Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Benni McCarthy...I really hope we dont try and buy him. I've never seen a player being so dishonest and disrespectful towards the club that be his current employee and after he has had a tremendous season. He has done great for Blackburn and I have been impressed with him a long time in his career...but to go out like he has done now..almost begging Chelsea to come after him...is disgraceful and very disrespecting towards Blackburn Rovers and their fans.

We've been linked with him before...and he is a good player...but I must say that I dont want his type at our club if he doesnt play with the heart for Villa. It is obvious that Benni has played for himself...very successfully...but still...for himself and his own career. Now he tries to crown it with a reunion with Mourinho...in a way that make me feel sick and sad for Blackburn.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...about Benni McCarthy...

McCarthy actually said:

"If a club like Chelsea comes looking for you, you must seriously consider the opportunity.

"A chance to go to Chelsea - or any other Champions League team in England or Spain - would be hard to turn down."

Wouldn't most players from most teams say words to that effect if asked the question "would you like to play for a club in the Champions League?"

In fact, I'd imagine the question was along the lines of "would you like to work with Jose Mourinho again?"

i wouldn't mind Robbie Fowler on a free!

he always seemed pretty un-motivated away from liverpool, but i bet Martin could get him playing. He's only 32! should have good couple of years in him, and there is no denying the bloke can finish. O'Neil did sign collymore at a similar age for a free too!

i wouldn't mind Robbie Fowler on a free!

he always seemed pretty un-motivated away from liverpool, but i bet Martin could get him playing. He's only 32! should have good couple of years in him, and there is no denying the bloke can finish. O'Neil did sign collymore at a similar age for a free too!

I wouldnt say no to some oldies...like Fowler and Viduka. They would give us a lethal attack together with Carew. I love Agbonlahor, Young and Moore...but the three of them would be a huge threat. Carew as a target player...Fowler as a penalty area scorer...and Viduka as a heading giant... :lol:

Love Robbie Fowler, pure class.

Injuries taken their toll but would be a great player for the kids to learn from and could come in when injuries and suspensions hit us. Having said all that, if we bring in a striker I expect it to be Bent, Bellamy or Defoe.

A good right back that Mon might wanna consider is the boy Bernard Mendy at PSG, he's got premiership experiance with the good spell he had at Bolton a few years ago and he's gone from strength to strength back in france, he's an international now also, the good thing is he's only 25 and likes to attack as well as being a decent defender!!, he's a younger Lauren imo.

People want FOWLER?!

:crylaugh:

Oh lord.

This isnt stupid as Villa are going through a transition period and I can assure you that Fowler wouldnt be a joke at Villa.

Huntelaar?Yes I would love it...but he is destine for a club involved in Europe!

We need to understand that Villa was placed 11th, we are NOT in Europe yet...but the club has huge potential. It will take us 2 years to be challenging for the top dogs in the football world and in order to do that we need to be in Europe!

Therefore I can see Fowler and Viduka as very good strikers to help the club aim for that spot...we wont get GIANTS as some people seem to think.Dream on boys!

Just because we might no be able to compete for the dogs of Europe doesn't mean we have to snoop for has beens on free transfers.

We have a huge cash backing now, We don't need somebody like Fowler. He's so far past it it's untrue.

I also watched Mcshane last night in the playoff game and he also looks good and has been mentioned one or two times on here already.. along with distin on a free these 2 i think would do as per our RB situation!

Thoughts...?

Distin is left-sided mate.

A good right back that Mon might wanna consider is the boy Bernard Mendy at PSG, he's got premiership experiance with the good spell he had at Bolton a few years ago and he's gone from strength to strength back in france, he's an international now also, the good thing is he's only 25 and likes to attack as well as being a decent defender!!, he's a younger Lauren imo.

Very good shout, I'd forgotten about him, he was great at Bolton