Paul Lambert

Pilchard

The team was a mess. He has had to totally rebuild the complete starting 11 (give or take 1-2) within a few weeks when he was appointed. This was never going to be an over night job and staying up was going to be a mircale from the off. If we manage it then i would give put him on a open top bus and parade him round Birmingham.

Don't remember people thinking this at the start of the season.

Just shows the change in attitude to defend such rubbish.

Agree.

Mcleish (a manager who we all hated) stayed up with a very similar side last year.

We shouldn't be where we are, and much of our troubles have been down to the ridiculous formations and tactics employed by Lambert.

His formations, treatment of our senior players, transfer targets, performances (especially in the final 10 minutes) and first team selections - not to mention his results! - are cause for great concern. He has not lived up to his reputation and, imo, is not deserving of the leeway given to him by many fans that previous managers simply did not enjoy.

The deflection away from the football being served up and onto the board (particularly Lerner) is quite laughable. Lerner has played his part, certainly, but none of the things mentioned in my opening paragraph have anything to do with him.

That said, Lambert deserves time. If he is to be the manager to change our style of football (something he is trying to do) and build a squad for the future, he should be given the chance to bring it to fruition.

The trouble with Lambert's idear of building a team for the future is that he should take care of the present first !

also I can not understand his attitude of not playing any of the older players ? even to help the younger ones a bit.FFS ManUre still play Giggs and look where they are ? a million miles above us.

His formations, treatment of our senior players, transfer targets, performances (especially in the final 10 minutes) and first team selections - not to mention his results! - are cause for great concern. He has not lived up to his reputation and, imo, is not deserving of the leeway given to him by many fans that previous managers simply did not enjoy.

The deflection away from the football being served up and onto the board (particularly Lerner) is quite laughable. Lerner has played his part, certainly, but none of the things mentioned in my opening paragraph have anything to do with him.

That said, Lambert deserves time. If he is to be the manager to change our style of football (something he is trying to do) and build a squad for the future, he should be given the chance to bring it to fruition.

The trouble with Lambert's idear of building a team for the future is that he should take care of the present first !

also I can not understand his attitude of not playing any of the older players ? even to help the younger ones a bit.FFS ManUre still play Giggs and look where they are ? a million miles above us.

Agree.

The changes were too much, too quickly. Though a lot of the changes were out of Lambert's hands; Petrov & Dunne being the main examples.

Its entirely up to him, who he picks to play on a saturday, and picking the younger players ahead of players like Bent etc in the situation we are in is asking for trouble.On top of that, what about the signings he is making ?! It would be nice to sign a player that is good enough for the PL now,not in 3-4 years time.  

What I can't understand - tonight Delph, whose been one of better players recently. Hes one booking away from missing the two most crucial games of the season......with the game probably gone .....why on earth not sub him ?  .....then he gets booked in the 93rd .......

I try to defend Lambert but that's rank amateur IMO

What I can't understand - tonight Delph, whose been one of better players recently. Hes one booking away from missing the two most crucial games of the season......with the game probably gone .....why on earth not sub him ?  .....then he gets booked in the 93rd .......

He's tactically clueless.

You're tactically clueless. Funny that is what he is reputedly not clueless about. 

You're tactically clueless. Funny that is what he is reputedly not clueless about. 

Err what?

He has signed players in Jan who offer NOTHING in terms of changing the game round.. I blame the chairman and of course Lambert for this.

I fear for the Reading and QPR games I really do.

Surely you'd look more at Lerner? Lambert was bemoaning having no money? Good players cost money? 

Anyway. Looks like we've been playing well for a while now, since January, since those NOTHING signings came in. At least we're competitive, which gives me more than a little hope for the Reading and QPR games. 

was 1-0. game was never lost to take off our best players

Edited by Zatman

Err what?

What Smetrov said has nothing to do with tactics, and you come up with that nonsense. I rate Lambert, I think he's the best manager we've had in ages. The job he's got to do with the finances and how we've been and the squad he inherited is one of the most difficult out there. We'll be ok long term with him and I think we've got a very good chance of staying up. I've seen every game this season and apart from over christmas we are not as bad as people make out.

In my opinion some of you guys can't help a moan and you come up with some proper tripe, over and over and over. It's boring. Support the **** team. We played well today against Man City - we weren't amazing but there's enough going on at the moment that makes me think that we'd all be better off trying to be positive and getting behind the team until they come out of what has been a tough period for a young team, who are learning and improving. 

Yes it is. Tactics isn't just about formations.

Best manager we've had in ages? Why do people keep saying this? What is the appeal with Paul Lambert?

I don't believe anyone here isn't supporting the team. Jesus Christ Lambert is not the club. Criticising him isn't criticism of the club in general.

Problem is we won't be competitive against Reading and QPR. Neither Lambert nor the players have the mental strength in the games that really count.

I also think mental strength is something Lambert is doing well with. The shit he has to put right! He's got a philosophy and he's sticking with it. Going with the youth, he's stood by that. There's nothing wrong with his mental strength. You say such needless, sad sad things. We were good tonight. Stop being a dick. Support the team. 

• Like 2

was 1-0. game was never lost to take off our best players

I just would have really popped sylla on for 20 mins - the worst that could happen - we loose 2-0 or maybe 3-0 ?

As it is we lost anyway, and lost a key player for 2 crucial matches.

Problem is we won't be competitive against Reading and QPR. Neither Lambert nor the players have the mental strength in the games that really count.

I also think mental strength is something Lambert is doing well with. The shit he has to put right! He's got a philosophy and he's sticking with it. Going with the youth, he's stood by that. There's nothing wrong with his mental strength. You say such needless, sad sad things. We were good tonight. Stop being a dick. Support the team. 

Clearly not. There's sticking to your guns and then there's just being stubborn. Lambert appears to be the latter. Sorry if I don't buy into this cult of personality.

Support the team? Since when is criticising Lambert not supporting the team? Jesus **** Christ it's **** pathetic that anyone criticisng St Paul is automatically being accused of "not supporting the team".

Edited by Mantis