Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why would Benteke go to Liverpool? There are plenty of better clubs that would be in for him.

For one, they would pay him a shit load of money.

Two, its in England.

Three, he would pretty much be guaranteed a start if Suarez left.

Four, they are splashing the cash L, R & C and seem to be showing major ambition.

Five, whether we like it or not, they are one of England's great clubs.

Why would Benteke go to Liverpool? There are plenty of better clubs that would be in for him.

Two, its in England.

Four, they are splashing the cash L, R & C and seem to be showing major ambition.

So? There are other clubs that can give him all that (bar the history) plus more.

Two, its in England.

So? There are other clubs that can give him all that (bar the history) plus more.

Right? Where did I say he would definitely be heading there?

Two, its in England.

Where did I say you said that?

Two, its in England.

oh-please.gif

Liverpool are chasing sixth and will be lucky to get that..

They are only just hanging on to Suarez, have no defence since Carragher left, and Gerrard cannot carry the team for yet another season. 

Benteke wouldn't go anywhere near Liverpool.

Plus the Liverpool fans think their club is great and put unrealistic expectations on their star players to hang about, even if their playing for seventh in the table, which they think is an achievement.

No, Benteke will be staying here.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Woodytom, if I were planning a picnic in 20 days time, would you spend every day telling me you think it will rain on my picnic? The reliable forecasters don't predict that far ahead and the other forecasters are basing their prediction on seasonal weather patterns but in reality can't say for sure either way. I know there is a chance it will actually rain on my picnic. That doesn't mean I need or want to hear your constant wet sandwich prediction. I'd rather look forward to a nice afternoon and if it does look like rain I'll postpone or eat indoors.

Just ignore my posts then.

Two, its in England.

Well you didnt, it just seemed clear thats what you were implying. too me anyway.

Why y'all acting like bitches though?

"Because they are! springs to mind," Long way to go before the window closes and the media love the all the crap agents put out; come July we will know "if he stays or if he goes". Either way i'm not that bothered now.

Woodytom, if I were planning a picnic in 20 days time, would you spend every day telling me you think it will rain on my picnic? The reliable forecasters don't predict that far ahead and the other forecasters are basing their prediction on seasonal weather patterns but in reality can't say for sure either way. I know there is a chance it will actually rain on my picnic. That doesn't mean I need or want to hear your constant wet sandwich prediction. I'd rather look forward to a nice afternoon and if it does look like rain I'll postpone or eat indoors.

Brilliant debate :D

Brilliant debate :D

Well, to someone who admits that they do not want to hear my opinion, there is nothing more to say.

I think I have made it clear, I will not be lying to please people.

I think it's a case of 'it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it'.

You're entitled to your opinion, but when your agenda seems to be 'put down the club first, then make a point', people get annoyed. That's how I see it anyway. There's plenty enough to be negative about, without being negative about the positives :D

You're entitled to your opinion, but when your agenda seems to be 'put down the club first, then make a point', people get annoyed. That's how I see it anyway. There's plenty enough to be negative about, without being negative about the positives :D

So by that you see it as a positive that we have no clue as to what the hell is going on with regards to Benteke?

Do you not think if we were really going places quickly as a club he would be itching to sign a new contract?

Two, its in England.

Well you didnt, it just seemed clear thats what you were implying. too me anyway.

Not at all, was just pointing out that there are lots of other clubs Benteke is more likely to go to than Liverpool.

But that is what you are saying Stefan?

The current situation is that we havent a clue what is happening.

You say Im being negative about positives - so I am asking, is my current view on benteke a negative of a positive? If so, that would indicate that you think the current Benteke situation is a positive.

So by that you see it as a positive that we have no clue as to what the hell is going on with regards to Benteke?

Do you not think if we were really going places quickly as a club he would be itching to sign a new contract?

NO! why would he and Villa not wait it out, £30M for a player that cost £7M sounds a good deal to me and besides that as much as i admire Benteke "He is his own man and as young and stupid you may think he is, i'm sure his father will sort that out."

Disclaimer: Although I'm still posting, I am no long entertaining Woodytom in a cyclical debate.

NO! why would he and Villa not wait it out, £30M for a player that cost £7M sounds a good deal to me and besides that as much as i admire Benteke "He is his own man and as young and stupid you may think he is, i'm sure his father will sort that out."

Agreed. As much as I love him, some of rhetoric in this thread is OTT. He went missing in as many games as he starred in IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â