Paul Lambert

Pilchard

exactly the same set of circumstances or expectations at the villa? I think not. Spurs for example had a great squad for redknapp to fall on his feet and inherit . Ramos was just a shockingly bad manager for them

norwich had just lost 7-1 to lamberts colchester, their squad had suffered relegation from the championship, he came in and turned them round, when coyle turned up at bolton they used the same players and redknap had the same players ramos had and he turned them around.

it is not just the players it is down to tactics, the confidence instilled into them, formations.

thats why they practice 4 days per week, fitness and tactics are the basics

just because we are aston villa doesnt make our plight any different to anyone elses so doesnt makes norwichs turn around under lambert or bolton under coyle ( for the first season) or redknap with spurz any different, they all had teams not playing well and turned them around.

Last 15 mins of the spurs game, the Holte were united in singing "Paul Lamberts C&B army"

We should stick with Lambert even if we go down IMHO, I can think of no better manager to bring us straight back up

So we award failure.

There is a difference when you walk into a job and have Bale and Modric to pick in your midfield, compared to Bannan and Herd on day 1.

without being picky here

modric had just signed for spurz and was not a good player in his first season and had not settled at all, bale also, did not feature in more than 9 league games all season under redknap

and also just to mention, lambert had the summer to buy what ever players he wanted to

however im now going away from the original point which was it is not unrealistic for a manager to go into a club and turn it around quickly

norwich had just lost 7-1 to lamberts colchester, their squad had suffered relegation from the championship, he came in and turned them round, when coyle turned up at bolton they used the same players and redknap had the same players ramos had and he turned them around.

it is not just the players it is down to tactics, the confidence instilled into them, formations.

thats why they practice 4 days per week, fitness and tactics are the basics

just because we are aston villa doesnt make our plight any different to anyone elses so doesnt makes norwichs turn around under lambert or bolton under coyle ( for the first season) or redknap with spurz any different, they all had teams not playing well and turned them around.

Where are Bolton now? It was all well and good for the short term but Lambert has stated its about the long term. Look at the said that redknapp inherited. How are you even comparing this with the one Lambert had? It's completely different circumstances. You could do better comparing us with qpr when Hughes took over there.

Last season we finished 16th, we are currently 16th and thats with having to reduce the wage bill. If we finished 16th hen in my eyes we can then start to rebuild again. It's about stopping the rot, going from 6th to 9th to 16th.

without being picky here

modric had just signed for spurz and was not a good player in his first season and had not settled at all, bale also, did not feature in more than 9 league games all season under redknap

and also just to mention, lambert had the summer to buy what ever players he wanted to

however im now going away from the original point which was it is not unrealistic for a manager to go into a club and turn it around quickly

Buy whatever players he wanted to?

This comparison to last season and "Mcleish never broke this record or that record, we are worse now" nonsense is just that for me, nonsense. You cannot compare the two.

Mcleish as manager of this club never looked to progress or move us forward, he never had long term strategic thinking. He was basically looking to tread water and this s evidenced by his tactics basically playing 7 or 8 defenders or defensively minded players in some matches and defensive containing tactics which were incredibly regressive and depressing. Tactics that many fans said they never wanted to see again. The fact that we didn't get tonked more often and by bigger margins down to luck and his basically stifling approach which would never have progressed us as a club.

Lambert has come in and is trying to progress the team and move us forward.

Now people will say "but the goalscoring is shit too" . A change of tactics does not mean we will immediately win every game 5 nil or that it will happen overnight. It will also result in ups and downs and us getting well beaten in some games. It will, however, mean long term lasting changes to the team and the club and the way we play and that is something I have wanted since before mon came

Where are Bolton now? It was all well and good for the short term but Lambert has stated its about the long term. Look at the said that redknapp inherited. How are you even comparing this with the one Lambert had? It's completely different circumstances. You could do better comparing us with qpr when Hughes took over there.

Last season we finished 16th, we are currently 16th and thats with having to reduce the wage bill. If we finished 16th hen in my eyes we can then start to rebuild again. It's about stopping the rot, going from 6th to 9th to 16th.

who cares where they are now? when he fiorst came in that first season when bolton were at the bottom he turned them round and got them in the top half, which was my point, that it CAN be quickly turned around.

if you want to then point at a long term then ask another question rather than tack your point onto a completely different question

I think if you look at my first post then the wreckage and ashes Lambert inherrited is framed in a fair historical context that shows how large his task is.

Spurs were a good side, Bolton eventually went down and Norwich should have walked their league which is what they did. We need to survive and build, build, build.

He has not the ground running is an understatement, i am sorry but the record so far is shocking, some of you are preaching about give him time, WTF, how much more time, when he has wasted, sorry spent more money on some young prospect from the Blue Square league, come on, FFS, get real, no result against Wigan and he should walk.

total bollocks. he's been brought in to do a rebuilding job, he's totally changed the playing staff and gone for youth and to try and do it the right way. if he'd have been concerned ONLY with the short term, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bought the players he's bought or brought so many of the academy lads through together. he'd have bought 2 or 3 players. played defensively on the counter with all the same old faces and played it safe. he'd have had more success at that than mcleish i reckon but who the **** wanted that?

i'll take another couple of batterings from big clubs no problems as long as the LONG TERM interests of the club are being taken care of, and i have the patience to wait a coupel of years to see how this pans out.

who cares where they are now? when he fiorst came in that first season when bolton were at the bottom he turned them round and got them in the top half, which was my point, that it CAN be quickly turned around.

if you want to then point at a long term then ask another question rather than tack your point onto a completely different question

Great, so we could have a manager come in, take us to top half and get relegated the following season. Yes it can be done but under different circumstances. I'm not sure why you'd want that to happen. You've obviously missed the fact that we are pretty much rebuilding from scratch, except we're trying to do that by staying in the prem at the same time.

Well it obviously is for you. If it was that easy then why aren't we top of the league?

oh dear oh dear

unless you are suggesting he is not allowed to sign the players he wants , he signed the players he wanted to sign and was able to

he stated already that he could sign who he wanted to but would rather spend the money how he wants

unless of course he was also forced to say that?