Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bellamy goes missing too often, and he's a clubhouse liability. We need a prolific scorer, like Bent, someone who will just drill the goals in day in, day out, with nary a peep out of him. Keep in mind, he's dominated games playing for a crap club all these years. Darren Bent is who I want upfront. Barton and Ricardo Quaresma for CM and RW respectively.

Scott Parker is the absolute epitome of the average Premiership footballer, and not the kind of player we should be signing.

And who on earth thinks Liverpool are going to want to sell Finnan, who has been one of their most consistent players this season? And more's the point, why would Finnan want to leave a CL semi final (at least) club for a mid table one?

well as liverpool have been tracking daniel alves for quite some time and are also rumoured to be after another right back, i cant see finnan being the number 1 choice.

scott parker, would that be the same one that when fit, gets picked for the england squad?

Reo Coker is as bad a passer and as good a tackler as McCann. An athletic McCann if you like. Nowhere near the ability we need

I agree. I do not see how he will enhance the tram. We are all talking about a holding midfielder but has Petrov been playing well in this position since McCann has been out of the side?????

scott parker, would that be the same one that when fit, gets picked for the england squad?

Err. Like Phil Neville and Downing.... getting picked for England is no guarantee is it. Even McCann won an England cap :)

we cant sign Bellamy.. how would we be any chance of the fair play league ?

If signing players like him mean we qualify for the European competitions out right , who cares about the fair play league???

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

I'm not saying you won't be right, but you did say the same thing about Micah Richards for the January transfer window!

Got a linked quote?

here snd here - "The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January. "

Thanks for that, and Oldfart, fabtastic that you obviously keep such a record of the things I posted.

By the way the first link says he is gettable , which I believe he was at the time

As for the "the more I think about it " quote, then yes he hasn't come. But then there were lots of people who, at the time wanted Richards to come. Some who have even posted other potential signings in this thread. Have either of you pointed out that they were wrong about Richards at the time as well, or is it just me you wanted to single out for treatment?

As for being wrong about him signing, aw schucks you win some you lose some. Big deal an all. Didn't actually realise it was such a big offence to express an opinion so that you couldn't make one in the future.

I mean I am not the only one who has said they expected players to sign only to be proven wrong after the event now am I John?

I firmly believe that Nigel Reo Cocker will be a Villa player before the new season

I'm not saying you won't be right, but you did say the same thing about Micah Richards for the January transfer window!

Got a linked quote?

here snd here - "The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Richards from Citeh will be joining in January. "

Thanks for that, and Oldfart, fabtastic that you obviously keep such a record of the things I posted.

By the way the first link says he is gettable , which I believe he was at the time

As for the "the more I think about it " quote, then yes he hasn't come. But then there were lots of people who, at the time wanted Richards to come. Some who have even posted other potential signings in this thread. Have either of you pointed out that they were wrong about Richards at the time as well, or is it just me you wanted to single out for treatment?

As for being wrong about him signing, aw schucks you win some you lose some. Big deal an all. Didn't actually realise it was such a big offence to express an opinion so that you couldn't make one in the future.

I mean I am not the only one who has said they expected players to sign only to be proven wrong after the event now am I John?

You mean like when Baros went to Schelke? :D

he still managed to score the goal that beat Manure though!!. and lead the midifield battle that beat Arsenal twice, but oh no "he's shit"

If you use this logic, then he's the player that led the midfield battle for West Ham in games against Charlton, Sheff Utd, Fulham and all the other shite down there and lost to them. Do we need a player who can't even lead his team to victory over the relegation battlers...?

Lol no facts about Nigel just pure speculation and rumours!!,

No smoke without fire....

Nope. But they weren't saying they were firmly believed Reo Coker would be signing - you said that - so I replied to it. I was just making the point that last time the transfer window came people were certain about a few players, and most didn't come. You were certain we'd sign Richards, we ended up with Bardsley on loan. No need to come out guns all blazing. I just think falling into the trap of thinking we'll sign these types of players again may be a bit silly as I'll end up disappointed when it's a 'Bardsley'.

