Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

About the 8-0, although Chelsea were brilliant and obviously deserved to win I think on another day the score could've been far lower. Everything just seemed to go right for them that day.

Who knows just how crucial motm Guzan's last minute penalty save might just turn out to be?

The fact that a win against Norwich would take us to 40 points and most probably see us safe should be motivation for the players and management. As you said, just one last push.

The problem is that the same is also true for Norwich, except that in their case a win will make them mathematically safe if Wigan lose or draw at West Brom, or about 99% safe even if Wigan win. On the other hand, like us, they could still find themselves in big trouble if they lose. In fact they could even be in the relegation zone by next Tuesday if they lose to Villa and other results go against them.

So the stakes are just as high for them, and they are playing at home where they've still only lost 3 times all season. They may be a poor team, but I don't think it's going to be easy.

Edited by NormandyVillan

there is only one brown sauce and that is not it.

they should know better, posting that on a Villa forum, given the location of the Villa and the location of a well-known brown sauce manufacturer that is not Daddies.

• Like 2

Key to all this can be the Chelsea game. IF Chelsea then beat Basel tomorrow they will have an Europa League final 4 days after our game at Villa Park.

IF Chelsea draw with Man U and win over Spurs + Spurs draw or loose to Southampton - then Chelsea are 6 points ahead of spurs going into the last two games - with a much Superior GD.

How much fight do you think Chelsea will put up then and don't you think Rafa might spare a player or two for the final?

That could make it possible for us to get a vital point!

Ive a tactic, if we score first, someone has to take upon themselves to hoof it into the crowd to help us get our focus back once game restarts. I noticed after we scored the second goal v sunderland that Guzan had the sense to slow the game down for 3 or 4 mins. Pity nobody done it after first one

Not being selective at all. Your focusing on parts of the season rather than the whole. At the moment we haven't been better than last season and the current table proves that. But keep trying VillaCas.

Yeah right, last night was no better than the pigswill served up by McLeish shower of shit. Obviously no improvement at all!!!

Westwood, Lowton, Bennett, Benteke and Lambert all outstanding. Still mooning over Berbatov, Adam and Redknapp??

I guess you liking my post in the match thread was a little malfunction with your keyboard then. :)

Lol .... I can't remember what it said but I sensed you wanted to come over from the dark side and I was keen to give you a little encouragement

Sauce = source. Bleedin' amateurs :) Where did you read that Pardew has lost le dressing room.

He def has, ive a very reliable Newcastle friend and he also told me Sissoko walked out half way through training on Monday.

As I said on here over the weekend,  we could all be in a position of not caring about the Wigan game,  in fact looking for a Wigan win to relegate the barcodes (or now the mackems)

You've been moaning over the last few weeks stating that we'd be relegated.

I think he even went to far as to say it was a foregone conclusion at one point too

After we lost 8-0 at Chelsea, 4-0 to Spurs & 3-0 to Wigan I think it would be fair to state that the majority of Villa fans thought relegation to be a foregone conclusion so there is no shame there for Richard.

Let's be totally honest here, We all felt it!

Not everyone!!

What I find mystifying is that give or take a couple these were the same group of players that lost 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 to Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan all in the space of two weeks and then went on to be knocked out of the League Cup and FA Cup by Bradford and Millwall respectively.  They look like completely different players now.

Based on our late December/January form we were going down there's no doubt about that. Luckily things have picked up since then.

The harder they work the luckier they get....not luck just relentless application from Lambert, his staff and the players

As I said on here over the weekend, we could all be in a position of not caring about the Wigan game, in fact looking for a Wigan win to relegate the barcodes (or now the mackems)

You've been moaning over the last few weeks stating that we'd be relegated.

I think he even went to far as to say it was a foregone conclusion at one point too

After we lost 8-0 at Chelsea, 4-0 to Spurs & 3-0 to Wigan I think it would be fair to state that the majority of Villa fans thought relegation to be a foregone conclusion so there is no shame there for Richard.

Let's be totally honest here, We all felt it!

Nope.

Ever the optimist I thought we would survive all along!

Just as I did under McLeish and under Houllier.

You lot are just a bunch of nagging nancies!

they should know better, posting that on a Villa forum, given the location of the Villa and the location of a well-known brown sauce manufacturer that is not Daddies.

I don't think they will be very HP about this at all? Think they could be in the brown stuff! :)

Both Daddies and HP are manufactured in the same place ..................... and it's nowhere near Aston or indeed England.  Bloody Heinz :angry:

Both Daddies and HP are manufactured in the same place ..................... and it's nowhere near Aston or indeed England.  Bloody Heinz :angry:

Would that be Karl Heinz Rummenigge by any chance or am I out on my 57 varieties?  :P 

@ghostgoal has written a good piece on why Wigan's late surge last year might be difficult to reproduce. Martinez essentially changed to 3-4-3 in Jan, with the introduction of Beausejour. This took team's by surprise and allowed Wigan to go on a run.

With Rodallega and Moses gone, no January reinforcements and no surprise tactics sprung, Martinez doesn't have the same cards up his sleeve.

That's not to say they won't pull it off again but their "traditional" surge isn't so traditional and isn't just down to an ability to pull results from nowhere.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15129/8674834/All-out-of-surprises

(apologies if link is long - on phone, will fix later if broken)

Sauce = source. Bleedin' amateurs :) Where did you read that Pardew has lost le dressing room.

He def has, ive a very reliable Newcastle friend and he also told me Sissoko walked out half way through training on Monday.

How ironic.

The reason he is at Newcastle is his history of losing (not football matches),  now whilst there he loses the dressing room.

Long may it continue I think them or blunderland to get relegated would make me happy!

They're a hardy bunch Wigan, but if we can beat Norwich on Saturday they'd need to win 3 from 4.

In other words, come a week from today it could already be over. We have a FIVE point gap, not insurmountable true, but I'd rather have the lads go out there relaxed and loose and ready to play football again than tense and anxious.

They've earned that. So have we in many ways.

Aye but HP was based in Aston. It's our sauce.

For what it's worth, I think HP Fruity is the greatest condiment on Earth (Mars has better condiments apparently).

• Like 1