Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Because warnock and hutton are so awesome?? every fan wanted them gone - so yeah he did. Again prob not his first choices. Not enough money for those.

Who are they then?? name them

Because Lowton and Bennett are so much better?

Diame, Nzonzi, Snodgrass are all people that should have been on his radar in the summer.

How much was Bennett ?

How much was el Ahmadi ?

Millions spunked on that crap

About £6m

He could have popped down to Sutton Town/Romulus and found two better players

the defence is over worked as teams waltz through the midfield at will. Do you watch any of our games or do you supply analysis to Paul Lambert because he too cannot see our midfield problems

the defence is over-worked because they don't help the midfield keep possession.

when the defence has possession they give it straight back to the opposition, rather to our midfield.

our defence kicks 52% of our long balls but they are only 50% accurate - nearer 30-40% accurate for our WBs.

they are constantly giving away possession where as they could be keeping it and giving it to the midfield to do something more intelligent with.

Man Utd's defence only kicks 36% of their long balls which tells you where the problem is.

How much was Bennett ?

How much was el Ahmadi ?

Millions spunked on that crap

Im still not convinced Vlaar and Westwood are particularly great either.

The less said about Bowery the better. A real pointless signing

the defence is over-worked because they don't help the midfield keep possession.

when the defence has possession they give it straight back to the opposition, rather to our midfield.

our defence kicks 52% of our long balls but they are only 50% accurate - nearer 30-40% accurate for our WBs.

they are constantly giving away possession where as they could be keeping it and giving it to the midfield to do something more intelligent with.

Man Utd's defence only kicks 36% of their long balls which tells you where the problem is.

Our midfield goes sideways and backwards

Where is our next win comming from ?

Where is our next 3 points comming from ?

We won't beat Newcastle cause we are shit at home, and not much better away.

I can't see us breaking 30 points this year

Our midfield goes sideways and backwards

They are being patient, waiting for an opportunity to make an attacking pass.

The problem is the defence is impatient, and doesn't give them the ball back to make that attacking pass.

34% of Bannan and Westwood's passes are backwards. That's not excessive.

Let's compare shall we?

36% of Dembele's, 35.7% of Gerrard's and 37.6% of Cleverley's passes go backwards.

Your criticism is a non-criticism.

I wouldn't blame our CMs for passing backwards more often - perhaps they don't because they are used to the defenders not giving it to them back.

I think we'll end up dead last and be relegated with at least 2-3 game to go, scoring the least amount of goal of all teams and conceding the most.

Our team and manager appeare mentally broken and we have an owner who doesn't seem to be bothered by this.

IMO only Reading can spare us from humiliation of finishing last, but i do think they'll have more pride and fight in them in the end

Im still not convinced Vlaar and Westwood are particularly great either.

The less said about Bowery the better. A real pointless signing

The Bowery signing is a mystery, why sign a Div 4 striker with a shocking goals per game ratio (1 in 10 at Div 4 level)

As for Lowton after a promising start he now looks as useless as Bennett

The problem is the defence is impatient, and doesn't give them the ball back to make that attacking pass.

Let's compare shall we?

36% of Dembele's, 35.7% of Gerrard's and 37.6% of Cleverley's passes go backwards.

I wouldn't blame our CMs for passing backwards more often - perhaps they don't because they are used to the defenders not giving it to them back.

Im being patient. Its nearly February and Bannan Delph westwood KEA and Ireland are still playing ship.

Let's compare shall we?

Can you conjure up some statistics on the movement of our midfielders?

How good are they at finding open areas after passing the ball?  Is there a reason why the defenders are not giving the ball back to them

Edited by sne

Im being patient. Its nearly February and Bannan Delph westwood KEA and Ireland are still playing ship.

I'm not blaming the midfield. 

We could strengthen there of course but with better organisation and a more disciplined defence behind them, they'd at least take us to mid-table.

The Lowton/Bennett experiment is really letting us down. So wasteful of possession.

True. But only Benteke has proved a success out of all the signings

I think its a real spectrum between “Good” through to “Poor”.

I don’t think any of them bar Benteke can be qualified as successful, but I don’t think IMO you can just write any of them off. Having witnessed Petrov’s first season; brilliant on his debut and then frankly mediocre for the reason of the season. He was a player in today’s money that would have been bought for £10 or so million. 

What many of the young signings need is some resolve and professionalism shown by the seniors, both on and off the pitch. Players like Hutton, Warnock, Ireland and N’Zgobia hardly fill me with confidence of a great path being set out for them.

If we could sign one player it would be the equivalent of Dave Mackay

I can see Lambert as a long term solution despite playing only on Championship level. Lerner seems not to be a billionaire spending big after trying-to-achieve-CL episode. If it is truth, it will be useful to run Villa as a business, which means to achieve costs vs. incomes at least at zero level if not profitable. This should be the basic thing we as a fans have to accept.

re Lambert - he proved that he can build a low cost team at admirable level of competition, he brought Norwich to PL, they played on acceptable level in PL. So the main issue for him still is to get rid of high wages spenders left from previuos regimes and to build a new team on youth and hungry players (who obviously are not yet prepared to play at PL level). Hence the relegation is possible and everything else will be a miracle on pitch this season.

But even in Chamionships, with young players, I will be Villa fan trusting Lambert to bring us back to PL at sustainable costs. He bought several players who he trust they can play his style of football but there are still players who are not technically gifted enough to be here (mistakes of previous managers). To be fair, Beneteke, Westwood, Lowton and also El Ahmadi (do not crucify me please) are technicaly good enough for his style of play. Even Bennett seems to be good with technique but on the other hand it seems he can not defend which should be his prime role. But with Vlaar and counting Guzan as a long term number one and Andi Weimann as a lonely Villa player with football brain, we have 8 relatively Lambert's players usable to his wanted style of play. Still needing another three for starting eleven.

To be fair, I can not see Lambert wanting Given, Marshall, Hutton, Warnock, Stevens, Lichaj, Ireland, Albrighton, Makoun, Bannan, Bent, Holman and Delfouneso to continue with new contracts (deadwoods). They will be traded or run their contract out. There are still one year for Baker, Clark, NZogbia, Delph and Herd to prove their squad role but imho: Clark only as DMC (no way he will be good as a CB, too weak, too self-conscious), Baker as a strong CB, NZogbia as a winger (is Lambert fan of wingers?), Delph only as an AMC and Herd as a DMC.

Our current problem for Lambert is that he is missing big strong DMCs (Clark and Herd should prove themselves), missing AMC or creative midfielders (step up Delph please), missing wingers (step up NZogbia please - fresh breath of his last two games is here) and above-average CB.

• Like 1