2013 Baseball Predictions and General Chat

maqroll

Just 6 days until opening day...the big story this offseason has to be Toronto stacking their roster with Dickey, Johnson, Reyes, Buehrle, Melky and Bonifacio. They have to be considered favorites to win the AL East. The Yankees and Red Sox might both miss out on the playoffs for the first time since they implemented the wildcard.

Detroit should dominate the AL Central. The Angels lineup is just silly good. They should win the AL West, especially now that they have Houston to beat up on 12 times or so. Texas should claim a wildcard. The other wildcard will probably go to Tampa.

The NL East will be a slugfest between Washington and Atlanta, and Philly will be better this year with a resurgent Ryan Howard. Reds should win the Central and Giants should win the West.

Angels over Tigers in AL

Giants over Nationals in NL

Angels over Giants in WS

AL East

Toronto Blue Jays

New York Yankees

Tampa Bay Rays

Boston Red Sox

Baltimore Orioles

(hardest division to order IMO)

AL Central

Detroit Tigers

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Kansas City Royals

Minnesota Twins

AL West

Los Angeles Angels

Texas Rangers

Oakland Athletics

Seattle Mariners

Houston Astros

NL East

Washington Nationals

Atlanta Braves

Philadelphia Phillies

New York Mets

Miami Marlins

NL Central

Cincinnati Reds

St. Louis Cardinals

Pittsburgh Pirates

Milwaukee Brewers

Chicago Cubs

NL West

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

San Diego Padres

Texas Rangers over New York Yankees

Los Angeles Angels over Texas Rangers

Detroit Tigers over Toronto Blue Jays

Los Angeles Angels over Detroit Tigers

-----------------------------------------------------------------

St. Louis Cardinals over Atlanta Braves

St. Louis Cardinals over Washington Nationals

Cincinnati Reds over Los Angeles Dodgers

St. Louis Cardinals over Cincinnati Reds

----------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles Angels over St. Louis Cardinals

It's going to be fun watching the Yankees this year, I think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them 10 games out of the division race by May. $190m payroll, but so much of that tied up in injuries.

Just watched the Braves dominate Halladay and the Phillies. Another home run for Justin Upton, Evan "El Oso Blanco" Gattis took one deep in his first major league game off Halladay and Heyward jacked another late on off of Papelbon. Of course, they struck out 16 times as well and on days when they don't score 9 runs that will really grate, but my oh my what a lineup.

Heyward - Upton - Freeman - Upton - Uggla, 2 to 6, with McCann to return later this month? You're facing 6 guys in a row with easy 25-30 home run power, all of them can get on base too. Their support cast is strong, they've good defence, the best pen in baseball... Questions remain over the depth of the rotation. There may not be a true ace there, we'll see how Medlen gets on before saying for sure and we could do with Beachy coming back strong. But they don't need to be the Braves pitching of old to win this division at a canter, they just need to give that lineup a shot. 

I'm calling it now, Braves win 100 games.  

I'm another one backing The Braves .. Not a huge fan of baseball but I follow the braves scores since visiting Turner Field last year :)

Originally the Boston Braves...the Small Heath to the Red Sox Villa  ;)

Even though this Red Sox team isn't good enough to win anything this year, they are already much more fun to watch. No sideshow bullshit, no hype, none of that. Just a baseball team with a decent mix of youth and veterans. Nice to enjoy my ball club again.

• Like 1

Mets best team in the majors. Fact.

Enjoy it while it lasts my friend! Seriously...

I did, it was fun. Now it's over.

Just watched the Braves dominate Halladay and the Phillies. Another home run for Justin Upton, Evan "El Oso Blanco" Gattis took one deep in his first major league game off Halladay and Heyward jacked another late on off of Papelbon. Of course, they struck out 16 times as well and on days when they don't score 9 runs that will really grate, but my oh my what a lineup.

Heyward - Upton - Freeman - Upton - Uggla, 2 to 6, with McCann to return later this month? You're facing 6 guys in a row with easy 25-30 home run power, all of them can get on base too. Their support cast is strong, they've good defence, the best pen in baseball... Questions remain over the depth of the rotation. There may not be a true ace there, we'll see how Medlen gets on before saying for sure and we could do with Beachy coming back strong. But they don't need to be the Braves pitching of old to win this division at a canter, they just need to give that lineup a shot. 

I'm calling it now, Braves win 100 games.  

I always felt BJ Upton was overrated and so far this season you may as well have had me or you in there. Minor league performance so far. I don't see wins, but you'll make post-season. My prediction was wildcard, but maybe you'll win the division.

Matt Harvey looks like the real deal...

Great to watch. One of the very few bright spots for us this season.

Upton brothers walking off in the 9th last night, BJ tied Justin won it, how's about that for "overrated"?

Another win today to complete the sweep. Gutted to see Freeman go on the DL but as long as its not too serious this lineup can hold it together no doubt.

Great start.

You shouldn't underestimate Niese as well, very good young pitcher. If your front office can make a good trade or two, who knows what the Mets might be able to do in the next couple of years?

Â