Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chelsea had got him for 4m we'd have gone mad

Would we? Can't think I'd have been overly bothered.

And anyway we discussing semantics, what about the players? The feedback I want is your comments on the possible blend and whether/how they would improve our fortunes.

Would be fine and very interesting. But I don't think that the majority are realistic targets, and certainly not at the prices that you suggest. But we've covered that.

They're no Adriano in there, no ronaldo or rooney, i think all are realistic I also think People are overrating Van Der Vaart. He'd improve us, and he looks good on football manager but in reality he's no superstar and of the top four he would only get into the liverpool side.

They're no Adriano in there, no ronaldo or rooney, i think all are realistic I also think People are overrating Van Der Vaart. He'd improve us, and he looks good on football manager but in reality he's no superstar and of the top four he would only get into the liverpool side.

Fair enough. I think your list is actualy quite realistic.

i'd love woodgate. The fit woodgate that Boro have had this year anyway. People are making a big deal about Boro being his hometown and I'd say for the likes of you or me that would matter, but I can't help feeling he'd have committed to Boro by now if he was going to at all. O'Neill or Southgate? A newly reborn Giant or a stagnant team of greedy bit parters. Boro are going nowhere and frankly, with woodgate and Viduka possibly leaving, next year they could be in REAL trouble. Woodgate must be tempted by career stability after such a turbulent period.

i'd love woodgate. The fit woodgate that Boro have had this year anyway. People are making a big deal about Boro being his hometown and I'd say for the likes of you or me that would matter, but I can't help feeling he'd have committed to Boro by now if he was going to at all. O'Neill or Southgate? A newly reborn Giant or a stagnant team of greedy bit parters. Boro are going nowhere and frankly, with woodgate and Viduka possibly leaving, next year they could be in REAL trouble. Woodgate must be tempted by career stability after such a turbulent period.

I would have thought if any deal for Woodgate came to fruition the blow could be softened for Boro with Ridgewell moving oop north.

Don't underestimate the Woodgate link. It might be a little more than idle paper talk.

That's all I'm giving you...... :wink:

What are you initiating?????

I'm really not at liberty to divulge. I've probably already overstepped the mark.

Come on, tell us

Other players we should enquire about:

Appiah------------Reo- coker

Muntari-----------Snjeider

Koumas-----------K. Nolan

Sidwell------------D. Nugent

G. Barnes---------S. Carson

R. Keane----------Geremi

G. Heinze---------Saviola

Bellamy-----------Riquelme

Are you playing Football Manager or something? Saviola, Riquelme, Heinze, Snjeider, probably Geremi, wouldn't look twice at a deal to us, c'mon now.

Currently (yes that does say currently, the future will hopefully be different!) we are a step back, players of that calibre don't tend to take steps back just like that. Keane - ffs he is the captain of Spurs and lashing them in at the moment, even if Spurs say they will sell him, he won't leave them.

Appiah and Muntari are surely just wild rumours too. The clubs interested in them before are way above us, we can't actually say we can compete on that level yet!

Don't underestimate the Woodgate link. It might be a little more than idle paper talk.

That's all I'm giving you...... :wink:

What are you initiating?????

I'm really not at liberty to divulge. I've probably already overstepped the mark.

Come on, tell us

Maybe DDID has similar info to me.. but in anycase i wasn't from the papers, and as I said earlier there is a difference from us making a signing to the club making enquiries

Other players we should enquire about:

Appiah------------Reo- coker

Muntari-----------Snjeider

Koumas-----------K. Nolan

Sidwell------------D. Nugent

G. Barnes---------S. Carson

R. Keane----------Geremi

G. Heinze---------Saviola

Bellamy-----------Riquelme

Are you playing Football Manager or something? Saviola, Riquelme, Heinze, Snjeider, probably Geremi, wouldn't look twice at a deal to us, c'mon now.

Currently (yes that does say currently, the future will hopefully be different!) we are a step back, players of that calibre don't tend to take steps back just like that. Keane - ffs he is the captain of Spurs and lashing them in at the moment, even if Spurs say they will sell him, he won't leave them.

Appiah and Muntari are surely just wild rumours too. The clubs interested in them before are way above us, we can't actually say we can compete on that level yet!

I dont think Sneijder is unrealistic. If nothing else the lure of the Premiership is appealing. I keep saying it but remember Bouma's pedigree before he joined us. He left a CL semi finalist to join us. Don't ask, Don't get.