** thought into it instead of being pressured into buying any bullshit in order to comform to whatever bullshit social conventions that've emerged in the recent decades.

Instead I get lynx africa, in both deodorant and aftershave, AWESOME JUST WHAT I WANTED. Obviously all anyone wants for Christmas is to smell like a 14 year old virgin.

:(:( Or a 23 year old born-again virgin

Maybe this is where I've been going wrong

:lol: Probably.

Ditch the lynx, get yourself a fragrance free antiperspirant and then some proper cologne. Something like Burberry London which is my go to fragrance this time of year.

I got the long-sleeved away shirt with Agbonlahor 11 on the back. Contender for one of my fav shirts of all time. Plus my dad got me a Holte end sign which is **** badass.

I'd also rather smell of BO than lynx, unfortunate considering I now have about 10 cans of the stuff.

Milfner, I second Christmas.

Lets start with my inability to express enthusiasm. This doesn't just apply to Christmas, when I went to my first Villa game, my brother asked me "So what did you think?" "It was good..." or when I met Tammy Sytch who I've had a huge crush on since I was 5-6, my sister asked me what I thought of meeting her "Pretty good..." even though that was the best day of my life.

But its certainly highlighted at Christmas when I'm opening something and everyone is looking at me with that little glint in their eyes and my reply is "Oh, thank you" in a pretty deadpan way, even if on the inside I'm thinking "Brilliant! :D", I just can't help it!

Then we move onto the Christmas dinner, I hate roast. Also my dad will always buy a huge Turkey, even though it's just for the two of us as my mum and sister are Vegetarians and I don't eat much anyway so for weeks after he'll try to slip Turkey in with every meal. Cold leftover Turkey.

Then my dad has a nice little tradition of giving us all an after dinner present so my inability to show enthusiasm comes back into play, and I think my dad takes it a little personally where as everyone else has gotten used to how I am.

And thats pretty much it as far as Christmas day goes, back to our normal rountine. The space under the tree is kind of depressing to look at.

This year one of my aunties invited us over to hers for Christmas as my mum has to work today and tomorrow. I was sent a very vague invitation on Facebook, why not just call us? you know our phone number, you call it when you have a problem my dad can help with.

So I'm expected to go and spend the day with a load of relatives who really don't give a crap about me (with the exception of a few who do) and some who I hate and I'm expected to try to pretend I am part of their big happy wonderful family. Even though they all have absolutely nothing to do with me for the rest of the year and some will even make up things to avoid having anything to do with me, they just can't understand why I feel I don't fit in.

Then there is the tediousness of being at these gatherings, there are only a couple of people I actually like to spend time with but they don't really have any time for me and so they just go off together or go off somewhere, so I end up sitting by myself watching the clock

Until I am spotted by one of my aunties who will always say "Why aren't you drinking something?" "I don't drink" "Well have some lemonade!" "No thanks, I'm fine for now" "Well you must drink something we have lemonade, coke, water?" "No thank you I'm really fine" "How about tea?" "No I'm fine" then they'll walk off and return with a pint of lemonade, and I am the type of person who just has to look at a fizzy drink and I'll be pissing non stop for a day or two. Or when it comes to food "Do you want something to eat?" "No thank you, I'm not hungry" "What have you had today?" "I ate before I left" "Well you must be hungry now, look ... *Grabs my arm and leads me to a table full of stuff that disgusts me* do you like peanuts" "No" "Pickled Onions?" "No and I really don't want anything" "Are you sure? how about crisps, everyone like crisps" "I don't, you should know that by now" "Oh yeah, sorry... you're Vegetarian aren't you?" "No" "Oh... but you don't drink?" "No but that doesn't mean I'm vegetarian" "right... well if you're really not hungry then..."

And then they go around with cameras trying to sneak up on me and take a picture knowing I hate having my picture taken and then *FLASH!* I'm taken my surprise, then days later I get tagged in some photos on Facebook of me looking like a spastic sniffing pepper.

And then there is boxing day...

Milfner, I second Christmas.

Lets start with my inability to express enthusiasm. This doesn't just apply to Christmas, when I went to my first Villa game, my brother asked me "So what did you think?" "It was good..." or when I met Tammy Sytch who I've had a huge crush on since I was 5-6, my sister asked me what I thought of meeting her "Pretty good..." even though that was the best day of my life.

But its certainly highlighted at Christmas when I'm opening something and everyone is looking at me with that little glint in their eyes and my reply is "Oh, thank you" in a pretty deadpan way, even if on the inside I'm thinking "Brilliant! :D", I just can't help it!

