Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If we stay up or go down I'm very much looking forward to next season.

If we go down into the Championshit I will hate every second of next season. We have had to write off the last 3 seasons & I don't want to write off next seasons already come May 19th.

With the new finance deal looming this would be the worst season ever to be relegated & would set this club back 10 years minimum.

This is why you can't relax currently.

I hate this relegation nightmare because it leaves me constantly on edge & unable to relax & as  earlier posters mentioned feeling physically sick when Stoke & Norwich pegged us back to 1-1 in recent games that we should have been out of sight in.

This is what loving the Villa does to you.

Look I would be totally gutted if we went down, but I've fallen in love with this team after almost hating the team last year. I like every single first team player ATM even Bennett could turn into an excellent player.

Gabby scored an 89th minute winner at Upton Park in 2011 which took the club to 40 points, albeit in early April. Again this season he has scored an 89th minute winner which takes the club 10 40 points. As others have said, if that game had finished a draw, we would of been playing championship football next season. The end of season table will show that.

Still annoyed that Wigan keep getting results. How they won yesterday I don't know as WBA should have had 2 penalties. Their luck continues game after game.

I just hope Swansea can surprise everyone on Tuesday and get at least a point.

Wigan don't keep getting results though. Before yesterday they had got 2 points from 4 games.

Good point. What I should have said is results when they don't deserve it. For example, their 2-1 win at home to Newcastle when not only should they have had 10 men for most of the game they were also allowed to score the winning goal after a blatant handball.

I will be happy for Wigan to stay up if we have secured our Premiership status before the last game of the season.

Said this in the PL thread, but I'll think we'll be fine because I can't see Norwich getting to 40.

They might put  40 past Wank Brom next week.

West Brom did enough to win yesterday. It was sheer luck that Wigan did.

Said this in the PL thread, but I'll think we'll be fine because I can't see Norwich getting to 40.

it's wide open but our problem is the other teams on 40 have a way better GD than us. we really need another point to be "level" with them. that said, that said wigan need 5 points from 3 games, 1 of which against arsenal and one against us. ideally we'd want sunderland to lose tomorrow so we keep a few teams below us. 

point against chelsea and i'll change my unsure vote to no :)

Wigan don't keep getting results though. Before yesterday they had got 2 points from 4 games.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about in reference to Wigan. They're some kind of boogeyman at the moment to some people, but the facts are

1) they're consistently dropping points, more than any non-relegated team in the league

2) they're down there most seasons

3) they're awful

They LOOK like they're getting loads of great results for some reason, and they might even stay up, but people have been expecting them to win every game for the last 5 or 6 matches and us to win none

I don't know. On TalkShite last night, they were talking about Wigan/Villa as the biggest game in a century, forgetting there's shit loads of teams between us and Wigan.

We need to chill a bit. For us to go down, it'll have to be a meltdown of epic proportions. The form book will have to be ripped up by 3/4 teams and top 4 teams chasing CL will have to lose at home.

We need to chill a bit. For us to go down, it'll have to be a meltdown of epic proportions. The form book will have to be ripped up by 3/4 teams and top 4 teams chasing CL will have to lose at home.

No CL chasing team would need to lose for us to go down. In fact they could all win against our rivals on the final day and we still go down. It's if teams like Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland fail to pick up 3 points next weekend that they would then need to get something out of the CL chasers.

• Like 1

They might put  40 past Wank Brom next week.

West Brom did enough to win yesterday. It was sheer luck that Wigan did.

Simply don't trust Wank Brom. They weren't out of luck when they beat Liverpool at Anfield a couple of weeks back I noticed. One of the jammiest wins i've ever seen.

They won't turn up at Norwich next week either because they want us down. (Forget about all that bullshit being spouted by Steve Clarke about competition being healthy for WM football.........................My Arse!

Imagine the situation in reverse. Would you want Villa to do all they could to keep Albion in the Prem?

I know what my answer would be!

Keep Albion up? I'm a huge advocate for West Midlands football. Was gutted about Wolves as well.

What's the point of a rivalry if you can't play them and beat them?

Simply don't trust Wank Brom. They weren't out of luck when they beat Liverpool at Anfield a couple of weeks back I noticed. One of the jammiest wins i've ever seen.

They won't turn up at Norwich next week either because they want us down. (Forget about all that bullshit being spouted by Steve Clarke about competition being healthy for WM football.........................My Arse!

That'd be true if the fans were playing the games. They're not. How many of their players are local lads who would give a flying **** about Villa? Their team won't give a **** if we stay up or not

• Like 1

No one that plays for West Brom gives two shits about a WM rivalry.

Fans are so naive to think the players care anything about their little made up hatreds. They care about money and winning, in that order.

Keep Albion up? I'm a huge advocate for West Midlands football. Was gutted about Wolves as well.

What's the point of a rivalry if you can't play them and beat them?

Because if you are Wank Brom & we are in the Championshit they will try & claim that they are the bigger club when we all know in reality that they are shit.

It's also for that reason that they would be more than happy to help send us down.