Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

we've now been linked with gravesen

probably no truth in it but those celtic fans won't be happy :lol:

Really wanted to sign him in August but hasn't impressed a great deal there and can't even get in the team so I think age has caught up with him.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn´t mind Volz.

My wet dream is Miguel of Valencia, will not in a million years happen though...

Miguel is very good going forward. Not too good as a defender though. Still, he'd be an improvement on what we've got, along with quite a few others who are no doubt fed up with playing in the ECL, as you suggest.

Seitaridis is a very good shout, he's the Greece right back isn't he?, last i heard he was at Porto, he came to prominence at Euro 2004 and is a real class act i must say, i think this summer it's important for Mon to get the basics right, it's clear what we need,

A 20 goal a season man

Decent defensive midfielder

Right back and center back

and probably another creative midfielder/winger

that's five players minimum and if he's got the backing we expect he may have then it shouldn't be a problem.

Seitaridis is at Athletico Madrid i believe, he went there via Dynamo Moscow who he signed for after Porto. He is 25 and a very very good player!

Tell you what though if we make the wholesale changes some on this thread seem to be pointing I will be

A) very surprised

B) waiting for the 'they need time to settle, wait for after Xmas' posts in September!

It doesn't work like that in football, maybe in FM or CM but not in the Premier League.

If we have more than 4 new starters come the first game I'll be amazed and will donate £30 to VT

Don't know if I agree with you on that one, Al. I can see what you mean but still, it can work. Remember Big Rons first season. I think he bought about 12 new players before the start of that season and the first game against Sheffield Wednesday contained about 6 or 7 new players from start and including God out of position to the right. Won 3-2 and all goals were scored by debutants. "All" you need is quality and a good pre-season. Don't know if this is MONs and lerners intention to do like that but I wouldn't count it out neither as a possibility nor its chance to work.

Before BFR's first game of the season he had only signed 3 players! Stan, Handball and Dariusz...

EDIT: bloody season starts and end dates!!!

We'd signed clubfoot, paul mortimer,sealey, ugo and sicknote in the early part of the summer

Yes we had signed a fair few in the closed season but that is the only time I can remember it happening and it was a long time ago in reality.

Before BFR's first game of the season he had only signed 3 players! Stan, Handball and Dariusz...

Read your editing after this reply and now I'm editting again. :P Now we agree more. And yes, that was a pretty long time ago and maybe not that common, but as I said, with right quality and a good pre-season it might work. Still, to get the same quality this time would cost a very big fortune and won't probably happen, so considering that I give you right. It's much harder and more expensive to make that work these days.

I think we need a major shake up at the end of the season.

Players to leave -

McCann - Always gives 100% but we need quality now!

Angel - He needs to move on.

Luke Moore - I don't think MON rates him.

Jlloyd Samuel - I think he is like Angel needs a new start.

Lee Hendrie - ......Done!

I see Martin Laursen has been linked with a move to FC Copenhagen. Don't know if there's anything in it of course (as goes with most rumours I suppose), but I don't think it's all that impossible. In fact, I can see it happen in a swap deal with Copenhagen's Norwegian international centre back Brede Hangeland.

MON quite possibly after a centre back....Laursen's injuries....Laursen wanting home?....MON's friendship with the Norwegian national coach Hareide who will give his recommendations on Hangeland. It all adds up in my head... :winkold:

Supposedly, Hangeland was close to a move to West Ham just before the transfer window shut in January and West Ham decided to go for Upson instead.

At the time Hangeland's agent said that there were several English clubs tracking Hangeland. The player himself has said all along that he wants to play in the Premiership.

There, I just started a rumour. Fun, isn't it? :)

I cant be bothered to check if he's already been listed as a possible target but how abt Flamini? We all want a ball playing DM and I rekon he'd fit the bill (at least he would compared to McCann).

Yep he's someone i've wondered whether Mon will be in for, i was shocked to hear he's still only 23 years old too, he's done well when i've seen him this season and as you mentioned he can pass the ball around nicely like most Arsenal players these days can and he might not cost too much by the looks of it. i wouldn't mind him at Villa at all.