Golf: General Chat

villarule123

Ive started playing again, anyone on here playing ?

If so, what's your handicap ?

Yeah I play. Only get out for a round every couple of weeks so I am stuck around a 24 handicap. Not official though

What about you?

I love the nature as much as the golf, green fields makes you feel good.

I have hcp 9 atm, will drop when i learn how to shoot straight with my driver.

Ever played at the belfry ?

No never. I am looking to go, probably next year. I know a couple of people who have corporate there but I am waiting until I can get sub 20 on the Handicap front.

Is it a nice course to play?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
23 hours ago, KJT123 said:

The Open starts tomorrow, if anyone interested I've written a little piece on how I think it will play out. http://wp.me/p51Lf9-4q

Nice read! Not sure Stenson has what it takes though, even if i do hope he wins, we havent had a decent player in sweden since Parnevik!

after spending the day watching the open i ended up buying a set of taylormade rocketblades max from a friend of mine, going to revive that old hobby tomorrow :D

2 hours ago, KJT123 said:

One of the best final rounds in Open Championship history, what a performance from Stenson. Mickelson will be wondering how on earth he lost that. 

Phil didn't lose it: Stenson won it. :)

It was really remarkable stuff considering that the course and conditions were not easy.

I know that Stenson and Mickelson may have had the best of the weather throughout but they weren't the only ones out late/early on Thursday and Friday.

It was a record score from Henrik relative to par and to shoot a 63 on the final day (and Phil to shoot 65) when four under was the next best down the field was superb.

He's probably a bit glad that 3 wood didn't roll in to the bunker on the last, though. ;)

Edited by snowychap

@snowychap

Absolutely, looking at the leaderboard, you would be forgiven for thinking that the two of them were playing a completely different golf course. 

I feared the worst for Henrik when he three-putted the first, but playing with a nerveless Phil, it seemed to get the best out of him and was able to fire at some of the pins. 

As for the 18th, that bunker was 312 away from the tee I think they said. Just shows what adrenaline can do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7. august 2016 at 18:32, snowychap said:

Brilliant stuff from Jim Furyk today. Mr 58.

I don't really play anymore, but I remember shooting a 75 and feeling like the king of the world. I'm not sure I could even score 58 on my Playstation. Incredible. 

8 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I don't really play anymore, but I remember shooting a 75 and feeling like the king of the world. I'm not sure I could even score 58 on my Playstation. Incredible. 

Scoring something in the 60s in the Stableford? ;)

Edited by snowychap

Just now, snowychap said:

Scoring something in the 60s in your Stableford? ;)

Believe it or not, I used to be not too bad at that golf thing and my handicap at the time was 7 or 8. One time, six or seven years ago when I still played a bit, I was two under through 9, then found water twice on the 10th. Off the tee. On a short par 4. With my flippin' 3 iron. I never really recovered after that. Like, ever. Like I said, I don't really play anymore ;) 

• Like 1

Â