Gareth Bale

NurembergVillan

I never rated Bale, I sure was wrong.

He's better now than Giggs has ever been. Since he first exploded onto the scene, Giggs has been excellent but he's never set the world on fire.

Bale has so many more attributes than Giggs has ever had. The explosive pace, the body strength, the free-kicks, the powerful long range shots. In fact I'm struggling to think of anything Giggs has ever done better than Bale does at the moment. I'd even argue that Giggs has been made to look better than he actually is due to being surrounded by the best players for his whole career. He's hardly done anything for Wales where the quality of players is lower.

I never rated Bale, I sure was wrong.

He's better now than Giggs has ever been. Since he first exploded onto the scene, Giggs has been excellent but he's never set the world on fire.

Bale has so many more attributes than Giggs has ever had. The explosive pace, the body strength, the free-kicks, the powerful long range shots. In fact I'm struggling to think of anything Giggs has ever done better than Bale does at the moment. I'd even argue that Giggs has been made to look better than he actually is due to being surrounded by the best players for his whole career. He's hardly done anything for Wales where the quality of players is lower.

Better technique and a smarter football player for sure. Better split vision. Better balance too, I'd imagine. :-P And you don't get to play for one of the best teams in the world for more than 20 years if you're carried by the rest of the team. Players like Butt, Brown, O'Shea, P. Neville, etc, were carried by the rest of the team. Not Giggs

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

And as a hundred people on Twitter have already said, this is the biggest chimp on the side of a building in New York since King Kong in 1933. 

• Like 2

Jesus, how much have HP paid to get a logo that bloody huge on a shirt?

The cost of one copy of Photoshop. It's bigger on promotional images like that than it is on the actual shirt, Premier League rules dictate the maximum size a sponsors logo can be.

I must say that I wasn't aware NBC had the PL now...

Hence the reason for needing a billboard!'

Jesus, how much have HP paid to get a logo that bloody huge on a shirt?

The cost of one copy of Photoshop. It's bigger on promotional images like that than it is on the actual shirt, Premier League rules dictate the maximum size a sponsors logo can be.

Hence the reason for needing a billboard!'

I guess the question is, then: Jesus, how much did HP pay NBC to use that particular picture for that particular advertisement? 

They'll be streaming every single match, too, if a game isn't on one of their numerous networks. Hopefully their streaming tool isn't the Great Digital Satan. 

Â