Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricella, just ignore the fantasy names if they annoy you. It is a 'suggestions' thread too after all.

Tbh it almost makes me turn the computer off...it is not this kind of childish behaviour I want to read about when I come visit this site.

What they suggest is players that doesnt exist...just pure fantasy football.

i would like us to get reo coker hes young english and very energetic in midfield as for all this commenting on his personality none of us know the bloke any interview i have seen with him he looks to be a decent fellow who has taken shit loads of abuse from the west ham fans for nothing so what if he drives a bentley i bloody would aswell if i could afford one i think a lot of it is down to the perception a lot of jealous people have about footballers nowadays.

I know one thing i would have told the west ham fans to stick their club but he stuck around and helped them survive.Either way as long as he does it on the pitch if we sign him i couldnt care less if he is flashy i dont have to hang around with the bloke.

I would not mind kewell either hes quality if he stays fit.As for bellamy i am not really that bothered either way.

I don't think Sneijder future is decided yet.Many Dutch players said in the past they wanted to play in Spain or Italy but came to Premiership.He is still 22 years old and if MON speaks personally who knows :winkold:
Sneijder is in Thailand with Bouma for a week on national team duty, he will be brainwashed claret and blue by the time Freddie has finished with him.

Can't see the attraction of Kewell, we've got Barry, Berger and Maloney (and even Ashley Young) who can play wide left. If we're after a left sided player I'd rather it was Taylor who can play either left midfield or defence.

Can't see the attraction of Kewell, we've got Barry, Berger and Maloney (and even Ashley Young) who can play wide left. If we're after a left sided player I'd rather it was Taylor who can play either left midfield or defence.

And we've got Patrik Berger and Mark Delaney ready and willing to be our token injury nightmares, so there's definitely no room for another.

Agreed, I think Kewell is another "sicknote" - dont like hime at all.

Risso, my problem with that is that we currently don't have a regular left winger who can be relied upon for every game. Putting Barry there takes him out of the centre which we don't want to do. Berger is brilliant, but can only be relied upon for a dozen games at most. Putting Young there means we've no proper right winger, and Maloney is unproven there - and IMO is best 'in the hole' behind the striker. So while we have options, they mostly result in upsetting another area of the first 11. So for me, left wing is still a position that needs to be filled properly. Not that I think Kewell is the answer, I just think someone will need to be put there.

Although I am not too disappointed that we have not signed anyone yet (still a long way to go) it does seem that everyone we get linked with seems to prefer to join another premiership club.

We may have to settle for players who are not our 1st choice signings but could be our 2nd or 3rd choices.

I hope that we are not in for a summer of dissapointment

If he chooses Everton over us I am disappointed that we haven't managed to convince him better but I think we can do much better than him.

Why do you assume that MON wanted him and tried to convince him? People are very quick to become negative - how old is the transfer window?

If , and it is a massive IF, we could get the Harry Kewell of the Leeds team then he would be an awesome player for us.

Yeah I think that 'IF' is a bit too massive TBH :)