Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I could say the same about whiskey, but there'd be plenty of people waiting to gun me down.

Im with you on that Shillzz, all whiskey tastes the same! The same as red wine, i just cant tell the difference.

I was going to say wine aswell, but thought that would be pushing my luck. With Whiskey, I was fairly sure that only a minority of the people on here would take aim at my comment, like the guy in BOF's post for example.

I could say the same about whiskey, but there'd be plenty of people waiting to gun me down.

Im with you on that Shillzz, all whiskey tastes the same! The same as red wine, i just cant tell the difference.

I was going to say wine aswell, but thought that would be pushing my luck. With Whiskey, I was fairly sure that only a minority of the people on here would take aim at my comment, like the guy in BOFs post for example.

Im actually suprised we have been labelled as 'uncouth vagrants' yet and been bollocked by one of the elders! :D

No, to be fair I can see why you would say that about whiskey in the same way I'd say it about coffee and someone else might say it about lager. If you don't LIKE a drink then you won't like ANY of that kind of drink so they will all taste similar i.e. not very nice to you whereas someone who appreciates it can tell between them.

I fully acknowledge that this is why I don't 'get' coffee snobs. Because to me, it's all pretty sinister acrid stuff and it varies very slightly.

As for whiskey. Compare a measure of Paddys with one of 16yr Bushmills and I assure you even you will notice a marked difference in the 2.

I dont mind wine, though I dont particularly like it either. I think you have to run that gauntlet where you force yourself to drink something a few times in order to start appreciating, much like when first drinking Lager. The difference being that you dont get called a "Bender" for not drinking wine.

wine tastes all the same to me. red or white.

I can tell the difference between red & white but thats about it.

How on earth can u possibly tell the difference between the 2? :lol:

EDIT: in a blind taste test, I'd possibly struggle.

If you don't LIKE a drink then you won't like ANY of that kind of drink so they will all taste similar i.e. not very nice to you whereas someone who appreciates it can tell between them.
Hmmm. Not necessarily.

I don't much like strong Belgian lagers and fruit beers, but I can taste the difference between different examples.

Â