Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Lucky Alex Ferguson didn't apply that rule when he signed Roy Keane then.

I know Im being facetious here, but are you really claiming Koumas will have the same impact at VP as Roy Keane had at ManUre? For every Roy Keane, there's a Gavin McCann

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Im being facetious here, but are you really claiming Koumas will have the same impact at VP as Roy Keane had at ManUre?

Don't be silly, just making the point that because a team was relegated dosen't always tell the whole story.

I think Koumas would be a good signing to add to an already talanted bunch of midfield players & wingers. I'm not saying he should be a certain starter but i do think he would add something a little different to the squad.

Lucky Alex Ferguson didn't apply that rule when he signed Roy Keane then.

I know Im being facetious here, but are you really claiming Koumas will have the same impact at VP as Roy Keane had at ManUre? For every Roy Keane, there's a Gavin McCann

For every Roy Keane, there are thousands of worse players.

He was a fantastic player, just played for two clubs I dislike immensely.

Reo-Coker info

According to BBC Sport Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for Reo-coker, on 5 June 2007. Reo-Coker, who is also the England Under-21 skipper, has also been linked with Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle. It seems that Reo-Coker would favour a move to a club playing Champions League football and is believed to be holding out for an offer from Arsenal or Manchester United.

Reo-Coker info

According to BBC Sport Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for Reo-coker, on 5 June 2007. Reo-Coker, who is also the England Under-21 skipper, has also been linked with Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle. It seems that Reo-Coker would favour a move to a club playing Champions League football and is believed to be holding out for an offer from Arsenal or Manchester United.

Don't worry, BV, he isn't - they aren't interested. His agent has said that he wants to sign for Villa and a deal will be concluded as soon as the fee is agreed.

Now, most of you haven't heard of this next suggestion of mine, but maybe one of my fellow compadres might have a say.

I'd like us to go for Tarik Elyounoussi, one of the biggest (maybe even the biggest) talents in Norwegian football these days. 19 yrs old, creative attacker/attacking midfielder. He's a quick little technician, creative, lots of skill, great workrate. He's a star in the U-21 national team and probably a first team regular (for Norway) very soon.

I'm telling you, this guy is going to be big, a lot bigger than Morten Gamst Pedersen ever will be in England. Lets snap him now before some of the bigger clubs pick him up. I can definately see a club like Man.Utd coming in for him in at some point soon (2 years time).

To follow up on an earlier transfer suggestion of mine, Norwegian Tarik Elyounoussi, a Norwegian web paper now claim that West Ham are favourites for his signature, with Chelsea also seemingly interested. It should also be noted that he rejected trials at both Chelsea and Portsmouth last season.

So maybe we'll get a chance to see if he'll make it in the Premier League afterall. To bad it won't be for Villa. My guess is he will make it bigtime.

EDIT: They've got their story from the Daily Mail it seems. Transfer fee of £3M.

Update on dealings overall.

• [*:85b1eab04a]Arsenal
    Lukasz Fabianski (undisc.)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Aston Villa
    None.
    [*:85b1eab04a]Birmingham City
    Fabrice Muamba (undisc.)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Blackburn Rovers
    None.
    [*:85b1eab04a]Bolton Wanderers
    Blerim Dzemaili (free)
    Gerald Cid (free)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (undisc)
    Jlloyd Samuel (free)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Chelsea
    Claudio Pizarro (free)
    Steve Sidwell (free)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Derby
    None
    [*:85b1eab04a]Everton
    Tim Howard (undisc.)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Fulham
    None.
    [*:85b1eab04a]Liverpool
    Lucas Leiva (undisc.)
    Andriy Voronin (free)
    Krizstian Nemeth
    Andras Simon
    [*:85b1eab04a]Manchester City
    None.
    [*:85b1eab04a]Manchester United
    Owen Hargreaves (undisc.)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Middlesbrough
    Jonathan Woodgate (£7million)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Newcastle United
    Joey Barton (£5.5million)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Portsmouth
    Sulley Muntari (undisc.)
    Sylvain Distin (free)
    Hermann Hreidarsson (free)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Reading
    Kalifa Cisse (undisc.)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Sunderland
    None.
    [*:85b1eab04a]Tottenham Hotspur
    Gareth Bale (£5million)
    [*:85b1eab04a]West Ham
    Scott Parker (£7million)
    [*:85b1eab04a]Wigan Athletic
    Titus Bramble (free)
    Antoine Sibierski (free)

For every Roy Keane, there are thousands of worse players.

He was a fantastic player, just played for two clubs I dislike immensely.

Forest and Celtic? :winkold:

Just seen German defender Per Mertesackers (sp?) name on the list of transfer rumours on the OS??

Anybody shed any light on it for me please?

Somebody please find out if MON is in Germany tonight as they're fielding half of Villa's defence for next season, Lahm and Mertesacker :D

On another note, Zoltan Gera is having a great game for Hungary against Norway tonight, maybe we should buy him? :winkold: