Song for the Villa

LancsVillan

Song for the Villa  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Song for the Villa

• Ride of the Valkyries (aka "that bit from Apocalypse now")
    • Spizz - the sun never sets on aston villa
    • hurricanne smith - theme to an unnamed silent movie
    • Ghost Riders in the sky
    • Black Sabbath (specify song below)

as you all know there have been many threads about this over time and the club are looking at it too.

Well that very nice Blandy has been through the recent threads to pick out the most popular suggestions.

Sabbath get a lot of mentions, but for different songs. So they're in the voting list, but please specify a song by posting the name, metalheads.

Hurricane Smith is the old Tony Butler theme that is played occasionally at VP

If anyone has links to the tunes then put them in and I'll link it in here too

The votes will be counted, and blandy will take the results along to the club

Vote away

I think Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath... but only for night games.

Imagine the scenario, we see the teams in the tunnel on the video-screens, the music starts and the floodlights go out, the sound of rain, thunder and church bells... then as the players enter the pitch the floodlights flash and those 3 notes start playing... that would really put the s**ts up the opposing team...

Now i understand this may not be possible due to health and safety, etc.... but.... if it was.... :-D

I think Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath... but only for night games.

Imagine the scenario, we see the teams in the tunnel on the video-screens, the music starts and the floodlights go out, the sound of rain, thunder and church bells... then as the players enter the pitch the floodlights flash and those 3 notes start playing... that would really put the s**ts up the opposing team...

Now i understand this may not be possible due to health and safety, etc.... but.... if it was.... :-D

Seconded! Even if we don't turn the lights off!!!

Though 'So What' by the Anti Nowhere League would be good for when we play Chelsea Man Utd redscouse etc ;)

We're a football club, not WWF wrestling or whatever it's called now.

Though 'So What' by the Anti Nowhere League would be good for when we play Chelsea Man Utd redscouse etc ;)

Do you not think the lyrics to that may be a tad.... um... offensive to a great number of people!

The language in that song makes rantin' sound like Sir (spit) Cliff

Good point. It needs to be accessible to all.

It also needs to be an anthem, not something that will be 'funny' to be blurted out of Villa Park.

Please remember that you have had you chance to make suggestions on voting. Please use this thread to vote on the shortlist drawn up

Ha ha, thats what I was thinking. It would be very cheesy to say the least. Plus I'm not sure you can just turn the floodlights off and on as they sort of warm up. Could be wrong on that point though.

I voted Sabbath. But I don't think it should be a 'mainstream' song like Paranoid or Iron Man, because no-one would associate that with Villa.

The introduction to The Wizard could be a good signal for entry a bit like the fanfare is.

Valkyries

Not for me.

Has to be said thats the worst version of RotV I've ever heard BUT I kind of agree with you its not that great a tune to run out to

Me I'd have gone a slightly different route in a classical way

I'd have gone for some Grogorian Chanting right at the start and then let that kick into Mars (Bringer of War) from Holst's Planet Suite

But I didnt enter the debate earlier so its my own fault (that and I've only just thought of it)

(So thats a combination of Bunnymen & Bauhaus concert openings from the eighties ;) )

Guest RantinRob

Do you not think the lyrics to that may be a tad.... um... offensive to a great number of people!

The language in that song makes rantin' sound like Sir (spit) Cliff

Heh..............great lyrics to "So What" - the Animal Liberation Front wouldn't care much for the goat reference though :lol: