Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

@ghostgoal has written a good piece on why Wigan's late surge last year might be difficult to reproduce. Martinez essentially changed to 3-4-3 in Jan, with the introduction of Beausejour. This took team's by surprise and allowed Wigan to go on a run.

With Rodallega and Moses gone, no January reinforcements and no surprise tactics sprung, Martinez doesn't have the same cards up his sleeve.

That's not to say they won't pull it off again but their "traditional" surge isn't so traditional and isn't just down to an ability to pull results from nowhere.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15129/8674834/All-out-of-surprises

(apologies if link is long - on phone, will fix later if broken)

Am still feeling uneast about Wigan. Martinez is the master of psychology & whose to say he won't come up with another formation that will totally out fox & out manouvre opposition managers & coaches again before close of play on May 19th?

This ain't over yet & I for one am still on edge! Daft as this may seem I was even nervous at 4-1 the other night with bitter memories of the capitulation of such advantages being thrown away both against Leicester & Spurs in recent years to name but two.

It's not over yet.

there is only one brown sauce and that is not it.

they should know better, posting that on a Villa forum, given the location of the Villa and the location of a well-known brown sauce manufacturer that is not Daddies.

Daddies Sauce is made by HP Sauce and so are many supermarket brands that are around.

Been there, done that, didn't buy the T Shirt though!

Sauce = source. Bleedin' amateurs :) Where did you read that Pardew has lost le dressing room.

He's lost the dressing, not the sauce. ;)

I'll give you that. Well played :) I didn't even see it coming!

Imagine we survive, Newcastle go down and Benteke and Weimman sign new deals.

**** me I would be over the moon.

I'll take that, but replace Newcastle with anyone but us. 

Imagine we survive, Newcastle go down and Benteke and Weimman sign new deals.

**** me I would be over the moon.

I'll take that, but replace Newcastle with anyone but us.

That's kind of taken care of by the first bit about us surviving.

Must admit I wouldn't be happy with just surviving any more. I want us at somewhere around 14-12th place. Yes, I know.

Edited by Gompedyret
  • Like 1

Yes probably better to keep his mouth shut but wont make much difference to wigan anyway as they will be really fired up for this game. Hope Lukaku can do his fellow Belgium a favour. West Brom are looking for a top 8 finish so I'm sure they will be up for it.

Sauce = source. Bleedin' amateurs :) Where did you read that Pardew has lost le dressing room.

He's lost the dressing, not the sauce. ;)
I'll give you that. Well played :) I didn't even see it coming!
Thank you sir. Oil get back on topic by saying I hope we Caesar chance on Saturday.

#quitwhileyoureahead

Seriously though, if we beat Norwich on Sat, not only are we looking good - it puts them right up against it. Tough game against West Brom then City on the last day. I have them going down, on 39 on goal diff.

So yeah... Newcastle.

They banned a reporter from putting out an article about a dressing room split. 

@gallaghereditor Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.

Interesting.... 

Would be nice to see them drop into the relegation zone.

So yeah... Newcastle.

@gallaghereditor Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.

Interesting....

Yeah as i mention, sisokko left training half way through on Monday after big fall out. App its all because they are all being played out of position and they dont like it

So yeah... Newcastle.

@gallaghereditor Things at Newcastle must be worse than we thought: they have banned our reporter Luke Edwards for revealing the dressing room is split.

Interesting.... 

wonder if it will still be split after they beat west ham the weekend ?

We must beat Norwich - no other results matter !

I just can't see Newcastle going down. They've amassed too many points already.

Not sure about too many points already. Is 37 enough to stay up?.... depends on Wigan. However I think they will win at QPR

I just can't see Newcastle going down. They've amassed too many points already.

Not sure about too many points already. Is 37 enough to stay up?.... depends on Wigan. However I think they will win at QPR

Well I can't see them losing at QPR and they don't have to play Wigan like we do.