The VT Musicians Thread

GarethRDR

I reckon that is excellent; it's got some energy which is a priceless attribute. Personally  - particularly like the bass player who already has worked out how to drop in and out (less is better unless you are Leland Sklar !) I have played with bass players with years of experience who could not seem to do this.

Great vocals too  - you must be very proud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a few months since I've finished something but I finally got around to it this past weekend. Its more pretend film score but this time, the theme is space. The story I had in my head when I composed it...

"Adrift and alone for weeks, the remaining survivor of a disaster on board a deep space research vessel awakens to the sight of the approaching rescue ship" 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2016 at 13:16, Sie said:

Its been a few months since I've finished something but I finally got around to it this past weekend. Its more pretend film score but this time, the theme is space. The story I had in my head when I composed it...

"Adrift and alone for weeks, the remaining survivor of a disaster on board a deep space research vessel awakens to the sight of the approaching rescue ship" 

I assume that was all done electronically, but it sounds convincingly orchestral. I like it a lot.

Well, after reconsidering my poor efforts I thought it best to remove it . But .... here it is again; please don't laugh.

Fortunately you can't see me  - but very pleased with sound of my TAMA kit considering it is only birch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veloman said:

Well, after reconsidering my poor efforts I thought it best to remove it . But .... here it is again; please don't laugh.

Fortunately you can't see me  - but very pleased with sound of my TAMA kit considering it is only birch.

Nothing to be ashamed of there, bike man. When was it recorded? 

Edited by mjmooney

October 2015. My daughter's 30th - that is my son in law on vocals. We had about 6 rehearsals and had a set list of 6 numbers :- Alright Now; The Hunter (Pacific Gas and Electric); Rebel Rebel ; Sweet Home Alabama and Highway to Hell. It would take me ages to get back to a decent standard and I am too wrapped up in bike racing  to practise properly !  

I posted the studio recording of this song on VT some years ago, to generally positive reactions. Here's a live version from about 1984. Apologies to US VTers for the opening remarks - it was in the context of Reagan and 'star wars'/Greenham Common, all that stuff. "Dear Sir or Madman", by Warp Factor Five. Some hamfisted video editing, but never mind, it's a museum piece.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

mooney= joe strummer? 

I guess the lyrics were along those lines. The studio version was heavily influenced by Neil Young and The Doors. 

The really embarrassing thing is looking at that video and realising how much I looked like **** ing Morrissey! :)

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I guess the lyrics were along those lines. The studio version was heavily influenced by Neil Young and The Doors. 

The really embarrassing thing is looking at that video and realising how much I looked like **** ing Morrissey! :)

flowers in the back pocket and you would of been the spit :) you actually made an album then?

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

flowers in the back pocket and you would of been the spit :) you actually made an album then?

Sort of. We recorded 6 or 7 songs in a pro 24 track studio, plus a few others at 'home' and some live recordings - but it never existed as a professional CD or LP. I have digital recordings recovered from casette - Tonyh29 has a copy and says nice things about it! 

Â