The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think Lerner will attach some conditions to the sale, like no name change, no colors change, etc. "Stewardship", and all...

Yeah I think he'd do that too. I don't dislike the bloke at all, I think  as a chairman he genuinely has had the clubs best interests at heart. He's just made some awful mistakes and had to learn some things the hard way. I imagine he himself now knows he's not up to the job of owning a Premier League team. 

Spot on!

and how much more from merchandising? How much more from ticket sales as my definition of match day revenue is everything except the ticket

Its all classed as gate and match day income and spurs got £1 million more than us.

Yet Spurs make 50 million a year more in revenue.....

and how much more from merchandising? How much more from ticket sales as my definition of match day revenue is everything except the ticket

Its all classed as gate and match day income and spurs got £1 million more than us.
Where did you get them figures? Not saying you are wrong but it is hard to believe considering their prices and the fact attendances are broadly level. Edited by lp_villa830

That's great but you were blaming the fans and what you called pathetic attendences.

Where did you get them figures? Not saying you are wrong but it is hard to believe considering their prices and the fact attendances are broadly level.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

• Like 1

That's great but you were blaming the fans and what you called pathetic attendences.

I still stand by that and as I said its to do with the product that say a sponsor would want to invest In. Crap attendances with booing fans does not look like an appealing investment.

Also Like the guy above says I think a million sounds too low and I still think we would have more of a case if we had bigger attendances at more expensive prices. We don't have the competition of so many clubs as London so we should be selling out easily as the biggest club in the midlands.

Where did you get them figures? Not saying you are wrong but it is hard to believe considering their prices and the fact attendances are broadly level.
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt
I looked up the accounts after reading that as their is a massive discrepancy in the 3 incomes listed and overall turnover, much larger than any other clubs. Anyway according the spurs 2012 accounts listed here.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/investor-relations/annual-reports/

Revenue from matchday was about £28m and then a furthur £35m in sponsorship and corporate hospitality.

Edited by lp_villa830

Spurs are just a bigger club than us at the end of the day.

We won't be able to compete with them under Financial 'Fair' Play.

However in the same way clubs like Stoke and Hull should not be able to compete with us.

Pat murphy

Paul Faulkner CEO of @AVFCOfficial has just told me he's spoken to Randy Lerner,who's rubbished stories that he's looking to sell up.

Maybe he's denied LOOKING to sell up as he has stopped looking and has found a buyer. I mean once I put my house up for sale I'm no longer looking to sell but am selling.

• Like 1

I think Lerner will attach some conditions to the sale, like no name change, no colors change, etc. "Stewardship", and all...

Yeah I think he'd do that too. I don't dislike the bloke at all, I think  as a chairman he genuinely has had the clubs best interests at heart. He's just made some awful mistakes and had to learn some things the hard way. I imagine he himself now knows he's not up to the job of owning a Premier League team. 

I agree with PieFacE. I think he bought the club with the best intentions but the footballing landscape has changed and he's realised he's out of his depth.

I don't dislike Lerner - overall he's done more for this club in his short term as owner than HDE did (the appointment of AM apart). We tried to gatecrash the top 4 for a couple of seasons but as other posters have said it's a sad reflection that a club of our size has flirted with relegation for 3 seasons in a row and may possibly do so again this season.

• Like 2

Pat murphy

Paul Faulkner CEO of @AVFCOfficial has just told me he's spoken to Randy Lerner,who's rubbished stories that he's looking to sell up.

Maybe he's denied LOOKING to sell up as he has stopped looking and has found a buyer. I mean once I put my house up for sale I'm no longer looking to sell but am selling.

loving the optimism.

However in the same way clubs like Stoke and Hull should not be able to compete with us.

What do you mean "should not"? As much as I'd like us to be miles ahead of them, we don't have a God-given right to always be above them.

What do you mean "should not"? As much as I'd like us to be miles ahead of them, we don't have a God-given right to always be above them.

To be fair, he is talking about a financial platform, not league position.

To be fair, he is talking about a financial platform, not league position.

My point still stands. I don't see why we "should" always be spending more than them. While I agree that we should have the capacity to spend more it's not always necessary to do so. If for example we spent £30m this summer I'd be very happy with that, regardless of whether Stoke and Hull spent £5m or £50m.

I assume financially and I guess that's correct and if we had more people turning up and spending money we would be able to compete with the evertons of this world.

You need to address your product before you have "people turning up".

• Like 4

I assume financially and I guess that's correct and if we had more people turning up and spending money we would be able to compete with the evertons of this world.

You need to address your product before you have "people turning up".

Consider it early adopting for investment into a future product :-)

Otherwise it's Catch 22

Â