Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why should AVFC or Benteke be busting a gut to sign a new deal anyway? Currently his deal is the same length as Weimann. Weimann was coming into the final 12months hence why he was busting a gut to get his future sorted. You cannot compare the two IMO.

Errrm, because, like so many have said on here, it will be a major coup for us.

If anything, being allowed to see his family will make him happier, both in general and with the manager/club. What negative affect can it have?

For goodness sake, I havent said it will have any negative effect. I am just simply pointing out that he isnt busting a gut to sign a new contract like maybe Weimann was. i totally understand why (he is a player in demand) and I have absolutely no problem with it. However, I want a Benteke who is 100% committed to the cause. A Benteke that really wants to play for us, regardless of interest from elsewhere. And I am not seeing much to suggest that will happen. I am not surprised by this, as that is football, I am just stating that I think the longer it goes on the less committed Benteke becomes for next season, should he stay..

cast your mind back to when we signed him, Genks owner didnt want to get rid of him, tried to make tekkers sign a new deal, he refused and was reported to have boycoted training until they allowed him to sign for us. could always do the same to us so I wouldnt expect this to pick up pace anytime soon. and as for weimann, he didnt really sign all too quickly himself, granted he got his over and done with but he himself had a vast amount of speculation linking him elsewhere wit his agent making it appear he wasnt willing to sign a new contract. glad thats over and cant wait for this saga to be over, if tekkers knows whats good for him, he'll give us at least one more season!

that isnt the same they promised benteke to be cooperative if an english club came racing genk didnt keep their promise. 

My only other suggestion is he breaks his metatarsal during the tour of Germany hence putting him out of action until Sept/Oct may put off potential suitors until after the transfer window has closed ;)

theres no rush to get it done.. we are busy trying to get rid of our shite players.

no rush? hes our top player and one that we are building a squad round, if hes leaving us this season then it better suits us if its done sooner rather than later so we can use the money elsewhere on an adequate replacement. leaving it till deadline day will do us no good and will force lambert to panic-buy and over spend.

As good as helenius looks, I wouldnt throw him in the deep end and expect 15 goals plus in his first season.

Why should AVFC or Benteke be busting a gut to sign a new deal anyway? Currently his deal is the same length as Weimann. Weimann was coming into the final 12months hence why he was busting a gut to get his future sorted. You cannot compare the two IMO.

Yes it would as the deal is on the table, but Benteke would be stupid to sign a new deal. Lets be brutally honest here now, Benteke and Weimann are miles apart in terms of ability, thats not disrespecting Weimann, but Benteke has much more to offer. So my point is you keep comparing the two, but they are two totally different cases. Benteke will be fairly relaxed with his future.

theres no rush to get it done.. we are busy trying to get rid of our shite players.

no rush? hes our top player and one that we are building a squad round, if hes leaving us this season then it better suits us if its done sooner rather than later so we can use the money elsewhere on an adequate replacement. leaving it till deadline day will do us no good and will force lambert to panic-buy and over spend.

As good as helenius looks, I wouldnt throw him in the deep end and expect 15 goals plus in his first season.

Mate he has 3 years left on his contract. He is on a low salary. We wont agree a fee. Whats he going to do? He will sign a new deal so he can make more money and then after World Cup will leave. Everyone needs to relax.

• Like 2

Mate he has 3 years left on his contract. He is on a low salary. We wont agree a fee. Whats he going to do? He will sign a new deal so he can make more money and then after World Cup will leave. Everyone needs to relax.

if only football were as easy as that mate, id like to be able to share your optimism and a part of me does think he will stay, certainly if his heads screwed on it will. But i dont get the point of your argument about signing a new deal, if you was a gaffer of a firm and an employee wanted to leave and wasnt going to work as hard as he should until he got his way, would you seriously throw more money at him?

He's not going to finish his career with Aston Villa we all know that.

He will give us 2 seasons and move on to something bigger. There is no reason to sign a new contract, he has three years left on the current one.

will it? contracts are worth **** all these days. only coup a new deal has is for his agent

I'm relaxed about the Benteke situation. Villa hold all the cards as Benteke is contracted to us for another three years. Therefore one of two things will happen ....

1) Benteke may sign an extension to contract, with vastly improved salary and benefits (with an agreement that he could move after the world cup if he has enhanced his status and attracts the right offers) ....  

2) In the next couple of weeks a top four club may speculate and offer a vast amount of cash for Benteke to compensate for the fact that AVFC do not need or want to sell a hugely important asset, in which case he will move.

I think CB will stay at least another season, but in my opinion if he does go then the likes of Spurs and Liverpool have no chance as they simply can't afford him.   ( My money is on option 1)

• Like 1

Who said he wants to leave? we sort of have this idea that as he hasn't signed a new deal considering he has 3 years left, he wants to leave.

Thats a good point.  The only thing that annoys me and i assume a lot of other Villa fans is that we don't know, if we knew either way what he wanted to do then that would be ok, i dont buy that he's keeping his options open if that is the case then **** him off Lambert now and get in someone who is willing to at least see out at half his contract rather than 1/4 of it.

Because it's likely that there's a pay rise on the table. We're basically saying (something like): "Sign this piece of paper son; it's not worth the paper it's written on in terms of keeping you here long term, BUT you'll be pocketing an extra 20,000-30,000 thousand per week by doing so".

I know picking up a pen might be considered as busting a gut, but it's really worth it financially.

Who said he wants to leave? we sort of have this idea that as he hasn't signed a new deal considering he has 3 years left, he wants to leave.

Thats a good point. The only thing that annoys me and i assume a lot of other Villa fans is that we don't know, if we knew either way what he wanted to do then that would be ok, i dont buy that he's keeping his options open if that is the case then **** him off Lambert now and get in someone who is willing to at least see out at half his contract rather than 1/4 of it.

I am sure he has discussed his future with Lambert and the Villa management know what the score is. If he wants a move it is better for us if he doesn't come out and say it anyway.

I think he is just going about his job with his head down. Meanwhile the tabloids are writing whatever they feel like and some fans are getting worked up about it.

Â