Support Birmingham

hood_uk

Except, it DOES have an effect. Perception can mean fewer visitors, less money circulating in the city, firms deciding not to locate offices or departments here. Birmingham has virtually no media presence - the BBC have all but sodded off, and Central is owned by Carlton now, and other than a couple of regional news and sport programmes may as well no exist; so no-one is going to blow our trumpet for us.

Things like this "TripAdvisor" thing, are small in themselves, but they all help to establish Birmingham a little more. And it's relatively easy to do. TripAdvisor has free city guides which people can download onto their phones or ipads or view on the net. Positive reviews and details of what the city has to offer is surely a positive thing?

It's not as if the Villa or Blues are promoting a positive image at the moment!

Had an interview on Livery Street yesterday which is next to Snow Hill station. I think Birmingham is a great city. I have spent 4 years living in London, and although it is without doubt a great city, it is so expensive to live there and is too big. Birmingham is the perfect size, not too big, not too small and people are friendly. Birmingham is affordable to rent and buy. I would choose to live in Birmingham over London.

And I can honestly say Birmingham has the best looking women in the UK. Absolute stunners everywhere.

The problem is Birmingham does not market itself well enough. All the other major UK cities do. And Birmingham still has the negative connotations attached to it.

Wowww, your joking right?! You should pay a visit to Walsall near Brum, some right 'beauties' there :lol:

It's not about willy waving.

Just a case of showing your support for the city. Birmingham's economy is struggling and way one to inject some money into the area is through tourism. London doesn't throw much to the regions and what it does is the scraps. Lets fight for ourselves for one.

Birmingham and Manchester are both two different cities with different offerings. Manchester has the support of the media, while Birmingham has to fight for itself. I'm not blaming Manchester for this, they are just far superior at marketing what they have.

Vote now.

Other then the 'more canals then Venice' line dont think we advertise our canals enough. The canal area in central brum could and should look alot prettier other then the area around the mailbox / brindley place. This should be our main selling point.

Our other attraction 'Balti Triangle' is located in an area of Brum i wouldnt dare venture too and our Music district in Moseley is located too far from the centre of Brum although hopefully the new tram line will make the connections easier. I wouldnt go on a Travel West Midlands bus if I was payed too.

All in all though we are still lucky to live in a city like Birmingham rather then Leeds, Sheffield, etc and id much rather live in Birmingham then London.

Had an interview on Livery Street yesterday which is next to Snow Hill station. I think Birmingham is a great city. I have spent 4 years living in London, and although it is without doubt a great city, it is so expensive to live there and is too big. Birmingham is the perfect size, not too big, not too small and people are friendly. Birmingham is affordable to rent and buy. I would choose to live in Birmingham over London.

And I can honestly say Birmingham has the best looking women in the UK. Absolute stunners everywhere.

The problem is Birmingham does not market itself well enough. All the other major UK cities do. And Birmingham still has the negative connotations attached to it.

Wowww, your joking right?! You should pay a visit to Walsall near Brum, some right 'beauties' there :lol:

I am not joking at all. I have been all over london because I lived there for 4 years, I have been to nearly all the home counties in the south, and I regularly go to Essex, Bristol Leicester and Derby. I rarely go north of Leicester though, so admittedly I am missing quite a bit.

But I was astounded at the beauty I saw. Birmingham has a much higher ratio of good looking girls than London, believe me. I am very jealous of anyone who lives in Birmingham.

i was joking about etap its an absolute shithole, but its £39 for a 3 bed room, its a drinkers hotel, ideal for people who plan on spending no time in their room

i cant remember if the walls are plastic and "self cleaning" or if that was hotel formula 1 in liverpool

Does Brum have any good hostels?

Hatters on Livery Street is supposed to be good. I walk past it on my way to college now and again and its always busy and the people outside seem nice enough.

Oh and BIRMINGHAM is 4th in the World at the moment on the vote!

Â