Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Just to get my head round this lot then so far then main speculation seems to be... Reo Coker, Matty Taylor, Bellamy, and Craig Gordon then?...With Jagielka another possibility. That would make five decent signings and probably not much change out of £40-50M!!

Not much change out of 40-50million?

Thats assuming they are 10 million quid each which they clearly aren't!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get my head round this lot then so far then main speculation seems to be... Reo Coker, Matty Taylor, Bellamy, and Craig Gordon then?...With Jagielka another possibility. That would make five decent signings and probably not much change out of £40-50M!!

Not much change out of 40-50million?

Thats assuming they are 10 million quid each which they clearly aren't!

Gordon £10M, NRC £8M, Bellamy £8-10M Matty Taylor £5-6M, Jagielka £5M

May well have to fork out more

My Maths that's adds up to about £39M

Not including the inevitable add ons neither

I like him, think he is a good player but, I think a playmaker/flair player should be a priority.

How about both?

I think there is a problem in fitting them into the team, Petrov already occupies one of the centre midfield spots so reasonably we need one other player to fit in beside him and ultimately replace McCann. We need someone who can play the killer pass, someone who will score 10 goals in season.

But the arguement against is, the midfield would be prone to attack, which would give our defence a problem so, yes you could buy both but that would mean having to consider dropping Petrov and will MoN do this, hmmmm im not sure he will

I think MON will play Barry in the middle next season alongside Petrov /a new signing. This new signing is needed for competition i.e. in place of McCann. When MON talks about a squad I don't think he is waffling, he means it. This means dropping Petrov if necessary. NRC would be a very decent signing.

I like him, think he is a good player but, I think a playmaker/flair player should be a priority.

How about both?

I think there is a problem in fitting them into the team, Petrov already occupies one of the centre midfield spots so reasonably we need one other player to fit in beside him and ultimately replace McCann. We need someone who can play the killer pass, someone who will score 10 goals in season.

But the arguement against is, the midfield would be prone to attack, which would give our defence a problem so, yes you could buy both but that would mean having to consider dropping Petrov and will MoN do this, hmmmm im not sure he will

I think MON will play Barry in the middle next season alongside Petrov /a new signing. This new signing is needed for competition i.e. in place of McCann. When MON talks about a squad I don't think he is waffling, he means it. This means dropping Petrov if necessary. NRC would be a very decent signing.

Fair points mate

Gordon will not cost 10M.

If he does I'd rather have Boruc. I'd rather have Boruc anyway.

Arsenal and Man Ure are sniffing around Gordon as well but he is being touted as a £10M keeper... not saying he's worth it but that's what seems to be doing the rounds

for such a huge investment the team just wouldnt look a lot stonger

I have seen NRC many times but never really paid notice to him.

How do you rate him?

All the talk is of Tevez but West Spam started to pick up results when he was recalled to the team and began running their midfield. It was only last summer (or summer before) that Manure and the Arse both offered 10m for him. What I heard was the Spammers told him that if he stayed another season they'd allow him to move so he and his agent told said clubs this only for the spammers to go back on their word, which pissed him off hence the shite performances for alot of the season. No surprise that I feel is a promise of 'help us stay up and you can move' has resulted in some great later season performances and wow, a potentail move at the end of this season.

I see him as potentailly a cockney Ian Taylor with a hint of the Viera about him. His game is similar IMO. He'd fit in superbly. The spammers will struggle like **** without him, moreso than the illegal immigrant upfront.

This guy was captain of Wimbledon at something like 19, such was how much he impressed the manager. Says to me a player with a winning mentality. So he went off the boil at West Spam. It happens in any industry. And when your bosses lie to you your otivation will take a battering.

Please sign him Martin!!!

I totally agree, i remember seeing him when he broke through at Wimboldon and he was just 17 years old and it was clear to see he was gonna be class, soon after he was made captain, the rumours suggest that he's as good as ours already but we'll just have to wait and see, on form he's one of the best in the league so i don't see what we have to lose, much better than Barton imo.

yeah.. as someone else has said, there are a awful lot of teams with money this summer. Already Reo Coker has choices - I think he'll go to either the toons or Spurs

Top classs players will have to pick from ... (outside the top 6)

1) Us of course - new regime, top class training ground, looking good for next season, MON etc etc etc

2) Spurs - looking strong for next year and in europe

3) Toons - some reason players seems to think they can spark the club and win something there. New manger to bring in players

4) WHU - will spend shit loads and I think they will **** push player prices up with some stupid offers

5) Man City - crap team but money to splash out once taken over

6) Everton - again, player like to play for their 'bo hood' team i.e. nugent

7) Prompy seem to get all te 'has-beens', oldies and freebies

This year will see some crazy bidding action... i think MON will sneak under the rador and bring in players before the bidding war starts

On first sight it certainly would not be the most glamorous...i was feeling the same as u...but thinking about it....we would clearly be stronger in depth..on top of that we would just need one "magical" signing and i think we would be fine...maybe

I dont agree with that. I think it will look stronger just that the signings will not be seen as "inspiring" by some

We would have never expected players like that to sign for us

yeah.. as someone else has said, there are a awful lot of teams with money this summer. Already Reo Coker has choices - I think he'll go to either the toons or Spurs

Why? :roll: , why do people think that if any other side shows an interest the player won't come to us?, it was the same with Ashley Young, everyone thought he was "going to spurs" and we all know how that turned out.

Why? :roll: , why do people think that if any other side shows an interest the player won't come to us?, it was the same with Ashley Young, everyone thought he was "going to spurs" and we all know how that turned out,.

My sentiments exactly.

People 'fear' Spurs and Toon on this board, (they won't admit it but they do), it's shown especially with Toon with the thread in the off topic section.

If we're in for Reo-coker, he'll come to us. Not Newcastle or Spurs.

Boruc £6mil, Luke Young £2mil, Sneijder £12mil, Huntelaar £15mil. (Jagielka or Taylor as utility player £5mil)

That's £40 mil spent and would make us look a lot stronger imo.

Why? :roll: , why do people think that if any other side shows an interest the player won't come to us?, it was the same with Ashley Young, everyone thought he was "going to spurs" and we all know how that turned out,.

My sentiments exactly.

People 'fear' Spurs and Toon on this board, (they won't admit it but they do), it's shown especially with Toon with the thread in the off topic section.

If we're in for Reo-coker, he'll come to us. Not Newcastle or Spurs.

Completely agree, it's sickening the way people big those clubs up, i for one feel we shouldn't fear ANYONE in this league let alone clubs outside the top four, Nigel isn't stupid, he'll see where this club is heading and want to be a part of it.

Why? :roll: , why do people think that if any other side shows an interest the player won't come to us?, it was the same with Ashley Young, everyone thought he was "going to spurs" and we all know how that turned out.

IMO!!!!!

1) he seems to be a cockney lad and will want to say in london... so first option is Spurs

2) If not Spurs, then I think the toons will be his second option

3) I've not done my research but, how many players have been lured away from Central London to the midlands?

IMO - he'll go to Spurs