Train London to Brum?

Folski

Quick question guys, the girlfriend got me tickets to the Liverpool game for Christmas, but when we realised it was on Easter weekend and that we'd both be off Friday to Monday, we decided we'd head to London for a few days and get the train up Sunday morning. Basically, all I want to know is the best/cheapest/ train to get from London to Birmingham. Thanks.

Would I be right in saying Snow Hill would be a lot closer to the ground IC? Thanks very much.

A few hundred yards, but you wouldn't want to walk it, it's still a couple of miles.

Alternatively get a London Midland train into New Street from Euston and then catch a train from there into Aston or Witton. £25 return give or take.

• Like 1

Just watch out as there's usually engineering work over Easter on the West Coast mainline (used by Virgin and London Midland), which is the reason I'll be driving up for the Liverpool game rather than catching the train. Check the train times and journey durations, but you may be better on the Chiltern line.

Sunday service can be shite so don't expect wonders on Easter Sunday .

Virgin is the best and fastest but not cheapest.

Chilten is worth a look, avoid London midland takes over 2 hours that's why it's cheapest

I'd suggest the 10am or the 1033am out of marylebone into moor st at 1206 or 1225pm respectively . The 11am gets you in at 1301 which would be cutting it fine for a 1330 hrs KO

Sunday service can be shite so don't expect wonders on Easter Sunday .

Virgin is the best and fastest but not cheapest.

Chilten is worth a look, avoid London midland takes over 2 hours that's why it's cheapest

It is but it gets him to where he wants to be. Euston is easy to get to, new street has his connect to Villa Park. So that extra 30-45 minutes is mostly saved, along with a few quid and a ton of stress finding your way around.

• Like 1

Virgin can be quite cheap off peak if you book the tickets early enough. They are the quickest at around 1 hour 20 minutes. Their trains are pretty shit though.

London Midland is the cheapest but it'll take you around 2 hours and 20 minutes, and their trains are absolute dog shit.

Chiltern has the best trains out of the bunch and their prices are often similar to that of London Midland, but it'll take you about two hours.

• Like 1

Â