Golf: General Chat

villarule123

• 2 months later...

Anyone watch any of the US Open yesterday? What a brutal course!

Remarkable rounds from Johnson and Stenson to get to that score.

Rory played the course well. But his putting was shoddy, he would have been right up there f he'd holed a few.

And as for Tiger, it's becoming painful. I know he isn't the most likeable of blokes, but I can't help but feel for him. Injuries or not, he's hitting shots than a Sunday morning hacker would be embarrassed of.

It's becoming cringeworthy to watch and I almost feel like the cameras should just stop filming him.

It's like rubber necking at a car crash or laughing at the sub-normals on Jeremy Kyle.

Anyone watch any of the US Open yesterday? What a brutal course!

Yep - watched pretty much most of it including the free streams you can access via the US Open website (featured holes - 12/15 - and featured group).

Some horrendous stuff (Woods/Rickie Flower - apart from his near albatross) and some excellent stuff (like DJ's chip out of the bunker on 9).

Looking for ward to the rest. It'll be very interesting if the wind really picks up).

Yeah, if t gets windy (or much dryer) it will be borderline unplayable.

I watched Reed hit an approach into one green, which landed about 6 foot from the pin and ended up about 100 yards away!

Good fun to watch though, much better than target practice golf they often play over there.

Your arse would have been going if he'd just holed that 6 footer for another birdie! 

4 holes left including a par 5, if he keeps hitting it this close he could post a -9 under round here. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Terrible back nine from DJ.

I excused some of his previous poor efforts in final rounds of majors but I think I'll chalk this one up as some serious choking (whilst also giving appropriate credit to Spieth).

Cracking last seven holes from Oosthuizen.

I've a feeling Day might have won it were it not for the Vertigo. It's a miracle he completed all four days.

Assuming Spieth is the real deal and not a flash in the pan (I'm going with the former myself), it's shaping up to be a great rivalry with Rory over the next few years.

The way I see it is, although I think Rory is the superior player, Spieth could end up with more wins. It's genius Vs consistency.

Spieth seems to analyse each course thoroughly and then go and and play it. He does it with a methodical approach and swings within himself. Adapts his game well to suit conditions, especially for a 21year old kid, his short game is solid and his putting is amazing.

Rory relies more on form/feel and when he's on it, he doesn't play courses, he murders them. On form, he is unmatched, no other player has all of the strengths put together like he does. His problem is, he's streaky and when he's off, he's properly off. If he could putt well consistently, there would be no contest, we'd be looking at tiger levels of dominance over the next few years, especially in the 3 stateside majors.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Terrible back nine from DJ.

I excused some of his previous poor efforts in final rounds of majors but I think I'll chalk this one up as some serious choking (whilst also giving appropriate credit to Spieth).

DJ with another shocker of a Sunday in a major - not the final round, I know, but that was terrible today.

Tomorrow should be an exciting finish - disappointed with the beeb not sticking it on until a quarter to two.

Ive started playing again, anyone on here playing ?

If so, what's your handicap ?

Yeah I play. Only get out for a round every couple of weeks so I am stuck around a 24 handicap. Not official though

What about you?

The beeb don't even appear to be doing a live text page yet and there are players who have almost completed their rounds.

Yep it takes the mickey a bit that you can't easily follow/watch what's going on on the final day of a major.

Even more frustrating knowing the conditions will worsen later and my big outside bet has birdied the first 4 to give himself a tiny chance.

Ive started playing again, anyone on here playing ?

If so, what's your handicap ?

Yeah I play. Only get out for a round every couple of weeks so I am stuck around a 24 handicap. Not official though

What about you?

I love the nature as much as the golf, green fields makes you feel good.

I have hcp 9 atm, will drop when i learn how to shoot straight with my driver.

Ever played at the belfry ?

Â