Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Nakamura is another celtic star up here,, but is well known for being on the field just to take free kicks and corners,,, i'd be amazed if this transfer goes through.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How times have changed....this time last year everyone was wondering whether we could keep Bakke?...this year we've launched a £7M raid for Spam & U21's captain and everyone's arguing over whether we should sign Scotland's player of the year!!

How times have changed....this time last year everyone was wondering whether we could keep Bakke?...this year we've launched a £7M raid for Spam & U21's captain and everyone's arguing over whether we should sign Scotland's player of the year!!

:D

Blinkin marvellous aint it.

I think Petrov and Barry are MON's first picks every time

so where will NRC play?

maybe... MON is looking to put barry back in defence (just a thought) and have him as backup for midfield???

Midfield looking like..

New Signing -----NRC---- Petrov--- Young

I'm getting the impression that MON is going to play 5 in the middle next season, or 4-3-3 if you like.

-------Petrov---Reo-Coker--Barry--------

--Nakamura-------------------Young-----

-------------------Carew---------------------

Something like that? Maybe Gabby taking the place of Nakamura?!

Looks good either way.

Starting to think we won't be in the market for a big name striker afterall!

I'm getting the impression that MON is going to play 5 in the middle next season, or 4-3-3 if you like.

-------Petrov---Reo-Coker--Barry--------

--Nakamura-------------------Young-----

-------------------Carew---------------------

Something like that? Maybe Gabby taking the place of Nakamura?!

Looks good either way.

Starting to think we won't be in the market for a big name striker afterall!

ohhhhhh.... i like that!!!!! theres me struggling to think where barry would play lol

I think we have two Scotland's player of the year in the team already

And Naismith (if he's still in MON's plans). He won scotland young player of the year , right?

I read somewhere that Villa are being connected with Phillip Lahm from Bayern Munich.

Alot going on in the press at the moment about Bayern, but I don't put too much into all that is said by the press out here.

I think MON is looking to mount a challenge on all fronts next season, Leaugue, Fa Cup, Carling Cup, etc..and with a view to Europe...i guess if we take that into perspective as well as the possibility of injuries..there must be some way we can keep everyone happy!!!

I guess it will be:

Barry - NRC - Petrov - Young

but I read MON's strategy, it's about creating more competition and having lots of players in backup,

I am certain players like Maloney aren't the ones starting when we are fielding our "best" team.

I don't think we're in for Sneijder so I think this is it when it comes to reinforcements in the central

chain in midfield, but if we were then some players are totally not needed at all....

Not sure if any other clubs are in for him, or whether west ham are trying to generate interest by announcing it.

My concern as well TLR but surely West Ham would not try to start a bidding war with their reputation on the transfer market? :winkold:

Nakamura from Celtic & Boruc? Is this part of a cunning plan for Celtic to get into the Premier League through the back door? :lol: But, if Martin wants him and there is something to this one, then I'm happy to back his judgement on this one and on any other.

I don't think people should read too much into the Bayern Munchen thing, they aren't going downwards at all.

They will build and come back stronger than before, I think their players would love to be part of that.

Signing players like Luca Toni and Franck Ribery isn't exactly a bad move either

Not sure if Ribbery is going to Bayern. It's being flaunted in the press, but so were Sneijder an Van Der Whatever his name is- The guy from Hamburg.

One worthwhile kickout they have is Van Bjui(?)c, the big belgian defender. I think he could cut it in the premiership.

The way i see things panning out are as follows:

------------ *NEW* - Sorenson/Taylor -----------

*NEW* ------ *NEW* ------ Laursen ---- Bouma

Delaney --- Mellberg ------ Cahill ------ *NEW*

A. Young ---- Petrov ------ *NEW* ----- Berger

Gardner --- R. Coker? --- Barry ------ *NEW*

------------------------ Maloney --------------------

------------- Carew ----------- Agbonlahor -------

------------ L. Moore? -------- *NEW* -----------

I believe this is what MON is going to do before the season starts and would give us a very healthy option next season of playing various formations and we will have adequate cover in every position incase/when injuries and suspensions may arrive.

Also allowing us enough depth to push for Europe with some tasty cup runs.

Maybe Sorenson or Taylor may be sold but i think we can be sure of Hughes, Davis, Hendrie, DJx2, & McCann are all set to leave.

We should also consider loaning Moore out instead of selling him as like were going to do with Ridgewell!!

Your thoughts everyone?