Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Yes

Good start.

So given the fact you have said the squad Lambert inherited was poor and that Lerner's decision making is to blame for that. Are you still going to argue that our poor defensive record and home record has nothing to do with the owner?

So are we to congratulate Mr Bendall for creating such a miserly Defence at Williams, Evans, McNaught & Swain

So Lerner is to blame for the squad being poor but that had absolutely no link to us having a poor defence?

How does that work?

This post sums it up best for me

Its so frustrating. Why can't people understand that a number of factors can contribute to bad things. Not just one person. 

So Lerner is to blame for the squad being poor but that had absolutely no link to us having a poor defence?

How does that work?

This post sums it up best for me

Its so frustrating. Why can't people understand that a number of factors can contribute to bad things. Not just one person.

Haha

You're the one who in the other thread blamed the defence soley on Lambert. I was the one saying it was more than one.

Haha

There must, MUST be a reason (or reasons) why we seem to start games so poorly. It's been going on for so long now that I've come to expect it. I'd be interested to hear Lambert's thoughts on this and what is being done to address it.

Edited by JB

But he isn't solely to blame for the defence. The actual players have to take some of the responsibility too.

You mean the poor squad he was left with or the players he purchased with a limited budget?

Lerner isn't the one that decides who to sign or which parts of the squad to buy players for.

But he isn't solely to blame for the defence. The actual players have to take some of the responsibility too.

Who built said defence?

Lambert of course, but are the players not also responsible for their own performances?

We'll be okay guys. Take it easy.

If Andi had squared it to Gabby or Gabby made a reasonable effort on goal or Luna shot instead of passed, it would be a different game. We're still creating more chances

Eventually our chances will convert. Don't lose your head yet.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 2

Who built said defence?

Lambert of course, but are the players not also responsible for their own performances?

Indeed, but they are supposed to be young and hungry! Perhaps that isn't enough.

Who built said defence?

Indeed, but they are supposed to be young and hungry! Perhaps that isn't enough.

Young players make mistakes. They also tend to become older payers with more experience as time passes