Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

accourding to sky sports "your view" both barton and yakubu will sign by the end of next week barton for 5 million and yakubu for 9 million

I'd much rather put 9 million towards Bell-end or Bent than the Yak.

:shock:

Have we even been linked in the slightest to Sneijder or is it just talk on here?

We've been linked to him in a few papers which is more than I can say about most the players mentioned on here.

Plus i'm sure we can outbid Valencia but it sounds like thats where he wants to go.

Have we even been linked in the slightest to Sneijder or is it just talk on here?

We've been linked to him in a few papers which is more than I can say about most the players mentioned on here.

Plus i'm sure we can outbid Valencia but it sounds like thats where he wants to go.

We have been linked in the Birmingham Mail and Bill read the link off here, after someone just mentioned it. He doesn't have Doug feeding him rumours anymore so has to nick them from elsewhere ;)

So there is not actually a solid link to us whats so ever!

Yakubu is total class. He may be going through a rough patch at the moment, but until the last day of the season (and thats having not scored since Feb), only McCarthy had scored more league goals than him from a team outside the top 4. He has scored goals for Portsmouth and Middlesbrough, both of whom were rubbish when he was there. He would be a brilliant signing.

If we get Yakubu, I would be slightly dissapointed. Yes, he is a good forward. But I just think we should be aiming higher. Keane, Nugent, Defoe, or Bent would all be better options in my opinion. I see no reason why we could not get them. Does anybody else? We're one of the biggest clubs in the league, and now we have a great manager and loads of money to back us. Surely players can see that!

As far as Barton goes, I think he could be a good buy. He may be a bit of a risk, but I think O'Neill could control him and get the best out of him. When he is at his best, I'd say he's one of the better centre-midfielders in the league. Pasing ability (which is needed), tireless runner, gets stuck in, and commands the centre of the park basically. I think that if he can put his bad attitude and bad past behind him and focus on his football, then he could be the bargain of the year at 5 million. Anything under 10 for him would in all honesty appear to be a bargain if we can get the best out of him. The question is, is he worth the risk? If O'Neill thinks he is, then so do I.

Sneijder on the other hand is a player that if we have any possibility of signing at all, then it must be done. He's a quality player, and is the level we should be aiming for at this present time. I also still feel that Malouda should be looked at.

I can't cope with this. It was on page 297 just three days ago.

haha! 40 odd pages later and we still haven't got any closer to signing everyone. We are eager beavers but who can blame us! As i said in another thread the anticipation is killing me! i need a solid link to a player like a druggie needs a fix!!!