U21's (used to be reserves) 2012-13

OutByEaster?

I think we kick off our new fangled U21 season today at 13:00 against Stoke.

I could be wrong, but the fixture is still on both OS's so I'm guessing it's happening.

A one o'clock kick off at Bodymoor Heath suggests that we won't get to see many of these games, and with the Next Gen and Academy seasons also underway and the first team taking a few of ours away, I'm also not sure what sort of line up we'll put out.

Anyone know any more?

is it 3 overage players max liek the olympics?

this is a good change if so, especially for us, it'll mean that rich clubs buying loads of seniors can't even give the one's not in the matchday squad a run out in the reserves. shoudl make us more competitive in the under 21s and should mean that if a player wants to play and is third choice he needs to find a new club...

all conjecture on my part though seeing as i have no idea of what the rules are :P

anyone care to enlighten me?

VILLA: Siegrist, Lichaj, Herd, Williams, Stevens, Barton, Gardner, Johnson, Cameron, Grealish, Drennan. Subs: Devine, Barrett, Donacien, Graham, Ward.

STOKE: Bachmann, Glasgow, Clarkson, Dawson, Parry, Keane, Hall, Rigg, Thomas, Richardson, Musungu. Subs: Eve, Rossi, Campbell, O’Reilly, Scott.

Seems Lambert is at the game. I don't usually follow the Reserves/Under-21's.

Is that what always happens? The first team manager attends the reserves games?

Depends on the manager. I dont think MON ever attended lol. But Mcleish did as much as he could i think.

When they were at Villa Park, the first team manager would often attend in a box at the back or at least some of the staff would - it's rare that the watching brief actually crosses over into coaching - and by the sound of things Lambert has got involved at half time today.

When they were at Villa Park, the first team manager would often attend in a box at the back or at least some of the staff would - it's rare that the watching brief actually crosses over into coaching - and by the sound of things Lambert has got involved at half time today.

Are you Listening/Watching the game ? And Mikey Drennans becoming a right poacher... think hes a great player i do.

Â