Gareth Bale

NurembergVillan

He's superb, best player in the league by a country mile on current form

SGC must be trolling

Not at all just expressing a football opinion on a football forum

So you generally believe that Wilshere is the best midfielder in the world?

Yes hands down for me, by a country mile

citizen_cane.gif

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

I will sum up what I have already said about Bale in other topics on the forum. He is a world class player and currently the most on form player in the premiership. He is definitely one of the top 10 midfielders in world football and I am basing this on what he has done since 2010, not just his form over the last 4 months. He will continue to improve and will probably replace Giggs over the next few years at manchester united.

As for the comparison with Giggs, this is inevitable bearing in mind they are both Welsh, and both play in the same position and are both left footed. I think there was never a time when Giggs was playing as well as what Bale is now, not even in 93/94 which United fans tell me was his best season. But Giggs has been a solid 7.5 out of 10 performer for 20 years and that kind of consistency is very rare.

As for the medals comment a few have made, that argument is not as valid as it is for individual sports like tennis, athletics etc. Who has more medals John O Shea or Shearer, but who was better? I understand Giggs has won a lot of medals and for 90% of those he contributed, but Bale is not playing for the dominant force of English football, so that is an unfair stick to beat him with.

Perhaps you are right I will change that to 8 out of 10 for most of his career.

I reserve the 9 out of 10 marks for Shearer 94/95, Fowler 95/96, Henry 03/04,Ronaldo 07/08,  Mcgrath 92/93 and Bergkamp 97/98

I don't think Giggs ever quite got to that level.

Edited by Voinjama

With all due respect to Gareth Bale and who he currently plays for, he's still not doing it at the top level. He's scoring goals and bossing games against mid and lower table Premier League teams, and in the Europa League. Until he's making the difference in top 4 Premier League matches and Champion League matches, then he can not be judged on the same level as Giggs.

Better than Giggs ever was.

rubbish lets see if bale is still scoring goals at 36 years of age. too early to say.

Let's see if Messi or Ronaldo are still scoring goals at 36 years of age to see if they are better than Giggs. Too early to say.

Your logic.

With all due respect to Gareth Bale and who he currently plays for, he's still not doing it at the top level. He's scoring goals and bossing games against mid and lower table Premier League teams, and in the Europa League. Until he's making the difference in top 4 Premier League matches and Champion League matches, then he can not be judged on the same level as Giggs.

Did it against Inter. Can he do it on a consistent basis in the Champions League? time will tell.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Medals don't prove that you're a better player.

Just proves that your team is better.

Tell me what massive games Bale has influenced?

Tell me about the times he's been the best player on the park against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (or who ever has been challenging for the Premier League Title at the time)?

Tell me about all the FA Cup & Champions League Semi Finals and Finals that he's played in and scored in?

Tell me about all the how consistent he's been for 20 + years, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Tell me about how he's been churning out massive performances, at the top level since the age of 17?

Tell me how he's won 8 trophies by the time he's 24?

Bale may be the best player in the Premiership at the moment, but he can still only dream of being at Gigg's level.

Tell me what massive games has Giggs influenced?

Tell me about the time he scored a hat-trick in the San Siro.

Tell about the time he destroyed the world's number 1 right back.

Tell me about the time he single handedly won a World Cup qualifier for Wales.

Bale has already done more in a Wales shirt than Giggs has ever done.

Was Ryan Giggs ever linked to Real Madrid?

Did it against Inter. Can he do it on a consistent basis in the Champions League? time will tell.

He scored a hattrick in a game where Inter were 4 up, and took their foot off the gas. Fair play, I'm not belittling it, but he didn't do it when it counted, where as Giggs has stepped up time and time again.

He scored a hattrick in a game where Inter were 4 up, and took their foot off the gas. Fair play, I'm not belittling it, but he didn't do it when it counted, where as Giggs has stepped up time and time again.

Thankyou, finally someone points this out! Inter had the game dead and buried! Thought this at the time when the inevitable hype happened.

Bale is not in the same league as Giggs yet. He may be at some point, but not even close at the moment. Show us ya medals! 

Tell me about the times he's been the best player on the park against Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool (or who ever has been challenging for the Premier League Title at the time)?

Tell me about all the FA Cup & Champions League Semi Finals and Finals that he's played in and scored in?

Tell me about all the how consistent he's been for 20 + years, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world?

Tell me about how he's been churning out massive performances, at the top level since the age of 17?

Bale may be the best player in the Premiership at the moment, but he can still only dream of being at Gigg's level.

He was linked to Inter Milan, who were on par with the current Madrid side at the time. He didn't need to move to them though, as he was already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Off the top of my head, he'd played in 4 Champions League Final, two of which he won. He scored arguably the best FA Cup goal of all time, in a semi against a very strong Arsenal side (which won the game). He scored in the semi of the Champions League against Juventus.

The facts remain that Giggs achievements dwarf everyone else in the Premier League era. Until you can tell me Bale has done the same, then this is a ridiculous argument.

He was linked to Inter Milan, who were on par with the current Madrid side at the time. He didn't need to move to them though, as he was already playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Off the top of my head, he'd played in 4 Champions League Final, two of which he won. He scored arguably the best FA Cup goal of all time, in a semi against a very strong Arsenal side (which won the game). He scored in the semi of the Champions League against Juventus.

The facts remain that Giggs achievements dwarf everyone else in the Premier League era. Until you can tell me Bale has done the same, then this is a ridiculous argument.

So Giggs is better than Ronaldo?

dave80 he destroyed inter at white hart lane too.

and he has 6 career goals against arsenal. I  am sure you would agree arsenal v spurs is a big game against a top 4 side.

Spurs lost the tie though, so ultimately it counts for nothing.

How many of Bale's goals for Spurs won them the game?

So Giggs is better than Ronaldo?

Yes. He's the greatest player in Premier League history.

Â