U21's (used to be reserves) 2012-13

OutByEaster?

Relatively quiet, he's been played in the hole behind Drennan - a similar position to the one in the next gen game I think. It's always difficult to get a feel for the game on this sort of commentary (although I have learned there's a lovely chip shop in Water Orton) - sounds like he's done okay.

Cameron has done well according to the commentary team.

Relatively quiet, he's been played in the hole behind Drennan - a similar position to the one in the next gen game I think. It's always difficult to get a feel for the game on this sort of commentary (although I have learned there's a lovely chip shop in Water Orton) - sounds like he's done okay.

Cameron has done well according to the commentary team.

Great cheers for the update mate.

Great start to the season :)

Here's a write-up of the game from the Premier League site.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/Barclays-U21-premier-league-220812.html

Barclays U21 Premier League: Villa off to flyer

Michael Drennan, Daniel Johnson and Josh Barton scored in 3-0 home win

Key Points

Aston Villa begin Barclays U21 Premier League campaign with 3-0 win

Michael Drennan, Daniel Johnson and Josh Barton scored second-half goals

Villa manager Paul Lambert gave youngsters a half-time pep talk for Stoke City's visit

Aston Villa 3-0 Stoke City

Aston Villa their Barclays U21 Premier League campaign off to a promising start with a comfortable 3-0 win over Stoke City.

First-team manager Paul Lambert watched on at Bodymoor Heath as second-half goals from Michael Drennan, Daniel Johnson and Josh Barton earned the home side three points.

Villa edged a tight first period but headed into the break with the score at 0-0.

Lambert offered the players some words of advice at half-time and his pep-talk paid dividends as Villa instantly stepped up things.

Within three minutes of the restart, Drennan headed in a left-wing cross from Stevens to open the scoring and the Irish forward set up the second for captain Johnson a quarter of an hour later.

Barton confirmed Stoke’s second successive defeat in the competition with a fine solo effort 12 minutes before the end.

Interesting that lambert felt the need to have a word with the young lads at half time.

Yeah, I like the sound of it. Bonds the squad I think and makes the youngsters feel like part of the squad as the transition from reserves to first team.

It also gives me a feeling Lambert's watching the whole squad and looking for potential and forming his own opinions on these players. And lets them know and instills in them the football philosophy he wants in the first team.

• 2 weeks later...
3-0 up and let it slip for a 3-3 draw today. A really young team though as we've got quite a few away on international duty I believe and they've done well there.

Was Siegrist in goal or is he one of those on international duty?

Â