Then we move onto the Christmas dinner, I hate roast. Also my dad will always buy a huge Turkey, even though it's just for the two of us as my mum and sister are Vegetarians and I don't eat much anyway so for weeks after he'll try to slip Turkey in with every meal. Cold leftover Turkey.

Then my dad has a nice little tradition of giving us all an after dinner present so my inability to show enthusiasm comes back into play, and I think my dad takes it a little personally where as everyone else has gotten used to how I am.

And thats pretty much it as far as Christmas day goes, back to our normal rountine. The space under the tree is kind of depressing to look at.

This year one of my aunties invited us over to hers for Christmas as my mum has to work today and tomorrow. I was sent a very vague invitation on Facebook, why not just call us? you know our phone number, you call it when you have a problem my dad can help with.

So I'm expected to go and spend the day with a load of relatives who really don't give a crap about me (with the exception of a few who do) and some who I hate and I'm expected to try to pretend I am part of their big happy wonderful family. Even though they all have absolutely nothing to do with me for the rest of the year and some will even make up things to avoid having anything to do with me, they just can't understand why I feel I don't fit in.

Then there is the tediousness of being at these gatherings, there are only a couple of people I actually like to spend time with but they don't really have any time for me and so they just go off together or go off somewhere, so I end up sitting by myself watching the clock

Until I am spotted by one of my aunties who will always say "Why aren't you drinking something?" "I don't drink" "Well have some lemonade!" "No thanks, I'm fine for now" "Well you must drink something we have lemonade, coke, water?" "No thank you I'm really fine" "How about tea?" "No I'm fine" then they'll walk off and return with a pint of lemonade, and I am the type of person who just has to look at a fizzy drink and I'll be pissing non stop for a day or two. Or when it comes to food "Do you want something to eat?" "No thank you, I'm not hungry" "What have you had today?" "I ate before I left" "Well you must be hungry now, look ... *Grabs my arm and leads me to a table full of stuff that disgusts me* do you like peanuts" "No" "Pickled Onions?" "No and I really don't want anything" "Are you sure? how about crisps, everyone like crisps" "I don't, you should know that by now" "Oh yeah, sorry... you're Vegetarian aren't you?" "No" "Oh... but you don't drink?" "No but that doesn't mean I'm vegetarian" "right... well if you're really not hungry then..."

And then they go around with cameras trying to sneak up on me and take a picture knowing I hate having my picture taken and then *FLASH!* I'm taken my surprise, then days later I get tagged in some photos on Facebook of me looking like a spastic sniffing pepper.

And then there is boxing day...

Essay Feedback

Indicative Feedback: where 1 is equivalent to the standard of a first Class answer, 2 an upper second, 3 a lower second, 4 a third, and 5 an equivalent to a fail standard in that category. * Students should note that the final mark awarded is not the sum total of the indicative marks given for each of these criteria *

ARGUMENT

Relevance to question set: 1

Quality of structure: 1.5

Demonstration of theoretical awareness: 1

Empirical accuracy: 1

Logic and coherence: 1.5

Quality of analysis: 1

Demonstration of critical skills: 1

Demonstration of independent thinking: 1

SOURCES AND USAGE

Evidence of reading/research: 1

Effective use of evidence/literature: 1.5

STYLE AND PRESENTATION

Clarity: 1

Grammar and spelling: 1

I'm generally a passive sort of guy, it takes a hell of a lot to get me to genuinely get pissed off infront of people. But something about spoilt kids at christmas and the **** bizzare necessity for family members to bore you to shit with stories of their terribly dull lives just drives me crazy, topped with 'Lets watch Emmerdale' you have a recipe for me to go '**** this'.

I'm comtemptuous towards family at the best of times, Christmas is just another level of bullshit.

I just don't get it all. Yes, we share similar ancestry, but that doesn't make you any less of a word removed, and it certainly doesn't excuse you for being a word removed, so stop being a word removed and get the **** out of my house and leave me with my pringles and The Longest Day on DVD.

Fuckity **** Christmas.

Happens once and a year and you can't even try to enjoy yourself but somehow find your way to come onto a football forum to post a load of bollocks like that which, in the time it took you to write, I could have ate my Christmas dinner and ACTUALLY enjoyed the banter.

Lighten up...

Some people need to cheer up to be honest. I think it's quite sad people are that miserable. Just enjoy things! I've got all the family coming over tommorow, if I'm honest, I'd probably rather just watch the football all day and lie in bed, but it's only one day, see people, play some games and something different. Certainly not something to cry and get annoyed about. Sad really.

Â