• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not be signing Woodgate in the summer

Too many better clubs will be after him

Define better clubs.

hes been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool more heavily than us for a start

never mind having to prise him away from Real Madrid who will have been keeping tabs on his form

it aint gonna happen

We will not be signing Woodgate in the summer

Too many better clubs will be after him

Define better clubs.

hes been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool more heavily than us for a start

never mind having to prise him away from Real Madrid who will have been keeping tabs on his form

it aint gonna happen

I hope your wrong.

I hope your wrong.

i do too!

although we are now a more attractive club to join and players can see our clear ambition...personally i think people may just end up being dissapointed with our signings by expecting too much?

Woodgate goes alongside Bent and Tevez (cant believe people think we could sign him!) amongst those who will go to higher achievers

Liverpool certainly don't need him, Arsenal have Toure/Gallas, why would he want to go there?

Real Madrid never need the money you know, they will let him go for £5-8M tops!

true Madrid may let him go cheaply, but they havent had a good season at all, and Woodgate has impressed...i think they may try to persuade him to go back.....something which Woodgate has not ruled out

liverpool have Agger and Carragher...Hyppias on his way out therefore i reckon they could do with him

at the end of the day...we know bugger all.....we shall see!

You are never gonna get anything with a losing mentality such as the one you have.

Who are we gonna sign then? Clinton Morrison and Matthew Upson?

If we get that one little gem others will follow, and people get persuaded with the money we can offer these days.

I hope your wrong.

i do too!

although we are now a more attractive club to join and players can see our clear ambition...personally i think people may just end up being dissapointed with our signings by expecting too much?

Woodgate goes alongside Bent and Tevez (cant believe people think we could sign him!) amongst those who will go to higher achievers

Well one things for sure and we certainly have the money to pursue such signings now. I would be surprised if we didn't go in for players of this quality.

You are never gonna get anything with a losing mentality such as the one you have.

Who are we gonna sign then? Clinton Morrison and Matthew Upson

If we get that one little gem others will follow, and people get persuaded with the money we can offer these days.

yeh because i dont think we will sign Woodgate, Tevez or Bent i have a losing mentality :roll:

thats right....im sure Morisson is our Primary target...jesus

its called being realistic.....not once have i said we shouldnt go after these players....ive said that i dont think we have much of a chance...

in my opinion it is more likely we would sign Bellamy over Bent and Distin over Woodgate etc...

But keep dreaming of a Bent and Tevez attack next season if you wish

Tevez - no chance

Bent - possible but their will be competition

Woodgate - hmmmm if he leave real then I think Boro will snap him up

Bellamy - MON has worked with him before, half decent striker and can see liverpool releasing him as they spend some american mula on the likes of david villa etc

I can really see Woodgate coming here. I really can. He'd get an almost certain place in the first line-up in a club on its way up and has a great manager. I think he'll take it if we came in for him and had a bid accepted. Don't think he'll stay in Boro.

i do think if woodgate leaves and doesnt go to a top 4 side then he will quite possibly stay at boro. They've never really been short of money and hes a boro lad. Said he cried when asked to captain them this year. Dont get me wrong, id love him but just think hes more likely to stay at boro

The silly squad is definitely out now! Just face it, we are going to get linked with anyone who is potentially available to a club of our stature. I know this thread is for rumours and things, but it's getting way too deep now. Let's just wait and see what happens from June 1st hey?

The silly squad is definitely out now! Just face it, we are going to get linked with anyone who is potentially available to a club of our stature. I know this thread is for rumours and things, but it's getting way too deep now. Let's just wait and see what happens from June 1st hey?

That would spoil all the fun! There's me about to post that we have been linked with Ronaldinho too :crylaugh:

Hey, don't jeapordise the chances of my prediction about the thread reaching 600-700 pages being correct!

That would spoil all the fun! There's me about to post that we have been linked with Ronaldinho too :crylaugh:

This is just a guess, but I'm sure if you read back through it enough, he is coming along with Villa, Eto'o, Messi, Deco, Quaresma.

Hey, don't jeapordise the chances of my prediction about the thread reaching 600-700 pages being correct!

Sorry, I wouldn't want to spoil your fun :? :roll:

To put this thread in context... we were linked with Bobo Balde just after MON had signed and he said something along the lines of "Aston Villa, I wouldn't sign for a club I've never heard of!"

If we get that from a donkey like him, what would we get from the likes of the aforementiond Uberstar's de la monde???

(How many language's used badly in the last bit of that then?)

I'm hoping that one day we can realistically be linked with the worlds best players, but until then let's realistically be linked with the best of the rest.