Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After Portsmouth, now Aston Villa seem to be seriously watching Muntari. According to a Ghanaian newspaper, Martin O'Neill, Villains manager, is now trying to convince his board to part with more than the 7 million pounds they have made available to him, which will not be enough to buy the Ghanaian, for whom Pozzo (obv their manager) is looking for 12m".

"After Portsmouth, now Aston Villa seem to be seriously watching Muntari. According to a Ghanaian newspaper, Martin O'Neill, Villains manager, is now trying to convince his board to part with more than the 7 million pounds they have made available to him, which will not be enough to buy the Ghanaian, for whom Pozzo (obv their manager) is looking for 12m".

You've gotta love it :clap: , Martin's no fool, this guy is quality and i really hope we fight tooth and nail to get this guy here, the promising thing is he's very keen to play in the premiership as his best friend Michael Essien has been bigging up the league to him, i think Muntari and Petrov in the middle of the park would be absolute class, that's a top four center pairing imo when they are on form, if it's between us and Pompy then for me we've got no worries.

here's a few vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7hw9pzXIxs

We're also linked with Kim Källström from Lyon according to swedish newspapers today. It says that Tottenham is leading the chase with Jol having watched him several times, but us, Middlesbrough and Sevilla are reported to be interested in him too.

Have said it before that I really don't know if I'd like him in Villa. Think he's a bit too slow for the premiereship, but I've been wrong before. We'll see. But I guess that if Tottenham or Sevilla get a bid accepted he's bound for one of them.

You could also question the fact that Martin O'neill has only £7million available to him! I don't think this paper has done it's research!

To be honest i tend to believe it even more when the story orignates from said players country, for example the Alpay transfer was all over the media in Turkey way before it hit the british press, i'm not concerned about the money quote, it's the quote regarding Mon's interest that matters :D,

You could also question the fact that Martin O'neill has only £7million available to him! I don't think this paper has done it's research!

To be honest i tend to believe it even more when the story orignates from said players country, for example the Alpay transfer was all over the media in Turkey way before it hit the british press, i'm not concerned about the money quote, it's the quote regarding Mon's interest that matters :D,

Furry muff :winkold:

what about Dudek? Out of contract at the end of the season and looking to move. Solid goalkeeper IMO and will be a free transfer too.

1. He is one step under Sørensen

2. He is Polish isn't he, and behind Boruc and Kuzchak in the Polish team

I am sorry to say it, but compared to all the other suggestions in this topic this has to be the worst one.

Please people, we have new owners and totally different ambitions than before. Dudek is the kind of keeper who transfers to Fulham or Sunderland, not Aston Villa.

whats wrong with tommy? we dont need a new keeper! well, maybe a back one anyway, get rid of taylor

we don't need one no, but when you have the chance to sign a keeper who is better than your current one by quite a distance then surely we should go for it?

we don't need to replace taylor at all IMO, hes a pretty good keeper and you must remember its pretty hard for a keeper to just come in now and again and never get a proper run in the team, so all in all hes a good back up to have especially as its usually hard to keep the back up keeper happy with hardly ever playing.

apparently boruc's been seen at bodymoor heath before one of the games so maybe its more than just speculation

Tommy is good shot stopper no doubt, but his decision making, his ability to handle crosses isnt really that good and is prone to quite a big howler, so i think he can definately be improved upon but i think Boruc isnt much of an improvemnet Gordon on the other hand ;)