Paul Lambert

Pilchard

At half-time today, my patience finally ran out. I want Lambert to be sacked. I've been hoping for quite a while that we'll eventually turn a corner, but I've now reached the point that I've given up and have accepted the inevitable fate of relegation. Some of the decisions made this season have been truly baffling:

• Selling 2 experienced CB's in the summer and only signing 1.
  • Going into the season with 3 fit CB's (2 of them very much untested in the Premier League). It was obvious that Dunne was going to be out for a long time as well.
  • Wasting £6m on signing 2 fullbacks when neither of them were a priority position (we already had 4).
  • Completely bombing out both Hutton and Warnock even though we're paying their wages. We definitely could've done with taking some of our younger players out of the firing line and maybe playing one of these. They honestly can't have done any worse.
  • Not noticing that we needed a ball winning midfielder, and at least 1 winger.
  • El Ahmadi.
  • His stubborn persistence playing formations that aren't working (diamond earlier in the season and 3 at the back).
  • Making Bent captain and then removing it 3 weeks later.
  • Finding a way to stop Darren Bent scoring goals.
  • The embarrassing Xmas period.

I agree with people complaining about Lerner and the way he has run this football club over the last few years. I still think, however, that Lambert was given enough resources in the summer to keep this team away from relegation (around 11th-15th). It quite clearly isn't working. I honestly don't know why the fans are being so patient with him. I can only assume it's because he followed McLeish.

Spot on.

Get Lambert out before its too late.

If people expected this season to be a struggle then surely one consequence of that is that we would be battling against relegation, or else why would it be a struggle, we would be safe all year!

I guess like yourself I knew it was going to be a rocky season where we would be floating around and just above the relegation area throughtout on the basis of acceptment knowing we would strengthen again in January to dampen any doubt.

I know theres still 19 days left of the window but at the min that doubt is getting more and more intense each day that passes with no activity.

"Listen I can't fault them for that second half. They were relentless. We had loads of chances."

Yes Paul thats right. WE'VE GOT TO TAKE OUR **** CHANCES.

It's all good saying we're creating them but when you haven't scored at home in the premier league since November something is wrong...

I guess like yourself I knew it was going to be a rocky season where we would be floating around and just above the relegation area throughtout on the basis of acceptment knowing we would strengthen again in January to dampen any doubt.

I know theres still 19 days left of the window but at the min that doubt is getting more and more intense each day that passes with no activity.

im with you there

We've got 1 point from 12 at home with no goals scored.

In our last 6 matches at home we have scored 1 goal.

Truly horrendous.

We're even worse at home than we are away.

Why is this anyway? It's been like it for years.

Richard, you used to be one of, if not THE, most vocal critics of Lerner until you got some ITK information in the summer concerning his future plans for the club.

Though you haven't been defending Lerner recently, neither have you returned back to your intense criticism of him, I just wanted to know why that is? I thought a big reason you were defending Lerner was because he was going to back Lambert financially in a big way, but I don't think I've seen you disagree with what Hairy Hands has been claiming over the last week, so why aren't you criticising Lerner more if it turns out he's pulling the plug on transfer investment?

Basically, I'm just praying that you know something we don't and we're going to be pleasantly surprised by the end of the transfer window. Call it wishful thinking, I just would have expected you to return to your old critical ways (and quite rightly).

Richard, you used to be one of, if not THE, most vocal critics of Lerner until you got some ITK information in the summer concerning his future plans for the club.

Though you haven't been defending Lerner recently, neither have you returned back to your intense criticism of him, I just wanted to know why that is? I thought a big reason you were defending Lerner was because he was going to back Lambert financially in a big way, but I don't think I've seen you disagree with what Hairy Hands has been claiming over the last week, so why aren't you criticising Lerner more if it turns out he's pulling the plug on transfer investment?

Basically, I'm just praying that you know something we don't and we're going to be pleasantly surprised by the end of the transfer window. Call it wishful thinking, I just would have expected you to return to your old critical ways (and quite rightly).

i guess part of the reason why I have not gone totally back to the way you suggested (and it wouldn't take much, I was the first on here!) may have something to do with the fact I don't want to have been wrong in interpreting what I was led to believe , that I once again fell for something that I believed I wouldn't again! Two weeks to go, I'm prepared to be at the front with my pitch fork by the way. More hope than expectation now though I think.

People keep waiting for improvement but I'm now of the opinion it won't get any better while Lambert is here

He's taken the club in a terrible direction

Wrong, our owner has taken the club in a terrible direction and Lambert is doing his best to steer it back on course again....

Wrong, our owner has taken the club in a terrible direction and Lambert is doing his best to steer it back on course again....

No he's not. He's signed crap players and employs awful tactics

He's also treated Bent dreadfully

Useless manager

• Like 1

i guess part of the reason why I have not gone totally back to the way you suggested (and it wouldn't take much, I was the first on here!) may have something to do with the fact I don't want to have been wrong in interpreting what I was led to believe , that I once again fell for something that I believed I wouldn't again! Two weeks to go, I'm prepared to be at the front with my pitch fork by the way. More hope than expectation now though I think.

Fair enough. Have you talked to your source recently concerning spending in the transfer window or the future of the club?

I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes but Lerner seems hell bent on gutting this club of big earners when truth is since MON walked out he has made 2 appalling managerial appointments in Houllier & McLeish and has paid hefty compensation to both, and hasn't pumped the money back into the club from the sale of an entire England midfield, Lerner is to blame for the shambles that Villa are at present.