Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Heres an idea, support another team mate. 

I do hate it when people post stuff like this. The whole basis of this site is that people support Villa, otherwise, they would be wasting their time posting here.

However irritating or bonkers you find their ideas, everyone is expressing their views as a fan, so comments like this are quite out of place and offensive.

Offensive in what way? Every post of his is a pop at Lambert but he half heartedly backs him but he hasn't got the backbone to actually come out and say he wants him gone which I'd actually give him more credit for.

I do hate it when people post stuff like this. The whole basis of this site is that people support Villa, otherwise, they would be wasting their time posting here.

However irritating or bonkers you find their ideas, everyone is expressing their views as a fan, so comments like this are quite out of place and offensive.

Offensive in what way? Every post of his is a pop at Lambert but he half heartedly backs him but he hasn't got the backbone to actually come out and say he wants him gone which I'd actually give him more credit for.

Because it is possible for me to 'sit on the fence regarding his management' isn't it? I've not called for him to go because I don't think he's done enough to be sacked so far this season. I've always said I'll wait until Christmas to judge what sort of progression is being made. How calling for him to go after 9 games is 'showing backbone' only shows what a moron you are.

• Like 1

Because it is possible for me to 'sit on the fence regarding his management' isn't it? I've not called for him to go because I don't think he's done enough to be sacked so far this season. I've always said I'll wait until Christmas to judge what sort of progression is being made. How calling for him to go after 9 games is 'showing backbone' only shows what a moron you are.

You criticise his signings, you say the win versus Man City wasn't morally correct, you then complain about possession in our other two wins. You then compare his football at home to McLeish saying theres not much improvement. Don't sit too much on that fence, you might fall off the other side. Also a question did you actually go and watch a game at VP with McLeish as manager?

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Your bored generally of Paul Lambert, so it would take a lot to please you anyway. Heres an idea, support another team mate. 

There's hardly a more pathetic response on a message board than this one. Are you like twelve?

Edit : meh not worth it

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 2

Your bored generally of Paul Lambert, so it would take a lot to please you anyway. Heres an idea, support another team mate. 

There's hardly a more pathetic response on a message board than this one. Are you like twelve?

Edit : meh not worth it

Actually not worth it.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

You criticise his signings, you say the win versus Man City wasn't morally correct, you then complain about possession in our other two wins. You then compare his football at home to McLeish saying theres not much improvement. Don't sit too much on that fence, you might fall off the other side. Also a question did you actually go and watch a game at VP with McLeish as manager?

I did yes.

I did yes.

So you went to every game under his regime and every one under the new one to tell the difference?

I think Lambert has been at Villa long enough to be judged.

It feels like two steps forward four back every step of the way, everytime I think we've turned a corner we find a new and more interesting way to lose. 

But is that down purely to Lambert, 'No'

is he worse than McCleish 'erm no' do we have all the facts to prove it yet 'yep'

are we playing well 'nope'

However if your comparing the last 3 months or so of last season to how we have started this season then I'd have to say that I think we were playing better at the back end of last season than we are now.

Another good point and one I'd agree with.

After an awful start last season some compared the end of mcleish's time with the start of Lambert's to show improvement, if I remember correctly VillaCas had a lovely graph he'd throw out to show this.

Now it seems we're comparing our start with last seasons start to show improvement.

That first week involved 2 losses but I still felt like we'd made big improvements. Since then though our performances have been pretty awful.

Don't worry I won't offend you by posting the chart again but it did clearly show that we had a slow improvement in form running up to Xmas, then a terrible period and then a gradual improvement where we were delivering mid-table form - overall this equalled a 15th place finish

Clearly we have had a tough set of fixtures to start the season playing the teams that finished 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th and 7th in our first nine games. This season, if you compare to the same fixtures as last season, we are 4 points better off - if we were to continue this form we would end up with 17 points more than last season - 58 points (would have been 8th place last year).

Obviously, things won't pan out as neatly as that, but it shows that again there is slow improvement - some people will be satifised with that and some people will be impatient and expect more rapid progress.

Personally, whilst I get as frustrated as anyone with individual results, I'm happy that we are still moving in the right direction.

I did yes.

So you went to every game under his regime and every one under the new one to tell the difference?

That's not what you originally asked though so why ask it in the first place?

I occasionally attend games and watch the rest on TV/stream. Like I say, I personally don't find our home games under Lambert much more enjoyable then they were under McLeish. This is a subjective matter. If you find our home games now much more entertaining then great. I'm not going to dispute with you on that.

People should be aware that last season, we didn't beat a top 8 side. We clearly struggle against the better teams. With the exception of Newcastle, all our home games have been against teams from last seasons (& probably this seasons) top 7. On paper, 3 points was to be expected & anything else a bonus. If we had drawn against Newcastle & taken points from 2 of the other sides, maybe the home points tally wouldn't look so bad.

I thought we did well against Everton on Saturday & created chances, more so than against Liverpool or Spurs - Or even Newcastle.

Maybe the next few games will give a truer indication of where we are in terms of progress? Around 12th is a definite improvement on last season.

People should be aware that last season, we didn't beat a top 8 side. We clearly struggle against the better teams. With the exception of Newcastle, all our home games have been against teams from last seasons (& probably this seasons) top 7. On paper, 3 points was to be expected & anything else a bonus. If we had drawn against Newcastle & taken points from 2 of the other sides, maybe the home points tally wouldn't look so bad.

I thought we did well against Everton on Saturday & created chances, more so than against Liverpool or Spurs - Or even Newcastle.

Maybe the next few games will give a truer indication of where we are in terms of progress? Around 12th is a definite improvement on last season.

We did actually beat Liverpool but in general I agree with your point

We did actually beat Liverpool but in general I agree with your point

Fair play- I forgot about that one

Put another way, from the same set of home fixtures last season, 0 points. Think Spurs was a lot closer this time around & Everton certainly knew they'd been in a game on Saturday

Fair play- I forgot about that one

Put another way, from the same set of home fixtures last season, 0 points. Think Spurs was a lot closer this time around & Everton certainly knew they'd been in a game on Saturday

I agree, to me we look more competitive this year.

We've been unlucky to lose Okore and have also been without Benteke for a spell.

The next five fixtures will be a benchmark - they only yielded 4 points for us last season but I expect us to take 7-9 this season

We are already 4 points up on the same fixtures as last year. Good enough progress for me

I support Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert. So please don't use strawman arguments like 'go and support another team'...

Yes Paul Lambert the manager of AVFC. We get it you don't like him, all this half hearted support is nonsense. But to label his football as not much different to McLeish shows your level of support. Did you ever physically go and watch a game under McLeish because your comment shows you never.

I don't see a great difference in the football either, on the whole it's still as **** dire as it was under him

I don't think we can expect more than 5-6 points from the next four games - the Premier League is just one of those crazy leagues where pretty much every game has the opportunity to hurt you. The only two outright bad teams so far have been Sunderland and Palace, and Sunderland might have just turned the corner in terms of form. It does the other teams around us something of a disservice to so roundly dismiss them.

Doesn't stop me hoping for twelve points though.

Edited by LordSepulchrave

Think Spurs was a lot closer this time around & Everton certainly knew they'd been in a game on Saturday

Well that'll count for a MASSIVE amount come May. Excellent work Paul

Our GD was a big problem last season.