Gareth Bale

NurembergVillan

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Medals don't prove that you're a better player.

Just proves that your team is better.

Tell me what massive games Bale has influenced?

Tell me about the times he's been the best player on the park against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (or who ever has been challenging for the Premier League Title at the time)?

Tell me about all the FA Cup & Champions League Semi Finals and Finals that he's played in and scored in?

Tell me about all the how consistent he's been for 20 + years, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Tell me about how he's been churning out massive performances, at the top level since the age of 17?

Tell me how he's won 8 trophies by the time he's 24?

Bale may be the best player in the Premiership at the moment, but he can still only dream of being at Gigg's level.

Tell me what massive games has Giggs influenced?

Tell me about the time he scored a hat-trick in the San Siro.

Tell about the time he destroyed the world's number 1 right back.

Tell me about the time he single handedly won a World Cup qualifier for Wales.

Bale has already done more in a Wales shirt than Giggs has ever done.

Was Ryan Giggs ever linked to Real Madrid?

He was linked to Inter Milan, who were on par with the current Madrid side at the time. He didn't need to move to them though, as he was already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Off the top of my head, he'd played in 4 Champions League Final, two of which he won. He scored arguably the best FA Cup goal of all time, in a semi against a very strong Arsenal side (which won the game). He scored in the semi of the Champions League against Juventus.

The facts remain that Giggs achievements dwarf everyone else in the Premier League era. Until you can tell me Bale has done the same, then this is a ridiculous argument.

So Giggs is better than Ronaldo?

Yes. He's the greatest player in Premier League history.

Ryan Giggs is not fit to lace Thierry Henry's boots.

I hope this topic about Gareth Bale is not hijacked by talk about Ryan Giggs. I understand the comparisons as I have already said, but...............

Getting back on topic, he's the best player in the league a the moment. Him or RVP anyway. He will probably go on to be one of the all time greats. He's not there yet though.

dave80 what are you on about? How did Spurs lose the tie, it was a group game. And if you do the maths, 4-3 defeat and a 3-1 win means they did not lose the aggregate score anyway.

What difference does it make it make if the goal won the game or it was the equaliser, or whether it was the first in a come back from 2-0 down to twin the game 3-2. (2010)

You questioned his performances against the top 4 and I gave you evidence to show he has done it aginst them.

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Medals don't prove that you're a better player.

Just proves that your team is better.

Tell me what massive games Bale has influenced?

Tell me about the times he's been the best player on the park against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (or who ever has been challenging for the Premier League Title at the time)?

Tell me about all the FA Cup & Champions League Semi Finals and Finals that he's played in and scored in?

Tell me about all the how consistent he's been for 20 + years, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Tell me about how he's been churning out massive performances, at the top level since the age of 17?

Tell me how he's won 8 trophies by the time he's 24?

Bale may be the best player in the Premiership at the moment, but he can still only dream of being at Gigg's level.

Tell me what massive games has Giggs influenced?

Tell me about the time he scored a hat-trick in the San Siro.

Tell about the time he destroyed the world's number 1 right back.

Tell me about the time he single handedly won a World Cup qualifier for Wales.

Bale has already done more in a Wales shirt than Giggs has ever done.

Was Ryan Giggs ever linked to Real Madrid?

He was linked to Inter Milan, who were on par with the current Madrid side at the time. He didn't need to move to them though, as he was already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Off the top of my head, he'd played in 4 Champions League Final, two of which he won. He scored arguably the best FA Cup goal of all time, in a semi against a very strong Arsenal side (which won the game). He scored in the semi of the Champions League against Juventus.

The facts remain that Giggs achievements dwarf everyone else in the Premier League era. Until you can tell me Bale has done the same, then this is a ridiculous argument.

So Giggs is better than Ronaldo?

Yes. He's the greatest player in Premier League history.

Ryan Giggs is not fit to lace Thierry Henry's boots.

Thierry Henry was an amazing player, undoubtedly, but you're being ridiculous, and going further off topic.

He scored a hattrick in a game where Inter were 4 up, and took their foot off the gas. Fair play, I'm not belittling it, but he didn't do it when it counted, where as Giggs has stepped up time and time again.

With all due respect to Gareth Bale and who he currently plays for, he's still not doing it at the top level. He's scoring goals and bossing games against mid and lower table Premier League teams, and in the Europa League. Until he's making the difference in top 4 Premier League matches and Champion League matches, then he can not be judged on the same level as Giggs.

Did it against Inter. Can he do it on a consistent basis in the Champions League? time will tell.

Thankyou, finally someone points this out! Inter had the game dead and buried! Thought this at the time when the inevitable hype happened.

That video clip is of the return game at WHL, where you could argue he played just as well.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

dave80 what are you on about? How did Spurs lose the tie, it was a group game. And if you do the maths, 4-3 defeat and a 3-1 win means they did not lose the aggregate score anyway.

What difference does it make it make if the goal won the game or it was the equaliser, or whether it was the first in a come back from 2-0 down to twin the game 3-2. (2010)

You questioned his performances against the top 4 and I gave you evidence to show he has done it aginst them.

I'm mistaken regarding Inter and the WHL game, apologies.

As for Bale scoring against Arsenal. Top class player score goals that win games.

Oh right dave80 top players score goals that win games, but if you score the equalizer or the first in a game that started the come back which lead to the winner later on they don't count. Gotcha.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

What was Ronaldo's record when he was 23?

42 goals for the season.

Champions League winner (and player of the tournament, and top scorer)

League winner (His second league medal)

Premier League Golden Boot

Top Scorer in Europe (Golden Shoe)

Runner up in the Ballon D'or

To name a few

Edited by Stevo985

Oh right dave80 top players score goals that win games, but if you score the equalizer or the first in a game that started the come back which lead to the winner later on they don't count. Gotcha.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if you score a goal and your team wins or goes on to get something out of the game / tie, that's what counts.

Interesting debate about Bale on talksport.

They are saying he is to spurs what young was to villa in 2008 but with a few more goals. I would have to agree with that.

Did they just lift that straight out of the relegation thread on here?!

What was Ronaldo's record when he was 23?

42 goals for the season.

Champions League winner (and player of the tournament, and top scorer)

League winner (His second league medal)

Premier League Golden Boot

Top Scorer in Europe (Golden Shoe)

Runner up in the Ballon D'or

To name a few

He actually won the Ballon d'Or that season (2007/08) 

Bale is coming into his prime now.  Forward players tend to peak at a younger age than defensive minded ones because broadly speaking, physical attributes (especially pace) and creative talent are much more important than experience is. 

Â