Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot judge somebody via a youtube video.

There's a video on there that makes Cygan look world class.

Not to mention one that makes Gary Cahill look like Ronaldinho! :D

Agree in all seriousness. Great highlight clips don't say anything to me. Baros and Angel have great highlight clips, and we are looking for a marked improvement.

Afonso Alves!

34 goals for Heereneveen this season.

Take a look:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1pmsRBSsn4

Meant to be going to Barca. And the fact he's 26 and only now becoming known is a bit..... odd.

Luka Toni never started being "known" until about 2 years ago, and Drogba wasn't a big name for a while, sometimes that happens, at the end of the day the man is class and i'd love to see Afonso at villa, he's got those brazilian skills along with fantastic finishing ability, it's not just the dutch league he scored in he also done it in europe too.

Are you dissing Luc Nilis?

Sorry dude, the guy was class, but.... well it didn't turn out great as a signing did it?

You realise an injury ended his career after playing 3 times for us don't you?

Afonso Alves!

34 goals for Heereneveen this season.

Take a look:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1pmsRBSsn4

Meant to be going to Barca. And the fact he's 26 and only now becoming known is a bit..... odd.

Luka Toni never started being "known" until about 2 years ago, and Drogba wasn't a big name for a while, sometimes that happens, at the end of the day the man is class and i'd love to see Afonso at villa, he's got those brazilian skills along with fantastic finishing ability, it's not just the dutch league he scored in he also done it in europe too.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted if we signed him if just for the fact that a Brazilian player is always exciting.

Sorry dude, the guy was class, but.... well it didn't turn out great as a signing did it?

Yes and that injury prevented him from being a great signing.

Yes and that injury prevented him from being a great signing.

We could sign Kaka tomorrow and the same thing could happen to him. The original quote was comparing Berbatov to Luc Nilis. I think a comparision with someone like Balaban would have been fairer.

Eh? course I do, he could have been a great signing, and was expected to be after THAT wonder goal, but it wasn't a great signing, just as when the barcodes signed one of the world's best finishers in Owen, it wasn't a great signing cos he spent most of his time keeping the x-ray machine ticking over.

Patrick Kluivert is on a free fancy picking him up, we could get fowler and him for nothing, wages could be a little costly though :-)

Kluiverts last three clubs have all allowed him to leave for sod all. He's shite

Perhaps we should try to engineer some sort of deal for Huntelaar involving the ensurance that Lee Hendrie goes to Ajax in return... :)

Link

I saw that earlier & thought the same :!: Mabye they want him to replace the villa-bound Wesley Sneijder? :) We can always dream.

Just found another article on Vitorio Antunes. Looks like there's something in this, he sounds a good lad the way he speaks about us & could be very good cover & potentially 1st choice left back.

And finally somebody on the os claims Viduka has signed his post is

according to himself! my cousin she is a cleaner of the houses of 6 boro stars and he is one and he has said he is moving to the midlands as he has found a new club he did not say who but im only guessing it is us?

Follwed by somebody else saying

ive heard this news on the radio says his on his way to a midlands club apparently which is most likely blues because they r after hasselbank and viduka

Would take him as cover, probably bolloc*s again though.

Afonso Alves

I am yaking into account that...

1) its a youtube clip and so its aint gonna show his wrong bits

2) the league is weaker than the prem

but looking at him he does look to have excellent goal instinct. I think we need someone to play off Carew next season and that forward needs to have the pace of Gabby, the goal instinct of robbie fowler (back in his best days) whilst having composure in front of goal.

Would I have this guys over Bellamy - yes

Would I have this guys over Defoe - hmmmm, difficult one

I do think we need to think outside the box - i.e. we dont neccessary need to buy someone within the prem.

Spurs went out and brought Dimitar Berbatov who has turned them into contenders for a top 4/5 finish next season. Villa need to do the same.

Like the look of him

Reminds me a lot of the style of Darren Bent

The fact that he's in a lesser league and not with the big boys of that league suggests to me that he is very gettable and would welcome a move to England.

Forget Bellamy, Smith and Nugent, it's gotta be this lad or Darren Bent for me.

Would love him but £10m wouldn't get him. They want about e20m which is what £14m?

Exactly the type of striker we need, someone who could play off Carew and is regular goal scorer inside the box. Bent is not that type of striker and as I reiterate, I cannot see how Carew and Bent would compliment each other. Whoever spotted him on here, send your CV to VP!

Is it me or should we be looking at getting better strikers than other peoples cast offs!

Smith and the no necked thug would have been good signings under the old regime, however with the backing we now enjoy combined with the popularity of the league in general surely it would be better to go for one of Europe’s leading marksmen such as Huntelaar or Alves.

Who knows, they may turn out to be next years Berbatov!

He might also turn out to be the next Luque. Say what you want about bellamy and/or smith, at least you know what you are getting, and that includes 100% effort on the pitch, particularly in Bellamy's case.

To be honest id go for the gamble!

You do not get to be Europes golden boot winner (As I believe Alves is!) without being a good goal scorer....what ever the league you are plying your trade. Remember a few years back when the same questions were asked of Henrik Larsen!