Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Sneijder will not be coming to villa park that is for certain! This koumas and knightly transfer saga is bugging me...i really dont think koumas could cut it at the top to be honest, koumas has already tried and failed.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lennon and Thompson anyone?

John Lennon can be good to make players calm down after a game...what? Neil Lennon and Alan Thompson? Stuck in a time warp Nick? Villa should be way beyond players like that..or are you having a laugh about MON/Lennon-Thompson/Celtic link?

Nick, don't be a fool! Even with sarcasm. it ain't funny!

Anyway, I hope NRC will sign this week....

I believe Bellamy or Defoe may follow........

And either Gordon or Boruc.......

Luke Young may also be coming to VP.

For me, the stand out buy would be Darren Bent............why not come to Villa and play most weeks, alternating with Gabby...?

Just a bit of a reality check folks, some of the names mentioned on here are as unlikely to be Villa Targets as Lennon and Thompson..... Some of the names mentioned are laughable, and people are STILL going on about Barton and Parker..... :roll:

Sneijder is not unlikely Nick...not at all...I think that a player like that is just what is coming. I have a feeling we´ll see a transfer revolution at Villa. I can also get disappointed, but there is something in the air at the moment and I can almost feel it...

Lerner is not going to play around and not show ambition and muscles. MON is quiet as a mouse and that I think is the only way to make this things happen. The first signing might be NRC, but he is not the main attraction...he can be the main distraction. :winkold:

Sneijder is not unlikely Nick...not at all...I think that a player like that is just what is coming. I have a feeling we´ll see a transfer revolution at Villa. I can also get disappointed, but there is something in the air at the moment and I can almost feel it...

Lerner is not going to play around and not show ambition and muscles. MON is quiet as a mouse and that I think is the only way to make this things happen. The first signing might be NRC, but he is not the main attraction...he can be the main distraction. :winkold:

I hope you are tight Tric! :D :winkold:

Nicks right, we are not in the position to attract these big name players yet.

**disclaimer**this is not putting Villa down or being negative, its being realistic. It also means that of course i would be buzzin if we signed these players but being realistic is not bad!

Sneijder will go to Spain... if he comes here I would be estatic, but it's as likely as siging Lennon!!

Sneijders proposed move to Valencia has fallen through because the clubs cant agree on fee. That means it is all open now. I´m not saying that he is Villa bound, but what I am saying is that we´re going to sign a player in his status or more. That is my belief and understanding.

**disclaimer**this is not putting Villa down or being negative, its being realistic. It also means that of course i would be buzzin if we signed these players but being realistic is not bad!

But we are in a position to try and attract them.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, we all move on to plan B.

But plan A shouldn't just be scrapped before it's even been tried. That would be negativity, rather than just being realistic.

But we are in a position to try and attract them.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, we all move on to plan B.

But plan A shouldn't just be scrapped before it's even been tried. That would be negativity, rather than just being realistic.

I haven't said we shouldn't try at all, of course we should! But 9 times out of 10 they are not going to come imo.

Where is that reported? Skysports, isn't running it.. Who's the next dream player, I know David Silva, or maybe David Villa??

David Silva and David Villa is beyond us...at least for two years. Maybe we have money for the deals with any of them...I dont know...but they will not go to Villa because we´re not in Europe and they are in their absolute peak.

I haven't said we shouldn't try at all, of course we should! But 9 times out of 10 they are not going to come imo.

Ah, but by your own logic 1 time out of 10 they would. So it isn't unrealistic to expect a player(s) like Sneijder after all. Or at the very least it makes them valid for discussion.

Ah, but by your own logic 1 time out of 10 they would. So it isn't unrealistic to expect a player(s) like Sneijder after all. Or at the very least it makes them valid for discussion.

:P

True i suppose, but we would have to be linked and try and get 10 players of that type, then 1 of them could come.

From what i am aware we have not been linked with 10 players of that caliber :D

Does anyone have a valid list of players we have been linked to (and the sources)?? Rather than the FM type wish lists??

The OS have a joke list, put together by listing any paper or online rumour...

West Brom defender Paul Robinson

Bayern Munich defender Phillipe Lahm

Hamburg midfielder Nigel de Jong

Getafe's Daniel Guiza

Liverpool midfielder Harry Kewell

Heerenveen striker Afonso Alves

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker

Sevilla forward Luis Fabiano.

Portsmouth midfielder Matthew Taylor.

Sporting Lisbon midfielder Carlos Martins

Spurs midfielder Teemu Tainio

QPR winger Lee Cook

Charlton striker Darren Bent

Reading striker Kevin Doyle

Spurs striker Jermain Defoe

Spurs striker Robbie Keane

Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips

PSV Eindhoven striker Arouna Kone

Wigan defender Leighton Baines

Wigan midfidler Paul Scharner

Wolves winger Michael Kightly

Ajax midfielder Wesley Sneijder

Hearts keeper Craig Gordon

Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith

Spartak Moscow winger Vladimir Bystrov.

FC Zurich midfielder Xavier Margairaz.

Celtic keeper Artur Boruc.

Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Woodgate.

West Ham striker Kepa Blanco.

Lyon midfielder Kim Kallstrom.

Sheffield Wednesday defender Frankie Simek

Charlton defender Luke Young

Pacos de Ferreira defender Vitorino Antunes

Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy

West Brom defender Curtis Davies

Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell

Man City defender Sylvain Distin

Toulouse midfielder Achille Emana

Sheffield United defender Phil Jagielka

West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara

Watford striker Marlon King

West Brom midfilder Jason Koumas

West Brom defender Paul McShane

Hull City keeper Boaz Myhill

Preston striker David Nugent

West Ham defender Paul Konchesky

There is no real official list as only MON knows.

we would have to be linked and try and get 10 players of that type, then 1 of them could come.

Why would we? That isn't how statistical odds work. Besides which, the 1 in 10 claim is tosh, every players situation is different. If we take Sneijder as an example, from what we can gather he wants out from Ajax and wants a fresh challenge in a top league. We're in a top league, have great facillities a decent manager and lots of hard cash. Plenty of potential and ambition to boot.

Now unfortunately none of us know him personaly, so who are we to say we aren't the type of club he's looking for? Maybe in Sneijders case the chances are 1 in 5 rather than 1 in 10? How have you come up with that random number?