You mean like when Baros went to Schelke?

If that's supposed to be a dig at me, you will actually find that I was the only one on here saying he wouldn't be signing for them.

Lets keep it on the purpose of the thread, eh?

Craig Bellamy

I think our interest is there but I hope we don't sign him in the summer. He is a very good footballer, he has a killer instinct like few others and knows where the goal is. We all know of his bad sides, but should we really blind ourselves and take a chance on him? He is the player who seem to fall out with people wherever he is, why would it be differently at the Villa? He is somewhat a player who dips very much in form over a season, would we be able to change that over here? Sure we could easily argue that MON is the type of manager who gets the best out of people, but players like Petrov and Davis easily springs to mind. He is no miracle worker judging by the first year at the helm. Talking in favour of Bellamy I would mention his relationship with MON and his fantastic season at Blackburn that earned him a move to Liverpool. However, I think buying their left-overs yet again would be a step in the wrong direction. If MON is interested in him it means he wants a rapid striker who can feed off Carew's headers better than Moore/Agbonlahor can, any better suggestions? The only one I can really think of is Jermain Defoe, although I am not sure I want him either!

I think you and I both fancy a little bit of Bent action Roca (not in the CV sense :) )

If you use this logic, then he's the player that led the midfield battle for West Ham in games against Charlton, Sheff Utd, Fulham and all the other shite down there and lost to them. Do we need a player who can't even lead his team to victory over the relegation battlers...?

That's why i said...

If his team mates are not good enough what's he meant to do?

i'd be inclined to question how many times you've actually seen the lad play because against us at Villa park he was one of the best players on the pitch without question,

No smoke without fire....

well we've got a very decent fire man in Martin O'Neill if any flames need outing!!.

Nope. But they weren't saying they were firmly believed Reo Coker would be signing - you said that - so I replied to it. I was just making the point that last time the transfer window came people were certain about a few players, and most didn't come

With all respect that is possibly due to this, I would say that you didn't make the generic comment about people being certain about players signing, but more the specific comment about a point I made. As I have said to you there are more examples of other people who have said that we would sign 'X' only to be proven wrong and yet they still comment on potential sigings without you icking them up, why is that?

That is, you may have replied to my Reo-Coker post but why wait, why not post after someone else posted a target they wanted to sign?

I just think falling into the trap of thinking we'll sign these types of players again may be a bit silly as I'll end up disappointed when it's a 'Bardsley'.

In which case you may as well close this thread and ban all future target/speculation threads as that, as I understand it, was very much the concept of these threads where posters could post these such speculative target suggestions

If that's supposed to be a dig at me, you will actually find that I was the only one on here saying he wouldn't be signing for them.

Lets keep it on the purpose of the thread, eh?

Not at all, why is CyberV always accused of trouble? :lol: , i was merely pointing out that you have indeed got a transfer rumour right when everyone was certain he was gonna sign for Schelke!!.

That's why i said...

Quote:

You can't give him all the credit for wins over Man Utd and Arsenal......then say it's his teammates fault for losses to all the relegation battlers.

I think you and I both fancy a little bit of Bent action Roca (not in the CV sense :) )

I would love Daren Bent to sign for us, but please note I am not saying he will :winkold:

That's why i said...

Quote:

You can't give him all the credit for wins over Man Utd and Arsenal......then say it's his teammates fault for losses to all the relegation battlers.

So he didn't score the winner against Manure? :crylaugh:

Reo coker is woeful - yes he is a clearing in the woods but more importantly he is not a good player, i made a point of watching him closely recently against chelsea and he was shocking

Bellamy - as a comparison i also think Bellamy is a tosser yet i would welcome him with open arms because he is a GOOD footballer.

forget all this "leftovers" crap - he is proven at this level and WOULD take us FORWARD

That's why i said...

Quote:

So he didn't score the winner against Manure? :crylaugh:

Yeah, he must be some player to have scored such an amazing goal from nearly 2 yards out.

How many goals and assists does he have this season for a box-to-box midfielder?