Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever mentioned Maldini in this thread just broke the deluded-o-meter and is quite frankly an idiot.

I mentioned Maldini in this thread (interestingly titled Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions, you may or may not have had the attention span to notice).

Perhaps you would like to point out why it would be so unrealistic for a player who had an apparent desire to play in England, coming to the end of his career, who has won everything there is to win with Milan on multiple occasions, to come and have year in the Premiership to sign off a fantastic career?

Or would you just prefer to throw about lazy insults?

Have not heard or seen anything to back this up, but a work colleague has been to VP to renew his season ticket today and says that all the talk around the ground is that Man Ure have had a bid rejected for Gaby. Neither of us have found anything to back this up, anyone else heard anything?

I actually think Moore is potentially as good as Bent. He just needs a run of games.

He is potentially as good, but as with all potentially's he also may not be. We KNOW Bent is the poodles privates and would add 15 goals to our front line immediately.

Wouldn't be shocked Cheltenham Villa, Sir Alex Ferguson knows a quality youngster with shiteloads of potential when he sees him(beckham, giggs, rooney, ronaldo the list goes on). IMO they can have him for Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand, on the condition that they pay 80% of their wages. Nothing less :lol:

We'd be crazy to let Moore go in a deal to get Bent, what was Bent doing aged 21 exactly?, he was in the bloody championship, Luke has shown that he can score goals against the best this league has to offer and to just get rid of him would be disgraceful, for me Luke is just as good a finisher as Bent and has more individual skills!!, when he was injured people we're praying for his return but it seems a few people can't wait to see the back of him now, against Boro he had one half chance!!, Scored, against Bolton he had an even harder half chance, Scored!!, i believe with his shoulder fully recovered he's gonna come back in pre-season and be on fire, imo he can be better than Defoe, Bent and Bellamy, he proved he can be a class act with what he did to Boro last season.

Completely random, but there is something that really pisses me off about Fergie. He got lucky with Scholes, Giggs, Beckham and Neville. He hijacked Keanes move when he was on the brink of signging for Blackburn; waited for another club to take a risk on Carrick and Ferdinand before paying double the price; like the rest of us probably thought Hargreaves was a pile of shite before the world cup (were they going to buy him for £20million before hand?) and even my Nan could see the talent Ronaldo has when he played for the Portugese Under 21's. And he brought Veron. Nuff said. If you want a Gabi, **** off and find your own.

i dont believe it but the only thing that worries my is ferguson has form with putting in bids a year before he wants players. Let Gaby know theirs interest, giving another year of development and then firm up the bid the next year if it goes well. Gives Gaby a year of watching Man Ure collect trophies and then hands in a transfer request at the end of next season. I know their completely different players but look at the rooney situation and more recently hargreeves, admittadly hargreeves hasnt signed yet but both players virtually ended up begging united to sign them.

I guess if Manure really did bid, it would be gabby that determines if he will stay at the club as we don't need the money and aren't a selling club anymore.Hopefully he doesn't get carried away with one good season and start to think he should be in a top 4 club.

I guess if Manure really did bid, it would be gabby that determines if he will stay at the club as we don't need the money and aren't a selling club anymore.Hopefully he doesn't get carried away with one good season and start to think he should be in a top 4 club.

from next season on he WILL BE in a top 4 club :P

We'd be crazy to let Moore go in a deal to get Bent, what was Bent doing aged 21 exactly?, he was in the bloody championship, Luke has shown that he can score goals against the best this league has to offer and to just get rid of him would be disgraceful, for me Luke is just as good a finisher as Bent and has more individual skills!!, when he was injured people we're praying for his return but it seems a few people can't wait to see the back of him now, against Boro he had one half chance!!, Scored, against Bolton he had an even harder half chance, Scored!!, i believe with his shoulder full recovered he's gonna come back in pre-season and be on fire, imo he can be better than Defoe, Bent and Bellamy, he proved he can be a class act with what he did to Boro last season.

I never thought this would happen, ever, but I agree.

I would be confident of Moore getting at least 15 goals next season if played regularly so why spend money on Bent if it means letting him go. Having both of them is an altogether different proposition though.

from next season on he WILL BE in a top 4 club :P

Amen to that ,brother.

Im struggling to understand this why does everyone seem to think Moore is the dogs bollocks??????

Because i just cant see it, definately can be improved upon and should be improved upon, imho

Because he's scored 9 goals in his last 25 games (16 starts, 9 sub) and he has the potential to be a major player, if you can't see that then that's not our problem.