The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think the very public sector type interview process we seem to be going for has made the club look amateur, old fashioned and somewhat desperate with both GEDs appointment and now ECKs

Why not do it out of the media glare

The most important person at a club is the manager, you've got to get that appointment right. MON was good, the other two not so good. But I don't see any compelling evidence to suggest Randy is worse than any other PL chairman in that respect.

thats true every Premier League chairman has hired a dud or two in their time. Levy and Abramovich are two high profile examples

The most important person at a club is the manager, you've got to get that appointment right. MON was good, the other two not so good. But I don't see any compelling evidence to suggest Randy is worse than any other PL chairman in that respect.

thats true every Premier League chairman has hired a dud or two in their time. Levy and Abramovich are two high profile examples

But two duds in a row? They have usually replaced a dud with a guddun?

MON and Houllier?

MON and Houllier?

Mmmmm I think that MON's appointment is in the same bracket as the bycycle kick and someone will be claiming that one as their doing?

No, not really.

Hang on a minute, old doug appointed MON. I'm sure MON knew we were about to be taken over though and there would be money to spend, hence taking the job.

Houllier was a disastrous appointment in both how it was handled and the outcome, but we have been here, done that already.

McLeish's appointment was also handled very badly with the debacle over McClaren and Martinez, his tenure might not turn out that bad though, it is still early days.

Both appointments were handled by Paul Faulkner I think, but correct me if I'm wrong. He's the real problem at the club in my opinion, as A) he is Randy's mate B) he is a "yes man" and C) he is way, way, way out of his depth. However because of the first two, he is here to stay.

MON and Houllier?

Didnt Spurs have Hoddle, Pleat, santini, Jol and Ramos in succession

Where is General Krulak? Literally heard nothing from him or Villa since he was going on about the very minimum he can see us finishing this season is 9th and highest he can see us finishing is 4th. Has he been in contact with any of the mods/admins since that thread was closed? Wonder if he and Randy share the same thoughts. Not surprised attendance is falling rapidly, a lot of money to watch poor football, a board and fanbase that are on different planets, lack of communication, and the uncertainty of if we are now to just accept mid table mediocrity as it comes... again.

"Image what he could do if backed by a chairman like Randy." Krulak on McLiesh.

That classic line, a dream? Imagine what he could be like if not being backed by a chairman like Randy is the reality!

We don't know if the board are now just happy to keep the club ticking over in the premier league, playing in the positions from 17 to 7. Even competitions like the league cup are becoming harder to compete in, with Man City's reserves better than most teams in the prem, Liverpool putting out full strength squads knowing it may be even one of there only chances of silverware. I'm beginning to feel some major discontent with prem football overall at the moment. Whats our plan? Do we have one? That letter sent out to ST holders a couple of months back, didn't come close to answering that, while Paul Faulkner makes sure Jack Woodward does not ask him that question directly on AVTV.

Well, yes. But it was fun having a good go at getting in the CL - not many were complaining at the amounts spent - a few wanted us to spend more, nobody said they wanted us to spend less. Now we're doing the sensible thing, as we failed to qualify we need to cut back.

Well, yes. But it was fun having a good go at getting in the CL - not many were complaining at the amounts spent - a few wanted us to spend more, nobody said they wanted us to spend less. Now we're doing the sensible thing, as we failed to qualify we need to cut back.

Thats because we as fans didn't know it would end so abruptly and see MON walk and houllier and mcleish appointed.

None of the other linked names at the time seem to be doing very well though - Sven and McLaren sacked from Championship clubs, Martinez - down at the foot of the table and Jol - not doing brilliant things with Fulham either.

Thats because we as fans didn't know it would end so abruptly and see MON walk and houllier and mcleish appointed.

That's the problem, fans think clubs can just go on and on spending beyond their means.

That's the problem, fans think clubs can just go on and on spending beyond their means.

Or fans might trust the people in charge to know what they're doing. Fans might just trust their new billionnaire owner who is releasing lots of pr about the wonderful future to have a long term plan that isn't spend a shit load, hope for the best and then become a nothing club if it doesn't come off.

Or fans might trust the people in charge to know what they're doing. Fans might just trust their new billionnaire owner who is releasing lots of pr about the wonderful future to have a long term plan that isn't spend a shit load, hope for the best and then become a nothing club if it doesn't come off.

If we hadn't spent loads people would have complained about that.

Which club have been consistently getting it right anyway? Who is a good chairman?

If we hadn't spent loads people would have complained about that.

Which club have been consistently getting it right anyway? Who is a good chairman?

I've read this a couple of times now.

We'd just come from years of doug and you think people would have complained if we hadn't ridiculously over spent and put our wage bill on a level that was killing the club? Really?

The whole pr bullshit he and the general first spouted once he got control wouldn't have helped the situation.

Â