Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like jagielka at villa. Can do a job at right back

So can Aaron Hughes - doesn't mean he's good enough.

Gotta disagree on this. jagielka could do a job at right back - yes. Luke Young could do a job at right back - yes - my nan could do a job at right back - yes

Aaron hughes - errr - no !!!!

Yet another bloody goal down to him today - thank christ thats the last we will see of him !!.

Bent or Defoe , Barton or another , Young or another , Boruc prob (keep sorenson get rid of taylor) and a few odds and sods and we will be around where we wanna be next season.

(and as west ham above - West Ham can attract players with upwards of 60000 reasons per week - and lets face it - that's all that matters to 95% of footballers !)

Get pederson

First of all it's Pedersen, actually Gamst Pedersen. Show some respect for people's names now should we? Also, our keeper is named Sørensen... Sorensen in English, not Sorenson!

I think he is much like Barry. They both have equal amounts of strengths and weaknesses. MGP has a great foot we all know that, but he is terrible in defense. Barry is more complete, without any real strengths. Solid players, but very much alike. None of them could skin a player, both could score 5 open play goals a season, so why invest in something we already got. Sure he would give us some great goals from set-pieces but it would not do any good with Gareth.

i'd like jagielka at villa. Can do a job at right back

So can Aaron Hughes - doesn't mean he's good enough.

Gotta disagree on this. jagielka could do a job at right back - yes. Luke Young could do a job at right back - yes - my nan could do a job at right back - yes

Aaron hughes - errr - no !!!!

Yet another bloody goal down to him today - thank christ thats the last we will see of him !!.

Bent or Defoe , Barton or another , Young or another , Boruc prob (keep sorenson get rid of taylor) and a few odds and sods and we will be around where we wanna be next season.

Jagielka is a good player he's played every game for the Blades this year I think and he's strong and talented......I've been saying all season he'd be a good additon to our squad.

Get pederson

First of all it's Pedersen, actually Gamst Pedersen. Show some respect for people's names now should we? Also, our keeper is named Sørensen... Sorensen in English, not Sorenson!

I think he is much like Barry. They both have equal amounts of strengths and weaknesses. MGP has a great foot we all know that, but he is terrible in defense. Barry is more complete, without any real strengths. Solid players, but very much alike. None of them could skin a player, both could score 5 open play goals a season, so why invest in something we already got. Sure he would give us some great goals from set-pieces but it would not do any good with Gareth.

Even though Barry is playing center mid, and has been since McCann was dropped?

Get pederson

Exactly..Pederson would be competing for Bouma's place not Barry's, who has now cemented himself firmly as captain and in CM!!

Get pederson

Exactly..Pederson would be competing for Bouma's place not Barry's, who has now cemented himself firmly as captain and in CM!!

Um...what? MGP is a left midfielder not a left back.

Get pederson

not quite, as Bouma is left back, and Gamst Pedersen is left mid.

and he isn't to good either.

next!

Apologies Pederson is Left Midfield. But then Young has been playing in that position for us and he can play on either wing I think he'd be a good addition anyhow as would Jagielka. I watched Pederson the other night V Spurs and he was at the heart of their attacking moves as well as doing a hell of a job in defence.

You could have covered up by saying you meant Berger not Bouma :winkold:

Has been whenever I've seen him. Universaly voted Blackburns player of the year last year (by the nuterals at least), must admit I haven't seen a lot of Blackburn this season.

Jagielka would be a good signing imo.

I'd like to see us sign Defoe, Young/Jagielka, Barton, Reo-Cocker, Carson and a few surprises.

I think any more than 5 additions and they would be surprises!

I personally believe we'll see about 4 or 5 new faces, but I would genuinely be surprised if much more than that come in.

You could have covered up by saying you meant Berger not Bouma :winkold:

Has been whenever I've seen him. Universaly voted Blackburns player of the year last year (by the nuterals at least), must admit I haven't seen a lot of Blackburn this season.

Nop I'm a woman so I'll own up to my mistakes although to be fair Pederson does a fair bit of tracking back, which is why I thought he was Boumaesque and besides the football we've bin playing lately has been great cos they keep swapping sides and interchanging has been great to watch hasn't mattered too much what official position they've bin given!

How about Heitinga from Ajax for the right back position? These are the leagues we need to be going to, as the Premier League is the place to be. I think Mr Fitzgerald will be a great negotiator and an attraction, We will get quality players its about selling the club, those who got a scarf read what it says. Aston Villa can compete and will compete, We just need to do our business quietly like we have been doing.

those who got a scarf read what it says. Aston Villa can compete and will compete, We just need to do our business quietly like we have been doing.

My scarf doesn't say that :winkold:

Jagielka would be a good signing imo.

I'd like to see us sign Defoe, Young/Jagielka, Barton, Reo-Cocker, Carson and a few surprises.

Whoever signs Barton wants locking up! He is a complete pain in the arse and not Steven Gerrard who he clearly thinks he is.

I think we need:

GK

RB

CB/LB

RM

CM

ST

So 6.

Totally agree with the RM also having the ability to play LM. A James Milner type.

The additions of Boruc, Young, Distin, Milner, Emana and Defoe would see us challenging for Europe next season without a doubt.