Gareth Bale

NurembergVillan

Better than Giggs ever was.

http://youtu.be/7xhBFp7HOmg

Orly?  

I think you are forgetting just how brilliant a player Giggs was when he was Bale's age.   Bale is better than Giggs is in 2013, but Ryan Giggs has been a phenomenally good footballer for twenty years and he has adapted his game as his physical attributes have changed. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 4

Orly?  

I think you are forgetting just how brilliant a player Giggs was when he was Bale's age.   Bale is better than Giggs is in 2013, but Ryan Giggs has been a phenomenally good footballer for twenty years and he has adapted his game as his physical attributes have changed. 

Great video link. So many awesome moments, Bale has a way to go yet to match Giggs.

Orly?  

Well, you know those youtube clips. They can make Salifou look like Zidane. ;)

Seriously though. Bale is good. Really, really good. I despise him, but can't deny his greatness. He has however some way to go before he reaches Giggs greatness. 20+ years of being a great player in the english league.Someone said that Giggs had good players around him when he won all those medals. True that, but for most of the time he's been one of the best players in the team, not been carried by it. So far Giggs<Bale.

Agree that Bale is playing at a level Giggs never got to. Bale is ridiculous at the moment.

Giggs got a lot of stick from United fans after the treble season for not pulling his weight and was linked a lot to moves abroad. Season ticket holder mate of mine said as good as he is now, it took him 4 years to adapt to having no pace and lived off that goal against Arsenal for about 2 seasons.

Overall you'd have to say Giggs has had a better career right now, but that's much more to do with his longevity and United being the dominant force in English football. Bale won't have to play till he'd 39 to eclipse him for me.

Spurs for 2nd this season I think, City are crumbling. Bale will stay unless Levy can get the price he wants in the Summer which is going to be something silly like £70m. But I'm sure he won't be signing another contract on top of the current one that runs to end of 15/16 season.

Just watched that video.... **** me Giggs was a bit good wasn't he?

Bale is good. A really good talent and will potentially get better but noone will achieve what Giggs has achieved in the game. A truly wonderful footballer who deserves all the praise heaped on the likes of Gascoigne and Best and then some.

EDIT - and if he was playing for a half decent international side he would be mentioned in the same breath as Maradonna, Messi and Pele.

Edited by Eames

Giggs was immense and better than Bale at his age. Bale could eclipse him but he isnt there yet. Its ok performing vs West Ham and Villa but Giggs was doing it in major semi-finals like vs Arsenal and Juventus

Giggs was immense and better than Bale at his age. Bale could eclipse him but he isnt there yet. Its ok performing vs West Ham and Villa but Giggs was doing it in major semi-finals like vs Arsenal and Juventus

I guess next year will determine that, when he is playing in the champions league. Tbf to him, he did rip Inter apart in the Champions League.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Medals don't prove that you're a better player.

Just proves that your team is better.

Tell me what massive games Bale has influenced?

Tell me about the times he's been the best player on the park against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (or who ever has been challenging for the Premier League Title at the time)?

Tell me about all the FA Cup & Champions League Semi Finals and Finals that he's played in and scored in?

Tell me about all the how consistent he's been for 20 + years, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Tell me about how he's been churning out massive performances, at the top level since the age of 17?

Tell me how he's won 8 trophies by the time he's 24?

Bale may be the best player in the Premiership at the moment, but he can still only dream of being at Gigg's level.

• Like 1

On a side note I hope Spurs finish above Chelsea. I'd like Abramovich to realise he was a little impatient with AVB. Yes, they won the CL but there's a possibility they may not qualify this season.

Â