2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Great news for Corbs. Fully deserved. Should've been on the plane in the first place. Think he'll be pushing for a test spot

Just out of interest which prop would you have dropped from the squad to have him in the plane in the first place?

Think Grant is unlucky had a great 6 nations, Corbsieiro is a very good player but has been injured and only really had two games back.  But then you could say the same for O Connell, Lydiate eyc.  Gatland did say he was going to pick on form but then put some players in who have not played much due to injury.  Think props are where we have some real depth and could be a major advantage with players coming off the bench to make an impact.  Can you imagine Vinni coming on after 60 minutes, he will make yards from fun. 

Great news for Corbs. Fully deserved. Should've been on the plane in the first place. Think he'll be pushing for a test spot

Just out of interest which prop would you have dropped from the squad to have him in the plane in the first place?
Tough call when you put it like that. If pushed I'd have to say Vunipola, due to his lack of experience. Geth didn't have the best of seasons either though to be fair.

If it was really down to me then it would be Healy so I didn't have to support a team with him in it haha.

Edited by JB

I think Geth was lucky as he has not been first choice for Toulon all season and been injured, think he got the nod as Gatland really rates him and one game against England!. 

I never get the Healy hating, I would support a team with Hartley or Lawes if they were both on the tour.  Every forward has been done in the past for "agressive rucking" you don't get many saints who play in the pack.  Also up front it is quite confrontational and it can spill over from time to time, lot's of players live close to the edge and step over it.  Biting and gouging are beyond the pale, I have been bitten and it is shocking. 

Tough call when you put it like that. If pushed I'd have to say Vunipola, due to his lack of experience. Geth didn't have the best of seasons either though to be fair.

If it was really down to me then it would be Healy so I didn't have to support a team with him in it haha.

I would have brought Vunipola as I think there should be a few young players who have the ability to shine, like Wallace on the 97 tour.  I had hoped Gatland had gone for Wade from Wasp's as he has so much raw ability and pace which worries defences.  Think Gatland brought too many big wingers and should of of mixed it up a bit.

I think Geth was lucky as he has not been first choice for Toulon all season and been injured, think he got the nod as Gatland really rates him and one game against England!. 

I never get the Healy hating, I would support a team with Hartley or Lawes if they were both on the tour.  Every forward has been done in the past for "agressive rucking" you don't get many saints who play in the pack.  Also up front it is quite confrontational and it can spill over from time to time, lot's of players live close to the edge and step over it.  Biting and gouging are beyond the pale, I have been bitten and it is shocking. 

Some posters like Villaajax are young so are basing opinions on one event that happened in a Six nations match. I've followed Rugby for a long time and we know these stupid things happen to all players. Even Brian O'Driscoll should have been red carded in the Italy game, he was so frustrated he was stamping and should have been sent off. Moment of madness even for a player that isn't even slightly dirty.

At the end of the day, if a player is good I want him on my side. I remember Shaw in the last tour getting opponents all riled up in the scrum, turning and smirking and loving it. Had he done that for England vs Ireland I'd be f'n and blinding. I hate Shaw. But on the Lions tour he was on our side. Loved him.

Healy is an exceptional player and his position on Lions tour was a certainty. For Leinster he's immense and he'd be a huge asset for the Lions given how he demolished Australia in the World Cup. But as I said, one incident which is fresh in the mind tars him in some peoples eyes. 

Of course. But there will always be players that you particularly dislike. I didn't say I wouldn't support him playing for the Lions, I just would rather not support a team with him in it, given the choice :). Nothing to do with nationality, I think Calum Clark is a scumbag too.

I thought it was strange that the scrum half claimed that Healy had bitten him, then at half time back tracked and said he was not sure if it was an accident.  Then after the game Western Force said they wanted it left on the pitch.  In my opinion from watching it a few times, the Western Force pushed his fore arm in Healy's face, reacted as if he was bitten.  Realised he had made a stupid claim and tied to back out.  But I am a Healy fan so could just be biased.

Â