Nissan Qashqai

TrentVilla

Whats wrong with a new Freelandy Trent?

No views or opinions on the Qashqai but Land Rovers are lovely.

I assume the cheques in the post Stevo?

For you?

I'll pay you to NOT endorse our vehicles...

;)

So now would be a good time to mention the Rear Dif that fell apart 3 weeks after the warrant expired having done 25k miles.... or the electrical fault that kept telling me the steering lock was on as I did 70 down the motorway and stopped the keys from charging in the ignition?

Its not been remotely reliable but I do like it. :/

That's how my dad feels about his, he likes it but it's not been reliable & the service desk even worse.

Now I will defend the local service desk because he was very good.... and pointed me in the right direction of "Customer Services" who after a couple of bollockings did agree to do the work for free.

However, if you set yourself up as a "luxury" vehichle manufactuer, particularly one with expertise in producing excellent 4x4s, you can't have stuff like the rear diff falling to pieces when all the bloody thing does is cart Mrs and Princess E around the place.

Nope it'll the rear dif - I had exactly the same sound I assume its worse when he corners?

They did mine for free out of warranty after I went apeshite at them on the phone.

Basically its a known fault with them but its one of those thats not enough of a problem to do a recall.

Just incase your interweb use is monitored Stevo.

Dear Mr JLR Bossman

A polite request from a loyal customer,

If you know something is wrong with your vehicles just recall them and fix it for customers. Your reputation suffers far more with people who will buy again if they have to dick about arguing with some berk on the phone in Solihull over faults that you already know about than it will suffer in the eyes of the wider populace most of which will never buy Land Rover anyway.

Its quite simple, you know there's a fault, fix it. Don't rely on customers not making a fuss to limit your exposure to such issues.

Yours Sincerely

Eames.

We've got a new Discovery 4, and it's got two plastic panels that run down the supports either side of the windscreen.  They've both snapped off while driving above 60 mph.  On closer examination they're held on by some small, flimsy looking plastic clips.  It's a fantastic vehicle but that's a really, really poor bit of design.  It was quite disconcerting having a two foot plastic panel flapping around in the wind as we were driving along, not to mention noisy.  To be fair the garage are fixing it for nowt, but I can't see what will prevent it from happening again, apart from maybe gluing it on somehow.

But just to say, the Erdington Land Rover dealership were brilliant, much better than the miseryarses in the IOM.  We test drove a Discovery, and they graciously let us have it for 2 hours one Saturday morning.  When asked if we could have it overnight, they said it was company policy not to.  Then when I went in to drop it off, I saw in the salesman's diary which was wide open on the desk, another customer having the car for two whole days.  The end result, IOM dealer ship nil, Erdington dealership 1.  The IOM dealership now just gets to deal with shit like fixing things under warranty.  Ha.

The Nissan Juke looks a more stylish car .... is that too small for your requirements ?

Only if you are blind and see through touch, then I can imagine it looks more stylish as it has lumps and bumps all over it. :)

Whats wrong with a new Freelandy Trent?

No views or opinions on the Qashqai but Land Rovers are lovely.

I assume the cheques in the post Stevo?

For you?

I'll pay you to NOT endorse our vehicles...

;)

Any chance of a discount? Or better still a free freelander?

The Nissan Juke looks a more stylish car .... is that too small for your requirements ?

Only if you are blind and see through touch, then I can imagine it looks more stylish as it has lumps and bumps all over it. :)

meh it's all in the eye of the beholder  ..and you are clearly Stevie Wonder  :)

have to say for our Tata workers that  I think the Evoque is one of the best looking cars on the road at present

I don't really do 4 x 4's but I might make an exception in it's case

have to say for our Tata workers that  I think the Evoque is one of the best looking cars on the road at present

I don't really do 4 x 4's but I might make an exception in it's case

Can somebody let Tony know that his wife is using his VT log in.  Thanks.

Â